Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If we pretend that not a single fossil exists, then evolution theory would be still supported by such solid mountain of evidence that it honestly is nothing short of a perversion to still deny it.

Such as????

Bacteria remaining bacteria?????

Fruit flies remaining fruit flies?????

Just what evidence constitutes this mountain of evidence?

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Such as????

The fact that you are unaware of any of the evidence for evolution suggests that you aren’t really in a position to argue against it.

• Winner
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The problem is that you seem to be under the impression that the Biblical "kind" MUST be a thing.

Actually, it's two things. Their kind (Trinity) are eternal kinds made by God. (Elohim-The Trinity)
His kind (Jesus) (YHWH/Lord God) are temporary kinds subject to death. It's that simple. Knowing this opens Genesis to a better understanding. Want examples?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
There are many different kind of ”truths”.

False. The is only One Truth and God hid it in Genesis.

The modern literal truth is very wrong to use when reading texts like the ones contained in the bible.

Not so, since God tells us that what He hid in Genesis, will NOT be understood, until the last days. Daniel 12:4 It's empirical (testable) evidence of the Literal God. NO man 3k years ago, knew the scientific and historic Truth hidden in Genesis, since it is just now being discovered by Science.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VirOptimus
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
NO man 3k years ago, knew the scientific and historic Truth hidden in Genesis, since it is just now being discovered by Science.
Not sure about it being the end of time, and Genesis being discovered by science just yet, but I must say I'm impressed with your use of scripture, as well as your interpretation of it.

• Haha
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Not sure about it being the end of time, and Genesis being discovered by science just yet, but I must say I'm impressed with your use of scripture, as well as your interpretation of it.

Thank you for your kind words. God revealed His method of hiding His scientific Truth from everyone except the Christians of the last days. Daniel 12:4 He hid it in the "increased knowledge" of our time. What I noticed as I first read Genesis (trying to prove it wrong) was that it agreed in every way with every discovery of Science. I'm a converted evolutionist.

IF God the Holy Spirit is the Author of Genesis, and He is, then He must tell the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth because He's the Spirit of Truth. It's like finding a pearl of great price when you notice His Truth told in Genesis, long before it's announced by today's scientists. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The fact that you are unaware of any of the evidence for evolution suggests that you aren’t really in a position to argue against it.
The fact that you couldn't present any suggests that you aren't really in a position to argue for it.... My how easy it is to turn frivolous arguments around.....

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, it's two things. Their kind (Trinity) are eternal kinds made by God. (Elohim-The Trinity)
His kind (Jesus) (YHWH/Lord God) are temporary kinds subject to death. It's that simple. Knowing this opens Genesis to a better understanding. Want examples?

I don't want examples of your fan theories.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
False. The is only One Truth and God hid it in Genesis.

Yes. Of course it's hidden. That way, you have an explanation for why so many people read Genesis and yet fail to reach the same conclusion as you. Because only you are clever enough to find the hidden truth.

Not so, since God tells us that what He hid in Genesis, will NOT be understood, until the last days. Daniel 12:4 It's empirical (testable) evidence of the Literal God. NO man 3k years ago, knew the scientific and historic Truth hidden in Genesis, since it is just now being discovered by Science.

So I guess that means since you understand it, it means we are in the end times now. Oh look, the sun just exploded...

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
According to you, cattle in Genesis 1:25 are eternal kinds.

"And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind..."

Please explain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jjmcubbin

Feb 3, 2018
Delhi
✟18,935.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Private
Such as????

Homology and analogy, embryology, cytology, Hardy-weinberg, Biogeography, biochemistry, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
According to you, cattle in Genesis 1:25 are eternal kinds.

"And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind..."

Please explain.

God the Trinity sees the end from the beginning. Isa 46:10 He knew that cattle would be in Heaven, but remember that first there was the last universal common ancestor from which the cattle, which will be in Heaven, descended after BILLIONS of years. In the end, Lord God/Jesus made the common ancestor of cattle with His own Hands and God the Trinity made them Eternal.

God the Trinity, seeing this from the Day before Jesus made cattle, created them eternally so they would be a part of God's Eternal Heaven. Therefore cattle are THEIR kind even though they were fashioned by the Hands of Jesus. There's a reason for this. Can you explain?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Let’s get things straight now... first, I’m not saying that no fossil exists that you can fit into your puzzle;

So, you agree that all fossil support the model of evolution?
The right fossils, with the right features, show up in the right rocks in accordance with the predictions of evolutionary history?

I’m saying, and I believe most of the scientific world (that isn’t denying the reality of the situation that evolutionary science faces) would agree, “there’s not enough stand-alone fossil evidence, in and of itself, to hand down a verdict that absolutely confirms macro evolution.”

You're wrong about that.
Remember tiktaalik? It's just on of many many many examples.

Found by prediction.
That's slam dunk supporting evidence for macro evolution.

The only overlap of agreement we have here, is that I agree that the fossil record isn't nearly as strong and powerfull as some other lines of evidence, like the genetic record and geographic distribution of species.

The ultimate explanatory power of the evolution model however, manifests once we put all those independent lines of evidence next to eachother and see them ALL converge on the exact same answer. Evolution, evolution, evolution.

Can you present one body of evidence, supported by the scientific community, as a whole, that does?

