Evolution?

Not_By_Chance

Site Supporter
May 25, 2015
✟62,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I suggest re-evaluating what we can observe from nature to give clues to how we got here. Q. Is it more reasonable to assume that the universe exploded from nothing or that a force (God) outside of time created it by His awesome power? Q. Is it reasonable to assume that life got started from non-living chemicals or that God spoke it into existence? Q. Is it reasonable to conclude that one entirely different life form could evolve into another or that God created specific kinds that could change within limits (micro evolution) to adapt to the environment but could not change into entirely different creatures (macro evolution), no matter how much time had elapsed? Q. Given that evolution requires the survival of the fittest and would be an inherently cruel and wasteful process (if it did in fact exist), would you want to worship a god who used such a process to create higher life forms such as man? Q. When would sin have entered the world in an evolutionary process? One other thought - it has been adequately demonstrated that the mathematical probability against life starting on its own is so absurdly small as to be well beyond impossible (it might as well be minus infinity) so the theory has no credibility whatsover except for anyone wishing to remain in denial. I gave up on tooth fairy notions when I left my childhood behind.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟464,504.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is unfalsifiable. No matter what we observe in the divsersity, complexity, or history of life, an omnipotent, omniscient being could certainly have made it come about. Since there is not a single piece of evidence that could ever falsify the idea of an intelligent and creative force, it is not within the realm of science.

If unfalsifiable by science maybe or maybe not. But is proved to oursevles in our interior, making God real for that person who He manifested to.

Upvote 0

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But if evolution made man and not God, where it got the soul then? it does not make sense.

Why does evolution put a limit on on the power of God? Evolution simply describes the ways that organisms change. It doesn't remove God from the picture in any way.

You've created a false dichotomy in your mind that if evolution is true, then God is not true. Why can God not create man through the means of evolution? If God creates man by evolution, how does that stop Him from giving us a soul?

Even Christian scientists do not reject the legitimacy of evolution. As a child, I was raised with the knowledge of evolution, and merely saw it as one of the ways God made creation.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟464,504.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why does evolution put a limit on on the power of God? Evolution simply describes the ways that organisms change. It doesn't remove God from the picture in any way.

You've created a false dichotomy in your mind that if evolution is true, then God is not true. Why can God not create man through the means of evolution? If God creates man by evolution, how does that stop Him from giving us a soul?

Even Christian scientists do not reject the legitimacy of evolution. As a child, I was raised with the knowledge of evolution, and merely saw it as one of the ways God made creation.

Generally, people who believes in evolution, easily discard God as creator of life. That is bad. I say evolution teaches that God is not needed, not that says he doesn't exists. If evolution was the way God created things, it would be design by God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Generally, people who believes in evolution, easily discard God as creator of life. That is bad. I say evolution teaches that God is not needed, not that says he doesn't exists.
Well, this Christian believes that evolution occurred. I also believe that God was and is the creator of life.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟464,504.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, this Christian believes that evolution occurred. I also believe that God was and is the creator of life.

If you believe God did not intervene and was evolution only then God was not the creator of man, if He did intervene evolution is false and design is true even in evolutionary manner.
But then you have the problem, how sin entered the creation?, when God put man his soul and spirit? etc.

Almost makes the gospel a lie. I guess this is why theistic evolution is not so popular.

• Agree
Reactions: Not_By_Chance
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Almost makes the gospel a lie. I guess this is why theistic evolution is not so popular.

Not popular? It is accepted by the Catholic Church and by most mainline Protestant denominations.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
But evolution can easily be interpreted as such, no needing for God. Christian scientist believe that God intervene in this process?, then it is not evolution as taught in schools.
What is "intervene"?

Further, personal religious beliefs are not appropriate for teaching as part of a science curriculum.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟464,504.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is "intervene"?

Further, personal religious beliefs are not appropriate for teaching as part of a science curriculum.

Intervene:
Come between so as to prevent or alter a result or course of events.
My grammar is not perfect, english is not my main language.

But is ok to teach that God is not needed at all eh.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The theory of evolution is not - in any way - dead. You cite the opinion of one person, while ignoring the work of a whole generation of active scientists. If Evolution was truly "disproven", you would see major debates in the leading journals. Not happening.

DNA is not computer code. You dont get a new download from Microsoft. DNA mutates, and those active changes are the basis for the long (and usually slow) changes in organisms. The human mind cannot grasp time ... especially 4 billion years of time ... changes on those time scales are difficult for us to comprehend.

It is possible that DNA originated in some other part of the Universe. Quite possible. But how? We wont know for thousands of years.

None of the things I have said are any contradiction to the Bible. They are only a contradiction to a small number of people who insist in interpreting Genesis with a literal and unyielding viewpoint. Theistic Evolution is no contradiction to the Bible at all.

Blessings!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Intervene:
Come between so as to prevent or alter a result or course of events.
My grammar is not perfect, english is not my main language.

But is ok to teach that God is not needed at all eh.
I believe that God maintains every aspect of creation at all times.

But my belief cannot be "proven" and should not be taugh as science.

God is "behind" the phenomena that we describe using the notion of gravity. But there is no need to invoke divine intervention to study the phenomena in question.

