Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you know that of the roughly 10,000 ancient Biblical manuscripts found to date, no two are identical. Some consist of a scrap with just a few words.

Yea but they are very similar , they might be missing one letter in sentence.

1)JXESUS
2)XESUS
3)JEXUS
4)JESUX
5)JESXS

You compare them and get the oryginal meaning it's not hard . If we had only one or two manuscripts it would be hard to determine which is correct but if you have many and they correct each other then you can clearly see which were corrupted and which were not .

10 000 is pretty big number , for some Greek manuscripts about ancient Rome we have 20-30 copy of them and nobody argues about them being corrupted but Bible is on strike because it claims to be word of God .

Upvote 0

ChrisJ83

Jul 23, 2018
Florida
Visit site
✟16,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you know that of the roughly 10,000 ancient Biblical manuscripts found to date, no two are identical. Some consist of a scrap with just a few words.
Actually...they recently discovered troves of manuscripts used in tombs...written within years of Jesus...and they all match nearly 100% of our Bible. Of course no manuscript is going to be completely identical...word uses have changed, but they are very accurate in translation.

Upvote 0

ChrisJ83

Jul 23, 2018
Florida
Visit site
✟16,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If radiometric dating isn't reliable then you wouldn't want to live anywhere near a nuclear power plant.
If you think a dating method has anything to do with how a nuclear power plant operates...you clearly don't understand either.

• Haha
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

ChrisJ83

Jul 23, 2018
Florida
Visit site
✟16,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
A monstrous, shameless untruth - you have no idea what you are talking about. Period.

If you think there's any evidence for evolution, it's because you've been lied to. This shouldn't be a surprise...there's always been 'evidence,' but what most don't realize is that this 'evidence' has been like a revolving door...none have withstood the test of time, most have been disproven. I'm constantly talking to evolutionists who bring up evidence that has been destroyed. I've been having this discussing for decades brother....I know every single evolution argument by heart, and I can destroy every single one. All evolution ever had to stand on was assumptions and theories...neither qualifies as evidence.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Not_By_Chance
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you think a dating method has anything to do with how a nuclear power plant operates...you clearly don't understand either.

Well, I was a nuclear scientist and I can tell you that the physics of radiometric dating and the physics of nuclear reactions is inextricably linked. Only the engineering is different. All of this was a wordy way of saying "you are quite wrong".

• Winner
Upvote 0

ChrisJ83

Jul 23, 2018
Florida
Visit site
✟16,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, I was a nuclear scientist and I can tell you that the physics of radiometric dating and the physics of nuclear reactions is inextricably linked. Only the engineering is different. All of this was a wordy way of saying "you are quite wrong".
Except you failed...linking physics is not linking operations.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually...they recently discovered troves of manuscripts used in tombs...written within years of Jesus...and they all match nearly 100% of our Bible. Of course no manuscript is going to be completely identical...word uses have changed, but they are very accurate in translation.

I try to follow recent developments in Biblical archaeology but somehow this slipped by me. Can you direct me to some reliable information on this?

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The planet Earth is not a pizza.
And God is not a short-order cook.

You cannot order the Earth with the words ... "give me one part Genesis, 2 parts pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese. And give it to me in 10,000 years."

God creates life in His own way. And some of those processes take millions - or billions - of years. But that does not make the process of creation any less miraculous.

The existence of life is a Miracle.
The Book of Genesis describes the authorship and the majesty of God.

But God is not a short-order cook.

Blessings!!

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When we have people posting that "dinosaurs are simply extinct kinds of lizards," it is obvious that some of those attacking evolution don't even understand the Theory of Evolution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChrisJ83

Jul 23, 2018
Florida
Visit site
✟16,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The engineering depends completely on the physics.

You misunderstood though. I wasn't saying that dating methods by themselves were the problem...the problem is trying to date something 5000 years or older because these dating methods rely on numerous assumptions. The fact remains, there is no accurate way to date anything beyond human records or observation. Any method relying on unknown variables or assumptions is not science, its speculation.

Upvote 0

ChrisJ83

Jul 23, 2018
Florida
Visit site
✟16,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
When we have people posting that "dinosaurs are simply extinct kinds of lizards," it is obvious that some of those attacking evolution don't even understand the Theory of Evolution.

One doesn't need to understand much of anything to understand the relationship between dinosaurs and lizards...just a brain and some basic intelligence. Dinosaur literally comes from the Greek terms dienos (terrible) and sauros (lizard). So now they are categorized as reptiles...it's the same family so you're arguing semantics. So to clarify, both reptiles and lizards never stop growing.

Upvote 0

ChrisJ83

Jul 23, 2018
Florida
Visit site
✟16,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I try to follow recent developments in Biblical archaeology but somehow this slipped by me. Can you direct me to some reliable information on this?

