Eschatological and Millennial Theories and their problems.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

You take this part literal then? I have heard of fire breathing dragons, though I doubt they actually ever existed, but can't say I have heard of fire breathing men though. Maybe it's just me, but somehow I just can't picture these things playing out as written in our day and time. I'm not saying these prophecies don't involve our day and time, but fire breathing men showing up one day---I don't know---sounds a bit farfetched if that is literally meaning what it says.

In Revelation 1:20 Christ says the candlesticks are a symbol of the churches.

In Romans 11 Paul uses the Olive Tree as a symbol of the Church made up of two different types of Olive Trees grafted together.

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

2 + 2 = 1 Church

The two witnesses are a symbol of the New Covenant Church of Jesus Christ.
We are to be His witnesses, until He returns.

When we preach the Gospel we are warning those we love that they face the fire of God, if they do not repent and accept Christ.

Those who harm us and remain the enemies of Christ, will burn.

Revelation 11:5

(CJB) If anyone tries to do them harm, fire comes out of their mouth and consumes their enemies -- yes, if anyone tries to harm them, that is how he must die.

(ESV) And if anyone would harm them, fire pours from their mouth and consumes their foes. If anyone would harm them, this is how he is doomed to be killed.

(Geneva) And if any man wil hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouthes, and deuoureth their enemies: for if any man would hurt the, thus must he be killed.

(Greek NT TR) και ει τις αυτους θελη αδικησαι πυρ εκπορευεται εκ του στοματος αυτων και κατεσθιει τους εχθρους αυτων και ει τις αυτους θελη αδικησαι ουτως δει αυτον αποκτανθηναι

(GW) If anyone wants to hurt them, fire comes out of the witnesses' mouths and burns up their enemies. If anyone wants to hurt them, he must be killed the same way.

(LITV-TSP) And if anyone desires to harm them, fire comes out of their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone desires to harm them, so it is right for him to be killed.

(KJV) And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

(KJV+) AndG2532 if any manG1536 willG2309 hurtG91 them,G846 fireG4442 proceedethG1607 out ofG1537 theirG848 mouth,G4750 andG2532 devourethG2719 theirG848 enemies:G2190 andG2532 if any manG1536 willG2309 hurtG91 them,G846 heG846 mustG1163 in this mannerG3779 be killed.G615

(NKJV) And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner.

(YLT) and if any one may will to injure them, fire doth proceed out of their mouth, and doth devour their enemies, and if any one may will to injure them, thus it behoveth him to be killed.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

You take this part literal then? I have heard of fire breathing dragons, though I doubt they actually ever existed, but can't say I have heard of fire breathing men though. Maybe it's just me, but somehow I just can't picture these things playing out as written in our day and time. I'm not saying these prophecies don't involve our day and time, but fire breathing men showing up one day---I don't know---sounds a bit farfetched if that is literally meaning what it says.
That may mean that the fire of God will come out of their mouth to kill those who will try to hurt them....By the way the Bible tell us that only the Beast that cometh out of the Bottomless Pit [Angel Abaddon Revelation 9:11]will have the power to kill them
Revelation 11:7
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that cometh up out of the abyss shall make war with them, and overcome them, and kill them.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess you will perhaps need to enlighten me since I'm failing to see how by being a Preterist there are no contradictions in any of these things we have been discussing.

This is a difficult task to explain simply, but I will start with this:

The New Jerusalem is the Bride of Christ just like the body of Christ
Revelation 21:9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb
Ephesians 5:31-32 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church.
The New Jerusalem is built on the foundations of the apostles just the like the body of Christ
Revelation 21:14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
Ephesians 2:20 on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
The New Jerusalem is where God dwells with his people just the like the body of Christ
Revelation 21:3 I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them.
Ephesians 2:22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
There is no more sea in the new heavens and earth.
Revelation 21:1 for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea
Ephesians 2:19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household
Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Heaven is God's throne and earth is his footstool. The New Jerusalem is where God dwells with the body of Christ, whether we are on earth (his footstool) or heaven (his throne).

Ezekiel 43:7 he said: “Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet. This is where I will live among the Israelites forever
Acts 7:49 ‘Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house will you build for me?
It is a city without walls
Zechariah 2:4 said to him, “Run and tell that young man: ‘Jerusalem will be a city without walls because of the multitude of men and livestock within it

Prior to the cross, man was separate from God, both on earth and in heaven. When Christ came, God thereafter dwelled with man, as Christ in the flesh with the 12, and then as the holy spirit with Church after pentacost. The destruction of the temple symbolized the old covenant had officially ended and that the way to heaven was now available for all those who believe. Just as the Israelites received the old covenant through moses and wandered through the desert for 40 years prior to promiseland, Jesus (greater than moses) instituted the new covenant followed by 40 of years of preaching the gospel to the world prior to the temples destruction and the way to heaven (the true promise land) being revealed.

the Holy Spirit this evidencing that not yet hath been manifested the way of the holy [places], the first tabernacle having yet a standing;
Hebrews 9:8 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=Hebrews 9:8&version=YLT

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have no clue where you are coming up with alleged precise timing of things, such as---3 years 3 months into the 7 years? Why 3 years 3 months? Why not 3 years 2 months? Or 3 years 6 months? So on and so on.
David, there are many exact days on the 7 years timeline that we can determine because we have enough information given.

