Sussex
✟43,766.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting reading all these posts. I used to debate all the time 10 years ago, but now I (almost) never do. I generally just get a feeling of "I'm right, you're wrong." from both sides. I guess that's partly due to words on a page that can't portay feelings and emotions, so we end up guessing how the poster is coming across. Questions like 'Did you pay attention in science class?' could be said with love face to face, but on a computer screen it reads as quite angry and superior.
It's very hard to separate feelings when reading these posts. Still, it's interesting stuff.

For what it's worth I'm a YEC, but I don't mind if I'm wrong, and I don't mind if people believe God used evolution. I've read enough (for me) to believe that God created everything a long time ago (up to 10,000 years, but no more). I've read enough to believe that evolution doesn't make sense to me. But we all come to these things with outside influences and pressures, so as I say, I'm not really bothered if someone believes in evolution.

All I believe is
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

Okay, so this doesn't really add to the thread at all, but hey, it's where I am!

Upvote 0

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I still can't wrap my head around christians defending evolution, if you want defend the theistic one but not the main one, after a person with doubts read about evolution what is most inclined to do, being a believer or an atheist?
And the difference between normal evolution and the theistic one is inmense.
A Christian evolutionist is a theistic evolutionist by default. Once again, the theory of evolution merely describes how organisms change. It's no more anti-theism than the concept of gravity is.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟464,504.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Christian evolutionist is a theistic evolutionist by default. Once again, the theory of evolution merely describes how organisms change. It's no more anti-theism than the concept of gravity is.

LOL. This is what i can't wrap my head around, evolution says nature did it alone, that is not enough anti-theism? Look how atheists love evolution.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟737,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
LOL. This is what i can't wrap my head around, evolution says nature did it alone, that is not enough anti-theism? Look how atheists love evolution.

No, evolution says that populations of organisms change over time.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟464,504.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Evolution says nothing like that.

-CryptoLutheran

There was an ancestor or many i don't know, and converted into this because x, and then in this and then in this other, bla bla bla, several minutes later of documentary then you get humans thanks to evolution ???

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Idolatry isn't anti-theism either. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟737,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There was an ancestor or many i don't know, and converted into this because x, and then in this and then in this other, bla bla bla, several minutes later of documentary then you get humans thanks to evolution ???

Do you believe that sexual reproduction is a natural process? That is, how are babies made?

Science says that when a male and female copulate, a sperm cell and an egg cell fuse to produce a zygote; each of the gametes (sperm and egg) bring with it a half-set of chromosomes; so when they fuse (fertilization) a full set of chromosomes are established. This zygote is a cell that then proceeds to divide, and divide, and divide--as cell division continues some cells specialize--into different kinds of tissue, what will eventually become skin, a heart, brain, eyes, a mouth, teeth, bones, etc. As this process continues, the development results in an embryo, and then into a fetus at which point we have a pretty recognizable baby. After all of this, about nine months of gestation, if there aren't any serious complications, the mother will go into labor and a baby gets born.

Do you disagree with how babies are made? Notice that at no point in describing this process did I invoke God to say "God did this" or "God did that"--I described a completely natural process. Is this wrong?

Further, just because I never had to say "God did this" or "God did that" does that mean God wasn't involved? Of course not:

"For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother’s womb." - Psalm 139:13

So was it a natural process, or was God involved?

The Christian response ought to be yes, because it is both.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh okay.View attachment 235481

-CryptoLutheran

All displays have fake bones because the "true" ones are not in museums for public .

They are made by melting chicken bones , goat , pig ect in China and bought to assemble displays .

There is not single documented full skeleton found of dinosaur , all are reconstructions .

Upvote 0

Not_By_Chance

Site Supporter
May 25, 2015
✟62,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not popular? It is accepted by the Catholic Church and by most mainline Protestant denominations.
Truth isn't decided by a majority vote. It could equally mean that the masses have allowed themselves to be deceived just to avoid conflict with those who ought to know better. Didn't scripture predict that the wise would become as fools or words to that effect? Perhaps we are seeing that prophecy unfold before our very eyes.

• Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Truth isn't decided by a majority vote. It could equally mean that the masses have allowed themselves to be deceived just to avoid conflict with those who ought to know better. Didn't scripture predict that the wise would become as fools or words to that effect? Perhaps we are seeing that prophecy unfold before our very eyes.

Religion aside, look at the screwy world we have created for ourselves. :eek:

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
!.) Apparently you fail to realize that whether dinosaurs are lizards or not has nothing to do with anything....and completely misses the point of this thread. And I already acknowledged the use of words to the now accepted 'reptile' lingo.

The statement to which I was responding was that "dinosaurs are simply extinct kinds of lizards." You are correct, it is not the point of the thread. I was simply responding to a false statement because dinosaurs are not simply extinct kinds of lizards.

2.) "Dinosaurs evolved into modern birds.' This is pure speculation lacking any evidence.

Actually there is an ever-increasing amount of evidence supporting this theory. The Natural History Museum of LA County notes that "we can safely declare that birds evolved from a group of dinosaurs known as maniraptoran theropods." You can read the full article here: https://nhm.org/site/research-colle...tute/dinosaurs/birds-late-evolution-dinosaurs.

If you are interested in the truth, you should know what really happened was that dinosaurs mostly went extinct during the Flood. A few were on Noah's ark, likely as little babies, and this is why history is full of stories and pictures of 'dragons' and monsters.

Now I'm the one who is going to ask for evidence. Proof of this please? I see nothing supporting this is Scripture.

3.) If all you know of science is what you were taught in science class, if you went to a secular school, it's no wonder you're misinformed and/or uneducated. The so called evidence for evolution has been like a revolving door. Secular science classes are more like fantasy theory classes. Public schools are more like governmentnt sponsored day-care facilities.

How many scholarly treatises or articles on evolution have you studied? Since you are saying that "secular science classes are more like fantasy theory classes," I suspect that I'm not the one here who is "misinformed."

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Don't think I ever said that truth is decided by majority vote. The post to which I replying said "I guess this is why theistic evolution is not so popular." Actually theistic evolution is accepted by the Roman Catholic Church and most mainline Protestant denominations, so yes, it is popular.

Deceived? I think not.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Ok. But wait, evolution says there is no need for God to convert one animal to another! no designer for life. Humans are not the product of God, but are the product of billions of years of a process. And we have no soul and spirit too! we are a brain! not that things change overtime only. That part is accepted by everyone.

Even with Evolution you need God as the catalyst.

Life needs Evolution to survive. Species depend on it to survive.

Modern Humans have Neanderthal DNA in there DNA which means modern humans bred with Neanderthals. So actually god did not create modern humans, we came about by inter species breeding.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married

I am not so sure it does.

Evolution is a process that allows life to adapt and survive. Humans will have to slightly evolve in the future to deal with climate change or will we not survive as a species.

Upvote 0