Extra train tab in New Jersey because of New York City mayor's executive order on immigrants

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"In a statement issued Sunday, Secaucus, N.J., Mayor Michael Gonnelli said at least four buses carrying migrants dropped them off at the train station in Secaucus over the weekend. The migrants then boarded trains into New York City."

I sure hope Texas does not have to pick up the extra tab for trains but the process needs to continue. Joe Biden is flaunting the law and is going to continue violating his oath of office until enough Democrats squawk about their inconveniences. The faster the border policy changes the more children can be saved from sex trafficking and/or death.

Last edited:

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"In a statement issued Sunday, Secaucus, N.J., Mayor Michael Gonnelli said at least four buses carrying migrants dropped them off at the train station in Secaucus over the weekend. The migrants then boarded trains into New York City."

I don't like Texas having to pay extra for trains but it needs to be done. Joe Biden is flaunting the law and is going to continue violating his oath of office until enough Democrats squawk about their inconveniences. The faster the border policy changes the more children can be saved from sex trafficking and/or death.
Oh, boo hoo for texas. They're the ones that sent a bunch of people to New Jersey.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh, boo hoo for texas. They're the ones that sent a bunch of people to New Jersey.
They did so because they could not handle all the people and the federal government is not addressing the issue.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden is addressing the immigration in a way that is unacceptable to Republicans, who prefer the "Netanyahu" approach to dealing with refugees.

He is even willing to reach compromises with Republicans, but Republicans want all or nothing. There is nothing wrong with allowing the "dreamers" to become citizens and to continue the "dreamers" program. The dreamers I know are working in professions in which we have shortages, such as nursing and teaching.

The erroneous claim that keeping children in countries where they die from gang violence, starvation, malnutrition, lack of medical care, etc. is "saving them from sex-trafficking or death" is so unbelievably heartless no words can express my disgust. Anti-immigration supporters don't care if Central American children die in their home countries in greater numbers--and that is supported by Trump's half-baked position as president to lower foreign aid to "punish" the countries whose citizens were leaving.

The Mexican president told the U.S. how to reduce immigration. And guess what? It's a "Republican" approach. Market forces! Help Central America build its economies through aid, trade policies, and encouraging companies that are already outsourcing to hated China to outsource in Central America instead.

Market forces! Wow! But instead, anti-immigration proponents prefer the "Netanyahu approach" to pesky refugees.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Biden is addressing the immigration in a way that is unacceptable to Republicans, who prefer the "Netanyahu" approach to dealing with refugees.

He is even willing to reach compromises with Republicans, but Republicans want all or nothing. There is nothing wrong with allowing the "dreamers" to become citizens and to continue the "dreamers" program. The dreamers I know are working in professions in which we have shortages, such as nursing and teaching.

The erroneous claim that keeping children in countries where they die from gang violence, starvation, malnutrition, lack of medical care, etc. is "saving them from sex-trafficking or death" is so unbelievably heartless no words can express my disgust. Anti-immigration supporters don't care if Central American children die in their home countries in greater numbers--and that is supported by Trump's half-baked position as president to lower foreign aid to "punish" the countries whose citizens were leaving.

The Mexican president told the U.S. how to reduce immigration. And guess what? It's a "Republican" approach. Market forces! Help Central America build its economies through aid, trade policies, and encouraging companies that are already outsourcing to hated China to outsource in Central America instead.

Market forces! Wow! But instead, anti-immigration proponents prefer the "Netanyahu approach" to pesky refugees.
I have no problem with dreamers having a path to become citizens.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Seriously this. If you only care about trafficking when Jim Qveziel makes a movie about it and your pastor tells you to go see it, you don’t really care about trafficking.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since the bussed folks are mostly/all asylum seekers from what I have read, the presumption must be that Abbott does not want them to be able to attend their asylum hearing in Texas. This increases the number of illegals in the US.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Since the bussed folks are mostly/all asylum seekers from what I have read, the presumption must be that Abbott does not want them to be able to attend their asylum hearing in Texas. This increases the number of illegals in the US.
That’d be a really great move. Really embodying the spirits of both America and Christ.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,281.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have no problem with dreamers having a path to become citizens.
But Congressional Republicans do. They are afraid if they budge an inch they can't throw all the blame for immigration problems on Biden.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
But Congressional Republicans do. They are afraid if they budge an inch they can't throw all the blame for immigration problems on Biden.
Now I do believe that the dreamer program should no longer be a thing going forward. but for those already here there should be some path to citizenship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Now I do believe that the dreamer program should no longer be a thing going forward. but for those already here there should be some path to citizenship.
That’s what the ”Dreamer program” is, a legal-niche, where these people’s cases are deferred to a time when such a “pathway-to-citizenship“ is finally agreed to.

If we truly had “open-borders” then who’d pay “human-traffickers“ for “product”?

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married