I could give you a fish and help you eat for a day...or I could push you into learning how to fish and feed you for a lifetime. If your going to be a scientist, you need to learn how to use the greatest information portal of all time where you can have the worlds wealth of knowledge at your fingertips - Google/Internet. But just to be nice...here's a few links for your interest:
http://www.biblearchaeology.org/currentevents.aspx
http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2016...of-for-why-you-should-have-faith-in-the-bible
https://www.josh.org/8-manuscripts-validate-new-testament/
https://www.christianitytoday.com/c...anuscript-earliest-not-first-century-fcm.html
https://www.christianitytoday.com/pastors/2015/april-online-only/truth-for-new-generation.html

It looks like they pushed the dates back on that book of Mark discovery back. But there's more discoveries going on right now, just not much on them as they are still figuring it all out.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
One doesn't need to understand much of anything to understand the relationship between dinosaurs and lizards...just a brain and some basic intelligence. Dinosaur literally comes from the Greek terms dienos (terrible) and sauros (lizard). So now they are categorized as reptiles...it's the same family so you're arguing semantics. So to clarify, both reptiles and lizards never stop growing.

Did you pay attention in science class?

Yes, the name dinosaur does come from the Greek terms dienos (terrible) and sauros (lizard). They were named at a time when we knew very little about them. We now know better. While dinosaurs and lizards share a common ancestor, dinosaurs are most certainly not lizards. Long before the dinosaurs existed a group called archosaurs branched away from the other reptiles. This group evolved into dinosaurs, pterosaurs and crocodiles.

Dinosaurs eventually evolved into modern birds. A chicken is more closely related to a dinosaur than is a lizard.

This might be of interest to you: http://www.unmuseum.org/whatdino.htm

Upvote 0

ChrisJ83

Jul 23, 2018
Florida
Visit site
✟16,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Did you pay attention in science class?

Yes, the name dinosaur does come from the Greek terms dienos (terrible) and sauros (lizard). They were named at a time when we knew very little about them. We now know better. While dinosaurs and lizards share a common ancestor, dinosaurs are most certainly not lizards. Long before the dinosaurs existed a group called archosaurs branched away from the other reptiles. This group evolved into dinosaurs, pterosaurs and crocodiles.

Dinosaurs eventually evolved into modern birds. A chicken is more closely related to a dinosaur than is a lizard.

!.) Apparently you fail to realize that whether dinosaurs are lizards or not has nothing to do with anything....and completely misses the point of this thread. And I already acknowledged the use of words to the now accepted 'reptile' lingo.
2.) "Dinosaurs evolved into modern birds.' This is pure speculation lacking any evidence. If you are interested in the truth, you should know what really happened was that dinosaurs mostly went extinct during the Flood. A few were on Noah's ark, likely as little babies, and this is why history is full of stories and pictures of 'dragons' and monsters.
3.) If all you know of science is what you were taught in science class, if you went to a secular school, it's no wonder you're misinformed and/or uneducated. The so called evidence for evolution has been like a revolving door. Secular science classes are more like fantasy theory classes. Public schools are more like governmentnt sponsored day-care facilities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I could give you a fish and help you eat for a day...or I could push you into learning how to fish and feed you for a lifetime.

Thank you for the demeaning comment.

If your going to be a scientist,

I have been a scientist for longer than you have been alive, now retired.

you need to learn how to use the greatest information portal of all time where you can have the worlds wealth of knowledge at your fingertips - Google/Internet.

Gee whiz! Golly Moses! I never knew that!

But just to be nice...here's a few links for your interest:

That was nice, thank you.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟461,423.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I still can't wrap my head around christians defending evolution, if you want defend the theistic one but not the main one, after a person with doubts read about evolution what is most inclined to do, being a believer or an atheist?
And the difference between normal evolution and the theistic one is inmense.

Reactions: Not_By_Chance
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Do you know that there was not once a full skeleton of Dinosaur found ? Some are reconstructed of one bone or one tooth .

Oh okay.
1200px-Tethyshadros_insularis.JPG

-CryptoLutheran

• Haha
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Evolution thr theory that says that an amoeba converted into a fly, a cockroach, a banana, and a human. With nothing doing it, just because YES.

I think my bananas are evolving into little tiny flies. :eek: Strange because they are hard to catch whereas bananas were easy to pick. o_O

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Those still thinking about evolution need to update themselves on science because evolution is now (officially/scientifically) dead. Look up Stephen Meyer and his research on code containing blueprints in our DNA. With recent discoveries of code containing blueprints in our DNA, we now know that evolution is/was impossible. Code can mutate or degenerate, but it cannot spontaneously create, upgrade, and/or insert itself. A growing number of top former evolutionists are now saying aliens did it, which, as we Christians know, is a half truth.

But no one should have ever bought into evolution anyway...in over a century and a half, zero evidence has been found. Every original text book 'proof' has been thrown out and disproven. None have withstood the test of time. A fly mutating is not evidence for upwards evolution. A bone of an extinct creature is not evidence of upwards evolution because you cant prove that creature had kids, that it wasn't just a rare mutation...and why would you think animals back then could do something we haven't observed throughout 6000 years of recorded history...give birth to anything other than its own kind. Even evolutionists admitted that the fossil record showed a sudden explosion of life.

If you're waiting on the atheist hijacked mainstream educational or scientific communities to talk about this evolution destroying evidence, don't hold your breath. The fact that they've been firing and blacklisting anyone who disagrees with them should tell you they don't care about the truth...

They always have a quick answer, "I'm afraid it's turtles all the way down, old chap."

• Winner
Reactions: Kerensa
Upvote 0