Evolution is a part of a "strong delusion" in the end times?

CodyFaith

Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,564.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

What is a more powerful delusion in these days than the theory of evolution, the age of the earth, and all things that stemmed forth from these theories to create the current secular ways of thinking?

Scripture says in the end times there will be a strong delusion sent by God purposely so that unbelievers and unrighteous people will believe a lie.

Now I don't believe evolution and such are all that will be put forth. There will be more to come that will be added to those theories. I also don't believe it's saying that all who believe in the current theories put forth are damned - no, I see it as saying that the final theory will be put forth will be a "believe or don't" type of thing, aligning with most likely the mark of the beast and things of that nature.

I don't see how evolution and age of the earth and other like-minded theories cannot be a part of it really. They're too powerful, too well-known, too believed.

It seems as though there will be final separation. Those who believe the lie, the goats, and those who believe the truth, the sheep. And it appears evolution is a big factor in this separation.

Thoughts?

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

What is a more powerful delusion in these days than the theory of evolution, the age of the earth, and all things that stemmed forth from these theories to create the current secular ways of thinking?

Scripture says in the end times there will be a strong delusion sent by God purposely so that unbelievers and unrighteous people will believe a lie.

Now I don't believe evolution and such are all that will be put forth. There will be more to come that will be added to those theories. I also don't believe it's saying that all who believe in the current theories put forth are damned - no, I see it as saying that the final theory will be put forth will be a "believe or don't" type of thing, aligning with most likely the mark of the beast and things of that nature.

I don't see how evolution and age of the earth and other like-minded theories cannot be a part of it really. They're too powerful, too well-known, too believed.

It seems as though there will be final separation. Those who believe the lie, the goats, and those who believe the truth, the sheep. And it appears evolution is a big factor in this separation.

Thoughts?

I don't think so. The "strong delusion" the apostle is speaking of is in relation to the "parousia/coming" of "that wicked one (who sits in the temple of God, claiming to be God)" with "all power"; which event causes a great "falling away" of, worldly Christianity (think: Laodecian church: Revelation 3:17-18) during the "hour of testing": Revelation 3:10

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟346,888.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Every generation of every century has had people who thought that they were living in the End Times. And guess what? We're still here!

So no. I do not think that evolution is part of a 'strong delusion in the End Times'. I think it's a load of codswallop to say that it is.

Upvote 0

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟230,965.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed

Young earth creationism.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,564.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't think so. The "strong delusion" the apostle is speaking of is in relation to the "parousia/coming" of "that wicked one (who sits in the temple of God, claiming to be God)" with "all power"; which event causes a great "falling away" of, worldly Christianity (think: Laodecian church: Revelation 3:17-18) during the "hour of testing": Revelation 3:10
Right, and I touched on that in the post, the coming of the beast and the delusion associated around him. It wouldn't be a far-cry to believe that evolution plays a part in that final delusion imo. Just look at the power it has.

Young earth creationism.
You're only furthering my post's hypothesis. Separation. One vs. the other.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Honestly, with all due respect to everyone, I believe that "scientific investigation" is synonymous to "irrelvant investigation"; an enterprise which conjectures information that has no fundamental, substantial or meaningful use. Likewise, that "scientific creation investigation" is a bankrupt attempt to "compete" with science by using the bible as a means of "scientific investigation" which is, again, synonymous to "irrelevant investigation" which conjectures information that has no fundamental, substantial or meaningful use.

But, scientists aren't using the bible, so I don't object to their useless investigatings (except to say that the effort could be used elsewhere to a more meaningful end); but the people who use the bible as a foundation for irrelevant investigations, are causing much of the bible to be understood as, irrelevant "facts of science"

So, I see using the bible in such an irrelevant way as being, the "worse" of the two since it can cause people to lose sight of the true goal of the book. Which goal is not "scientific inquiry of nature", and can be seen as the cause of loss of faith in some who cannot resolve the apparent conflict between the "science of men" and the alleged "science of the bible" as taught by some men.

As to the "strong delusion", no, I don't believe that cosmogenies of any kind will be relevant next to a parousia of "all power": the "all power" will be the foundation of the "strong delusion". It also seems much more to me as indicating a very strong "religious" bent on this chapter, and not "scientific"

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, with all due respect to everyone, I believe that "scientific investigation" is synonymous to "irrelvant investigation";
The scientific method is the only way humans have ever learned anything about our natural world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The scientific method is the only way humans have ever learned anything about our natural world.

I would slightly disagree, we learn more about our natural world by self-experience. However, what I mean is that, no information (or, more correctly 'tentative' information) gained by scientific inquiry has provided anything of substantial meaning or relevance to humankind. Which is to say, for example, the tentative theory of a big bang provides information which is substantially irrelevant. In other words, in light of this tentative information, people are still divided, wars are still on going, women are still being abused, children are still going hungry, bills are still needing to be paid, lives are still emotionally difficult.

So to the tentative proclamation that "This is how we theorize things came to be the way they naturally are" the collective of humanity is subconsciously replying, "Who cares?"

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Perhaps much more devastating
as written in YHWH'S WORD
is the delusion
of people who are seemingly faithful church goers,
who don't find out until JUDGMENT DAY ,
that they are rejected because of what they do (or don't do) TODAY.

The abomination of evilution is believed by a lot of unbelievers who
aren't saved anyway, and know it and don't care.

The delusion of so many multitude(s) IN CHURCHES
as related in REVELATION by JESUS
is ... ... much more painful in terms of souls lost who actually thought they were saved vs those who knew they weren't saved.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would slightly disagree, we learn more about our natural world by self-experience. However, what I mean is that, no information (or, more correctly 'tentative' information) gained by scientific inquiry has provided anything of substantial meaning or relevance to humankind. Which is to say, for example, the tentative theory of a big bang provides information which is substantially irrelevant. In other words, in light of this tentative information, people are still divided, wars are still on going, women are still being abused, children are still going hungry, bills are still needing to be paid, lives are still emotionally difficult.

So to the tentative proclamation that "This is how we theorize things came to be the way they naturally are" the collective of humanity is subconsciously replying, "Who cares?"
And science can answer everyone of those questions.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And science can answer everyone of those questions.

Respectfully, this post has as much relevance or substantial meaning as the theist who claims "One day, you'll see..."; your claim has made no substantial or significant effect on reality; thus "irrelevant, insubstantial, and meaningless"

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Respectfully, this post has as much relevance or substantial meaning as the theist who claims "One day, you'll see..."; your claim has made no substantial or significant effect on reality; thus "irrelevant, insubstantial, and meaningless"
Maybe you missed my intent; pick any one of the problems you mentioned, and I'll show you how science has/is providing solutions for them.

Savvy?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Deceptive power - delusion - pretend.

Remember that all the saved look upon the deceiver later
and laugh saying "that is what fooled the whole world!?!?"
These comments make even less sense than your last post.

Upvote 0