Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It's not genuine. You're not dead. YOU ARE LOVED AND ACCEPTED AND FORGIVEN! What is holding you back? Do you feel you need to apologise to someone? Forgive someone? What is holding you back? You have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit by saying mean things to Him! He can handle it! He's been around for a while! He's had worse! He can shake it off and forgive you SO EASY!

What do you mean the Gospels aren't genuine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You don't need to worry about it.

Just to let you know I got your PM but because of some error I cannot reply. But I'm not ignoring you I just can't reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Just to let you know I got your PM but because of some error I cannot reply. But I'm not ignoring you I just can't reply.

I think you need a few more likes to be able to reply in PMs

Anyway, thanks for letting me know it got through.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can hardly bring myself to do anything right now, all I can do is focus on my fears. I want to die but fear death more than I ever have. I just want peace with Christ. I fear that the LORD hates me. Like the passages with Esau, He might hate me and there's nothing I can do. (Like: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." And that Esau could not get his birthright even seeking it WITH TEARS)

I hear so many people bringing up the literal wording of the unpardonable sin passages and saying they hate people twisting blasphemy (which is modernly defined as defiant irreverence or slander) into persistent unbelief. That people do this to deny that some living people have done something to secure their condemnation while they're still alive. This, and Jesus's own words "By your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." Make me fear. So I'll ask, and please refrain from calling me dramatic this is no small business, is there hope? Is it forgivable only in ignorance? Impulsive thoughts? As long as you don't mean it? Once you stop living that way? Can anyone be forgiven as long as they have physical breath?

Is the sin WILLING or WILLFUL? Speaking certain words or deliberate disbelief?

I fear I will never have peace again. I miss the days where I could lay in the sunshine and appreciate God's love and His amazing creations but now I can mainly just fear.
Before I go any further I will say that only you and God know if you truly believe unto salvation because salvation is an act or will of the heart which no man can know for you.

that being said...what do you believe with your heart about God? I did a deep study of this some time ago and can find it if you give me time and if you are interested, but it boils down to this...what do you believe about God/Christ/salvation/sin/redemption, etc. Scripture says we believe unto salvation what do you believe?

If you believe unto salvation, God promises to provide us with a guarantee or down payment so to speak. (passages upon request) Since God is true to His promises, if that guarantee is evident in your life, you can rest in knowing that you are saved. That guarantee is the HS. The HS is evidenced through "2" things. 1. a changed heart, that is to say we no longer desire the things of the flesh but the things of God. Now, this does NOT mean we will no longer be tempted but that if we do fall we know that guilt, we don't want to sin, etc. Basically an ever growing closer to righteousness in everything we do and say. 2. The fruit of the spirit which is found in Galatians 5:22-23. This things also will be increasing in the one who is saved.

Is there a way to fall away or out of salvation...yes, but is forgiveness offered, yes. Basically it goes like this...because you are questioning and worried, you have not fallen so far away that you cannot be brought into right relationship with God because if you had fallen that far, you wouldn't care. Caring is a sign of God still calling you to Himself and as long as you still hear His voice He is still passionately pursuing you and you are still looking for Him. Take time to work out the doubts with God and as you do, tell Satan that you will not listen to him and then tell him who you are in Christ, who you are moving ever closer to become and that his lies will not be tolerated by a child of the KING.

That is my two cents on the matter.

• Winner
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't need to worry?? It makes me sick just thinking about all this.
what you need is to find evidence of the indwelling HS which happens when we yield to His working. That is how we know without doubt we are saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One thing I KNOW DeerGlow, is that you have not blasphemed the holy spirit. How do I know this? Because you are here asking questions and worrying. If you blasphemed the holy spirit, then you wouldn't care at all about your relationship with God. You wouldn't worry at all! So, be at peace, and just trust in Jesus, by his death on the cross you are forgiven everything. That's the truth. Believe that!

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I once had the same problem as you. But then I told myself: "I trust in Jesus sacrifice at the cross, no matter how it feels inside." It has nothing to do with how it feels. It's about what HE has done for us. It's forgiven, it's done! That helped me a lot, and still does.

