• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Evolution is a part of a "strong delusion" in the end times?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by CodyFaith, Oct 20, 2016.

1. AV1611VET

AV1611VET SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE Supporter

+41,046
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You mean if you were a new Christian? or if you were a Christian who knew his doctrine?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2016
  2. TagliatelliMonster

TagliatelliMonster Well-Known Member

+3,288
    Atheist
    Private
    There is nothing "emotional" about the fact that sience provides knowledge which is used to solve and tackle every single one of the problems that you mentioned.

Prayer didn't turn infant mortality into an all-time low. Prayer didn't tripple life expectancy.

Science did.

3. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+13,819
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I find it terrific that John is such an expert of philosophy "at only 24 years" that he can beat anyone at any discussion with 100% certainty.

Hang on to that, John. Most people lose this kind of ability with age and experience.

4. Loudmouth

Loudmouth Contributor

+5,944
    Agnostic
    I can't think of a better recruiting tool for atheism than your posts.

5. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+20,071
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Why evolution and not heliocentrism or special relativity or germ theory? Perhaps heliocentrism is the strong delusion and in order to be part of the sheep we need to believe in a flat earth--because evidence doesn't matter (it's a strong delusion after all) so only the righteous sheep who deny the evidence of a round earth and insist on the literalistic biblical view of a flat earth will be saved in the end times.

Does that sound silly? It's because it is.

-CryptoLutheran

6. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+20,071
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Or maybe even a super-duper-uber-scientist extraordinaire. Part Einstein and part grizzly bear, he'll have a herd of mega-unicorns and terror-dactyls. And he'll have a space fortress on the moon from which he'll bench press telescopes as he hypothesizes really, really, really hard.

-CryptoLutheran

7. Mobezom

Mobezom Active Member

+62
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    [​IMG]

Biology < Physics in terms of peopleSaved - peopleKilled.

I wonder where religion would fit in? Certainly, if there is no afterlife, the Crusades and Inquisition alone would place religion far below Physics.

8. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,613
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Science: Easy but ineffective solutions to societal/social problems.

Religion: Difficult but effective solutions to societal/social problems.

9. Mobezom

Mobezom Active Member

+62
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Isn't that nice. It's a shame it's not true.

Science is difficult! Religion is easy - just do whatever someone tells you to, believe whatever someone tells you to believe. Science requires thought - religion works best without it. Science builds on itself - religion is static. Science can fix itself. Religion cannot.

Also, it's clear that you've never done or seen or viewed or learned about any science. Ever hear about protein folding? Pshaw, "easy," my foot.

10. mzungu

mzungu INVICTUS

+183
    Atheist
    Married
    You obviously have never suffered a tooth ache.

11. dickyh995

dickyh995 Newbie

+70
    Atheist
    Single
    I would argue that many of the great social strides in the 20th-21st Centuries are a result of scientific understanding. Science tells us that race is biologically meaningless, science tells us that there is homosexuality in nature. Social progress is certainly informed by scientific discovery which to me is clearly meaningful use. Can you enlighten me as to what positive impact religion or the bible have had on society since the enlightment? I can't think of anything in my lifetime.

12. AV1611VET

+41,046
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You mean like the Salvation Army, Alcoholics Victorious, Narcotics Victorious, homeless shelters, soup kitchens, hospitals, famine relief and other operations done in the name of Jesus Christ?

13. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+16,647
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Don't buy it. Much of that kind of thing is done by "Christians in name only."

14. AV1611VET

+41,046
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Except for the Crusades and other Christian raiding operations ... right? ;)

15. Speedwell

+16,647
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Hard to tell. Your "real" Christianity hadn't been invented yet.

16. AV1611VET

+41,046
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Solid aurum, folks.

17. Mobezom

Mobezom Active Member

+62
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    That's not enough. You need to show that being a Christian results in more altruism. Perhaps altruistic people are more likely to convert to Christianity, for instance.

Besides, I could list seven atheist/agnostic/nonreligious altruistic operations too.

18. AV1611VET

+41,046
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    It's good enough for me.

The accusation that they are 'Christian in name only' doesn't cut it.

19. Speedwell

+16,647
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Even your first example "cuts it." Booth was a Methodist.

20. AV1611VET

+41,046
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    So?

God can (and has) used the unsaved to do His will.