I already did. You people aren't addressing it.

Tiktaalik. Found by prediction. A previously, completely unknown creature.
We didn't know of any such creature.

PURELY BASED on the evolutionary model, paleontologists predicted where to find it, what anatomical features it would have, the age it would have, the rock it would be found in.

All slam dunk correct.

How is that possible, if the model on which that prediction was based, was incorrect?
It makes no sense to find exactly that fossil in exactly that place, if the model is incorrect. Because without said model, there is absolutely NO REASON for that fossil to show up in that rock. In fact, worse even.... there is absolutely NO REASON why such a fossil would exist AT ALL, in ANY type of rock.

Yet, there it is. In the exact location where evolution expects it to be.

You can deny it all you want, but it won't go away nore will it stop us from bringing it up.

As you’re always saying, forget my personal belief, and let’s stay in the courtroom atmosphere momentarily.

Ok.

"if tetrapods evolved from fish in the late devonian, we should be able to find fish with tetrapod features in the middle devonian."

Titkaalik is that fish.

Where is the solid mountain of ‘fossil evidence’ that connects the dots in such a way that would be unreasonable to deny (a perversion as you say), even without bringing in religious belief?

Already gave you one easy to understand example. Tiktaalik.
There's plenty of others, many of which have been posted in these discussions - you must have seen (and ignored) them.

Yes I believe God’s Word, and up to this point physical evidence is lacking that would counter it.

See, and that's your mistake.
One does not believe things "until shown incorrect".
That the bible is literally true, is not the null hypothesis.

That’s my point; they’re not.

That's not your only point.
And you're also drawing that conclusion for all the wrong reasons, while completely ignoring all the other lines of evidence which, as I said, are much much stronger.

And the fossil evidence by itself is already pretty strong as well.

Again, I have said (and enter my belief):

That's nice, but your beliefs don't trump the evidence of reality.
When the evidence of reality points one way and your belief goes in the opposite direction - then it's your belief that is incorrect.

So where you see DNA and genetic record as verification of macro evolution, I see it as one more method used by God in His creation, which confounds man's understanding of His work, and leaves God, God... and man, man.

This is our divide I guess.

Yes, our divide is that I accept the evidence and go from there.
While you accept a bronze age religious story and happily handwave away any and all evidence that doesn't fit that belief.

As you very clearly just stated.

That effectively renders your opinion on this specific scientific subject, completely irrelevant.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Yes. You were not aware that most christians don't actually believe in a literal genesis?
You should talk to more people.

Do you have the ability to tell us which are Christians since God tells us that no one has that ability?

I don't make judgements like that.
Maybe you feel like playing the no-true-scottsman game, but I am not interested.

By aware of the forum rules though, because you are on thin ice with thoughts like that.

Tell us the details of HOW you do it or everyone will think you're just imitating Trump.

You seem a little obsessed with Trump. You keep bringing him up at completely random moments and I have no idea why.

I wouldn't know since I've never posted of "space-submarine-arks" and what not.

lol

Having a bit of amnesia, are we?

The only thing I show is that God is able to move matter between Universes within the Multiverse

yes, yes, but you've never posted about "space-submarine-arks" ha? :D

. He's been doing it for thousands of years. Here's the Apostle Paul who went to the 3rd Heaven and back safely:

2Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Would you call the Apostle Paul......a Spaceman? Probably.

I wouldn't call him anything in particular.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Do you have the ability to tell us which are Christians since God tells us that no one has that ability?

Yes. You were not aware that most christians don't actually believe in a literal genesis?
You should talk to more people.

Do you know God's definition?

I don't make judgements like that.
Maybe you feel like playing the no-true-scottsman game, but I am not interested.

By aware of the forum rules though, because you are on thin ice with thoughts like that.

It's not my thought but instead, is what God actually wrote to us. Want Scripture?

You seem a little obsessed with Trump. You keep bringing him up at completely random moments and I have no idea why.

Is it better to identify one as spewing falsehoods or as a Trumper, since big baby Trump spews more lies than a drunk fisherman? :ebil:

yes, yes, but you've never posted about "space-submarine-arks" ha? :D

No. I've stated that Adam's firmament/Heaven was more like a submarine than a space ship since God immersed it in water, with water above and below it. Genesis 1:6-8 You must have misunderstood and then posted like Trump does....with just a little bit of exaggeration included. Amen?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Do you know God's definition?

It's not my thought but instead, is what God actually wrote to us. Want Scripture?

Is it better to identify one as spewing falsehoods or as a Trumper, since big baby Trump spews more lies than a drunk fisherman? :ebil:

No. I've stated that Adam's firmament/Heaven was more like a submarine than a space ship since God immersed it in water, with water above and below it. Genesis 1:6-8 You must have misunderstood and then posted like Trump does....with just a little bit of exaggeration included. Amen?

I'm having several problems here.

First, you can't seem to stop with the preaching.
Second, you can't seem to stop lying about what people actually write.
Third, you can't seem to stop obsessing with Trump for some reason.
Fourth, you can't seem to stop lying, full stop.

All these problems have a solution.

It's called the ignore list.
You're on time out.

When the forum gets to boring, maybe I'll let you out of your cage again.

So bye, for now at least.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0