"When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said “It is finished,” and he bowed his head gave up his spirit." /Joh 19:30

Upvote 0

younglite

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,070.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DeerGlow, Esau sought his birthright with tears, not his salvation. It's important that you don't allow Satan to twist Scripture to oppress you with guilt and shame. God didn't literally hate Esau. Exaggerations were made in Scripture all the time to make a point. Esau didn't seek God, while Jacob did. God's response to the one seeking him is always love and acceptance. If you are truly seeking Him, He will accept you. He is bigger than your doubts or past sins. I agree with many here that the very fact you are wrestling with this is a sign of the Holy Spirit calling you to come home to a place of peace with God.

Upvote 0

didomach

Darlene N. Bocek
Nov 28, 2016
Turkey
✟16,396.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I just want peace with Christ. .
The person committing the unforgivable sin doesn't care that they are.

Christ died for sins of those who will completely throw themselves on the mercy of God, who cover themselves with his cloak and ask for him to be their kinsman-redeemer. And on the Day of Judgment, your deeds will prove if you were honest in your desire.

Your deeds prove who your master is, they do not save or condemn you. Your faith saves you. Your only hope is that he died "For You." That's all faith is. "It was for me." If you come to a point where you want it and would die to keep it, you have it.

John Piper has a great short about Revelation where it talks of being blotted out of the Book of Life. http://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/can-i-be-blotted-from-the-book-of-life

True believers want nothing but Jesus.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Clovis Man

LCMS - Recovering Baptist
Site Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Clovis, New Mexico USA
✟53,767.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can hardly bring myself to do anything right now, all I can do is focus on my fears. I want to die but fear death more than I ever have. I just want peace with Christ. I fear that the LORD hates me. Like the passages with Esau, He might hate me and there's nothing I can do. (Like: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated." And that Esau could not get his birthright even seeking it WITH TEARS)

I hear so many people bringing up the literal wording of the unpardonable sin passages and saying they hate people twisting blasphemy (which is modernly defined as defiant irreverence or slander) into persistent unbelief. That people do this to deny that some living people have done something to secure their condemnation while they're still alive. This, and Jesus's own words "By your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." Make me fear. So I'll ask, and please refrain from calling me dramatic this is no small business, is there hope? Is it forgivable only in ignorance? Impulsive thoughts? As long as you don't mean it? Once you stop living that way? Can anyone be forgiven as long as they have physical breath?

I fear I will never have peace again. I miss the days where I could lay in the sunshine and appreciate God's love and His amazing creations but now I can mainly just fear.

You sound a lot like Martin Luther. Even after becoming a monk, he was SO afraid that his sin would condemn him.

Know what finally comforted him? Getting into the Word and learning what it really says, not what somebody else wants you to think it says.

Habbakuk 2:4 might be a comfort for you -- "Lo, a presumptuous one! Not upright is his soul within him, And the righteous by his stedfastness liveth."

Your fear is a GOOD thing. Use it to continue in repentance.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joseph Smoe

Nov 30, 2016
Rochester, NH
✟7,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
DeerGlow,
If you are worried that you have committed the unpardonable sin rest assured you haven't. You concern confirms your innocence.
Please note that the Bible clearly states, "For whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved" (Rom. 10:13).No invitation to salvation carries with it an exception clause, "unless you have committed the unpardonable sin."

I would encourage you to read the book by Charles Stanley that deals with most of your questions. It's called "Eternal Security: Can you be Sure?". This book really helped me out and answered many of my questions, I think it would be of great comfort to you. The truth is, once you are saved, you are always saved and there is nothing you can do to unsave yourself even if you wanted to. It's kind of like your earthly family, you were born into a family and you can't unbirth yourself.

here is the table of content from that book:

1 What Is at Stake?
2 The Question at Hand
3 Saved and Secure
4 Adoption
5 Is Adoption Forever?
6 Signed,Sealed,and Delivered
7 Who Will Perish?
8 For Those Who Stop Believing
9 "He Who Believes ..."
10 Faithful to the Faithless
11 The Case of the Disobedient Believer
12 What Do We Have to Lose?
13 Every-Second Counts
14 Gold, Silver, and Precious Stones
15 The Unpardonable Sin
16 Falling from Grace
17 Hebrews: A Unique Situation
18 Once and For All
19 Warning 1: No Escape
20 Warning 2: Falling Away
21 Warning 3: No More Offering
22 Does God Have an Eraser?
23 Recorded with the Righteous

• Winner
Upvote 0

Jack100m

Sep 6, 2016
United Kingdom
✟15,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I used to worry about this time after time, but I've realised I haven't blasphemed the Holy Spirit. I remember cursing the Holy Spirit because it was on my mine, and after that I thought my salvation has been destroyed. Truth is, cursing the Holy Spirit isn't blaspheming him. God is the Holy Spirit, god is Jesus. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is when you constantly deny god and not let him into your life. From what I can see, you clearly want to put things I right. If you're inviting Jesus into your life then you haven't blasphemed the Holy Spirit. If cursing was blasphemy everyone would be doomed. Relax, god admires a person with faith of a mustard seed. :)

• Winner
Upvote 0

patdee

Sep 20, 2016
Duluth, Georgia
✟23,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Do not fear
Is there a particular time in your life that you seriously believe you committed the unpardonable sin?

Fear NOT dear brother in Jesus.

The "unpardonable sin" you can NOT commit as long as you are alive!. I know, I know; this is going to get me flamed from here to eternity, but please follow along:

Mark 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

NOTICE with sincere and fervent in-depth thought, consider what Jesus said in the first verse. He meant that EVERY sin man had EVER committed or ever would commit, WILL be pardoned on judgment day. IF Jesus gave no exceptions, it means that Jesus' death paid for EVERY sin that could ever be committed past, present or future.

But Jesus DID give ONE exception, and ONLY one. It is called as you see; "Blaspheming against the Holy Ghost". But notice in verse 28, that ALL other blasphemies WILL be forgiven. This is so important; since MOST do not see this; as I didn't for over 70 yrs!. But it is true that ALL blasphemies (there are a myriad of blasphemies that one can commit throughout life) EXCEPT for one blasphemy.

But WHAT is "blaspheming against the Holy Ghost"? That is the question. I assure you that if you were to ask a 1,000 preachers to explain that, you are liable to get many, many different answers. Even more if you ask 10,000 Christians; believe it or not. Try it!

I would NOT be surprised if there were not different interpretations in this very thread. Look and see.

So what is it? How does one find out? Where do you go? This is the questions. OK the answer is quite simple. Indeed it is.

Jesus said, John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Notice, He never said "scripture" or the "church" or a "bible" or a "priest", was the "way". He said HE was the way. He was the truth!

Then GO to HIM alone. ON your knees in sincere prayer and ask Him to explain it to you. I did NOT do that for over 70 yrs because I had been brainwashed that ALL that I needed was to "Read the bible". But I had read it for almost 3/4's of a century and like you, I worried (needlessly) about it.

Withing days of that prayer the answer became obvious that it could NOT be ANY sin that I had ever thought of or any sin that others had described. So it HAD to be a sin that is beyond "worldly" thinking.

I then realized that it was a sin that HAD to be the moment I die in the following scenario: Since Jesus accepted and "saved" a thief "on the cross" just moments before he would be dead, that means that salvation can come right up to the point of death. Even on a death bed with a person drawing their last breath. So what IS it that makes death so final when it comes to salvation?

It simply means that a person has said "NO" one time too often, the moment they die. Since they HAVE until their dying breath to say "Yes". So IF they have not said "Yes" by the time they draw their last breath, they then HAVE committed the "Unpardonable sin". IE: "Blaspheming against the Holy Ghost! BECAUSE the Holy Ghost HAS been calling them since birth. And that "voice" goes silent upon death!

IF they die and have not believed IN Jesus; that is, believed that HE is the ONLY true God who was manifest IN the flesh: 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was "manifest in the flesh", justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory; then they have committed the ONLY sin Jesus did not die for..