I didn't mean to insult your English. I only wanted to know what you meant by "intervene" here.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟464,504.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that God maintains every aspect of creation at all times.

But my belief cannot be "proven" and should not be taugh as science.

God is "behind" the phenomena that we describe using the notion of gravity. But there is no need to invoke divine intervention to study the phenomena in question.

I didn't mean to insult your English. I only wanted to know what you meant by "intervene" here.

Ok. Only that i find theistic evolution weird, and theistic evolution is not evolution as we know, it is something else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChrisJ83

Jul 23, 2018
Florida
Visit site
✟16,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Evolution was a theory pushed by those who rejected God. At the very top, it was a lie used to hijack the education and scientific communities and push God out of both. This is why most of the former textbook 'evidence' was later realized to be straight up lies or hoaxes. This is why whole unscientific theories were also developed and pushed as fact, to support the theory evolution was based on, an old earth theory. This is why many were fired and blacklisted for even mentioning intelligent design. You better believe the Father of lies was behind this atheistic movement. But it's done now, it's been destroyed. Time to move on folks. And to whoever mentioned 'millions of years old.' that's not science, it's pure speculation. Dating methods estimating ages of anything beyond human records or observation is pure speculation. All these dating methods talking about this or that being millions of years old literally rely on dozens of assumptions based around assumptions. It's NOT science.

• Agree
Reactions: Not_By_Chance
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟464,504.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Evolution was a theory pushed by those who rejected God. At the very top, it was a lie used to hijack the education and scientific communities and push God out of both. This is why most of the former textbook 'evidence' was later realized to be straight up lies or hoaxes. This is why whole unscientific theories were also developed and pushed as fact, to support the theory evolution was based on, an old earth theory. This is why many were fired and blacklisted for even mentioning intelligent design. You better believe the Father of lies was behind this atheistic movement. But it's done now, it's been destroyed. Time to move on folks. And to whoever mentioned 'millions of years old.' that's not science, it's pure speculation. No dating method beyond human records or observation is pure speculation. All these dating methods talking about this or that being millions of years old literally rely on dozens of assumptions based around assumptions. It's NOT science.

I trust science on the age of the earth because, either is old, or God made it so it looks old to cheat us. For example: light of distant stars would not reach us if earth was only 6000 years old. On evolution however, it discards God as the creator of man, natural selction and mutation is enough to make all life, theistic evolution is something else, with the guidance of God, would that not be design actually?

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟300,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Generally, people who believes in evolution, easily discard God as creator of life. That is bad. I say evolution teaches that God is not needed, not that says he doesn't exists. If evolution was the way God created things, it would be design by God.

I also support the theory, while also recognizing God as our creator.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

This is exactly what Christian evolutionists believe. Evolution does not at all teach that God is unneeded. Again, the theory of evolution simply describes how species change over time.

Also, just because people generally believe that God does or does not exist does not make that true or untrue, or just because people generally do or don't believe in evolution does not make it true or untrue. It's true if it's true. God is certainly true, that is something that we all agree with in this thread. But evolution is also demonstrably true. God and evolution are not conflicting, and if the only reason you think they are is because some other people believe that, then you need a better reason to believe that God and evolution are in conflict, because someone else's belief regarding the matter is not evidence of its validity.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟464,504.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also support the theory, while also recognizing God as our creator.

That is not evolution as known by everyone, that is evolution with the guidance of God making it more design than natural selection /mutation making every life?

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟464,504.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is exactly what Christian evolutionists believe. Evolution does not at all teach that God is unneeded. Again, the theory of evolution simply describes how species change over time.

Also, just because people generally believe that God does or does not exist does not make that true or untrue, or just because people generally do or don't believe in evolution does not make it true or untrue. It's true if it's true. God is certainly true, that is something that we all agree with in this thread. But evolution is also demonstrably true. God and evolution are not conflicting, and if the only reason you think they are is because some other people believe that, then you need a better reason to believe that God and evolution are in conflict, because someone else's belief regarding the matter is not evidence of its validity.

But -.- that is not what we are taught, they say mutation / natural selection is enough to make all life. So there is a conflict.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Evolution was a theory pushed by those who rejected God. At the very top, it was a lie used to hijack the education and scientific communities and push God out of both. This is why most of the former textbook 'evidence' was later realized to be straight up lies or hoaxes. This is why whole unscientific theories were also developed and pushed as fact, to support the theory evolution was based on, an old earth theory. This is why many were fired and blacklisted for even mentioning intelligent design. You better believe the Father of lies was behind this atheistic movement. But it's done now, it's been destroyed. Time to move on folks. And to whoever mentioned 'millions of years old.' that's not science, it's pure speculation. Dating methods estimating ages of anything beyond human records or observation is pure speculation. All these dating methods talking about this or that being millions of years old literally rely on dozens of assumptions based around assumptions. It's NOT science.

You have a wonderful inventive mind. Have you considered a career in writing novels or possibly as a speech writer for Donald Trump?

• Winner
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ok. Only that i find theistic evolution weird, and theistic evolution is not evolution as we know, it is something else.
To my knowledge, theistic evolution doesn't need to be taught - as such - any more than theistic gravitation. Just teach the science and let people believe what they believe.

Upvote 0