Evolution is a part of a "strong delusion" in the end times?

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So He can, but you were talking specifically about Christians.
Here's the conversation again.

Deal with it as best as you can.

If my examples aren't good enough, c'est la vie.
Can you enlighten me as to what positive impact religion or the bible have had on society since the enlightment? I can't think of anything in my lifetime.
You mean like the Salvation Army, Alcoholics Victorious, Narcotics Victorious, homeless shelters, soup kitchens, hospitals, famine relief and other operations done in the name of Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

Mobezom

Oct 30, 2016
Menomonie, Wisconsin
✟17,180.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's good enough for me.

The accusation that they are 'Christian in name only' doesn't cut it.

Huh, that's funny. It's like you didn't even read my post. Speedwell said that, and so you're assuming that I must be saying it too. Try using your eyes every once in a while.

You have listed examples of Christians being altruistic, and drawing the conclusion that Christianity results in altruism. This is a correlation/causation fallacy. Additionally, you have not shown that there are more Christian charities than nonreligious charities.

Furthermore, there are other factors - suppose that I am right, and that Christianity does not result in a significant increase in altruism. Let us also suppose that there are more Christian charities than nonreligious charities. How might we explain the greater number of Christian charities? Well, perhaps it is because Christian altruistic people are more likely to attribute their altruism to God!

Upvote 0

Mobezom

Oct 30, 2016
Menomonie, Wisconsin
✟17,180.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So?

God can (and has) used the unsaved to do His will.

AV, we're talking about the Bible having a positive effect on humanity. Can you show that the "unsaved" are more altruistic because of the Bible?

Upvote 0