So relax dear brother. You are as saved as much as ANY one could ever be saved. HOWEVER your sins WILL be punished "7 fold" for EVERY sin you commit while IN the flesh. (As your good deeds are blessed 10 fold EVERY day).

Oh indeed they are: Leviticus 26:28 Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

And consider HOW much He blessed Moses, Daniel and countless others for their good deeds. Yet He punished them for their sins also. Check it out!

Note: Jesus' "sacrifice" does NOT mean we go unpunished for our sins. For his "sacrifice" meant He PAID for the sins and on judgment day we will receive a 100 percent "pardon". This fact is where MOST "religionists" fail in their thinking; because they have not asked for wisdom. For without wisdom, NO one will understand a word of scripture, believe it or not.

Finally:One can NOT lose their salvation. I know, I know MOST Christians adamantly believe you can. But you can NOT. For IF a person could lose their salvation, we ALL will go to hell. No "If's", NO "And's" and NO "But's". Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come "short" of the glory of God; 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

IF Jesus did not pay for ALL sins (when it comes to going to hell), with the exception of the "Unpardonable sin"; then we ALL go to hell for our daily sins. Oh indeed yes.

Believe it or not.

May Jesus richly bless you always dear brother IN Jesus.

P. S.: If the above doesn't get me tarred and feathered, the following WILL:

Hebrews 10:26 is either a bold faced lie; OR Jesus is! And Jesus was NO liar. This is why the likes of the Martin Luther's (Catholic Priest in Wittenberg Germany in 1517), Thomas Jefferson's and countless other " bible scholars" stated that the book of Hebrews was "garbage"

I agree 100%; because even though the book says some things that are correct, the verse above (and others) is pure nonsense. For IF it was true, NO one goes to Heaven. Get this, NO one has any credible evidence of who even wrote the book . We ALL sin "willfully" ALL the time. And the truth has been heard enough to fill 10 battleships!

If you do not believe it, take it to Jesus and ask Him, in sincere prayer to give you the truth.

Try it! You may be surprised. Promise!

Again, may He bless you dear sir.

patdee

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jhillaire84

Believer
Jul 17, 2014
✟15,307.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Hi DeerGlow
I have been reading some of your post on several topics. I have come to realize that you are dealing with a very severe case of anxiety and OCD. It is also very much a spiritual attack. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).The enemy uses fear as a tactic so that we forget who we really are in Christ. I am very aware of your situation because I also dealt with the exact same thing during my teen years and still do to some extent right now. Telling you that you have not lost your salvation is not going to help even though it is the truth because right now your mind and emotions are riddled with the fear of displeasing God and falling out of favour with him. What i will suggest however to get you through this period is meditating on the scriptures. Psalms are very helpful. When you feel as if your mind is compelling you to think bad thoughts or unwanted thoughts about God or the Holy Spirit, take out your bible and start to read the Psalms aloud. Remember the word of God defeats the enemy. Even if you dont feel better initially continue to do so until you feel a relief. It will come. Some Psalms which I usually turn to are 91,35,18,138,56,145,149. Prayer and worship is also very important. Put on some of your favorite worship music and sing along. Allow yourself to focus on the words as you sing and remember how good God has been to you. Even if you cant find the words to pray, reading the Psalms will help. The peace of Christ will come with time. Remember we are in a battle with the enemy and he wants to take our faith our joy and our peace. Your mission, our mission is to fight until we win this battle. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus...you ca email me at jamiehillaire@hotmail.com

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

sturgeonslawyer

Feb 11, 2005
Directly above the center of the Earth
Visit site
✟12,706.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
DeerGlow,

As has been said, this is actually a positive sign. You are passing through what St. John of the Cross calls the "Dark Night of the Soul." C.S. Lewis put it differently; he observes that, like a good Father, God sometimes stops supporting us so we can learn to walk on our own.

If you need Scriptural evidence for this, turn to Paul's letter to the Philippeans, where he says, "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you." Fear and trembling - yes, and tears - are a sign that you are on the right path.

Knowing that you are in the "Dark Night of the Soul" will not make it all better, but it may make it easier to bear...

• Winner
Upvote 0