For example, starting with, day 1 is the day the Antichrist confirms the Mt. Sinai covenant by making a big speech from the temple mount that God gave the children of Israel the land of Israel as theirs forever.

Another is the day that the Abomination of Desolation of the beast is step up in the temple to be worshiped. From Daniel 12:11 which Jesus referred to Daniel the prophet - blessed is he who remains (faithful) to the 1335th day.

So, by subtracting 1335 days from the day that Jesus returns, to complete the 7 years, we subtract from day 2520 - 1335 days to get on day 1185, the Abomination of Desolation is step-up in the temple.

So on the 7 year timeline, this is what we have so far...

day 1..............day 1185 (Aod setup)........(1335 day interval)................day 2520 Jesus returns.

That is the basic from which we can get the approximate day on the timeline, the Day of the Lord begins. Now I will explain.

The Aod will be the image (it will be a statue) made of the person after he has become the beast in Revelation 13. Before the person becomes the beast, he must be killed and brought back to life. Because it says the image is of the beast that was
killed but lived in Revelation 13:14.

So we are working back on our timeline to before day 1185. The person has to be killed and brought back to life, before then and the image made.

Day 1185 is 3years, 3 months, 15 days into the 7 years. (1080+90+15)

Next, in our working back approach, we have to take an educated guess of how long the person is dead before coming back to life. We have information from Isaiah 14:19-20 of how long the person is dead.

Although his soul is in hell in Isaiah 14, mocked there, it says in Isaiah 14:20, that his body will not be buried - and his soul is cast out of the gave. God casts his soul out of hell and brings his body back to life, in disdain for the person.

19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

Now we have to do so more research to get a clear view of what is going to happen. In Revelation 17:8b we are given some critical information, "..... and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

So, since his body will not be buried, and the world witnesses his being killed and come back to life - we can reasonable conclude that he will be killed, the event caught on TV, and there being a globally televised viewing of the body of the funeral, and him suddenly coming back to life before the cameras that all the world will see it happen.

So that is only a few days that he is dead, maybe a week.

So, who kills him and why? We get that from Ezekiel 28:1-10. God kills him, for claiming to be God. God does so by having strangers coming into the land.

9 Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no God, in the hand of him that slayeth thee.

10 Thou shalt die the deaths of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.

So, what is the act that he claims to be God? It is in 2Thessalonians2:4, when he goes into the temple, sits (showing to the entire world) his claim of being God. In the midst of the seas is another way of showing the peoples of the world.

This is re-iterated in Ezekiel 28, ....thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

So what we have is....

Day 1185 (3years, 3 months, 15 days into the 7 years) the AoD image of the beast setup.

preceded by the person coming back to life.
preceded by the person being killed.
preceded by strangers coming into the land to kill him.
preceded by the person's claim to being God.

2Thessalonians2:4 is one of the things that Paul said must happen before the Day of the Lord begins (Paul uses the term before the Day of Christ in that chapter, but Day of the Lord in 1Thessalonians5. Christ is Lord, so it is the same thing).

So, for the things above to take place - I am, by educated guess - thinking a couple of weeks. Which would be 3 years 3 months into the 7 years, 15 days before the AoD is setup to be worshiped on day 1185 (3years, 3months, 15 days into the 7 years).

Well, it could be less that 3 years 3 months into the 7 years, granted, because I am making an educated guess of how long the "preceded by" events I listed take place, grouped together. I could be, and probably am, off slightly. The key is that everything has to take place before day 1185 on the timeline when the AoD is setup to be worshiped - that is firmly fixed.

David, if you want say something different for how it takes for those "preceded by" events to take place... than the two weeks I have guestimated, to something else, maybe 6 weeks, or a couple of months... I don't have any big reason to argue with it.

Quick review...following Gog/Magog, the Jews think the person is the messiah, and he is anointed the King of Israel. The world thinks it has entered the messiah age. 3 years 3 months later, thereabouts, he shatters that illusion.

He goes into the temple, sits, claims to be God - triggering the Day of the Lord; God angered by the audacious act, has strangers come into the land to kill him - seen on TV; then there is a big worldwide televised viewing of his funeral - the person suddenly raises up from the open casket, back to life; the world is in shock.

The person builds on that, his claim of being God. And the false prophet has the world make an image of him, and has it placed in the temple - triggering the great tribulation.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Riberra
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a difficult task to explain simply, but I will start with this:

The New Jerusalem is the Bride of Christ just like the body of Christ
Revelation 21:9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb
What it is said in Revelation 21 and Revelation 22, is that you will have to wait until New Jerusalem The City Of God Come Down on The New Earth after the GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT [Revelation 20:11-15],thus AFTER THE 1,000 years reign of Jesus ON THE EARTH with The Resurrected Saints Martyrs [Revelation 20:4-6] ...If your name is found written in the Book of Life AT The Great White Throne Judgment you will get a immortal incorruptible Physical Body and you be allowed to Enter New Jerusalem on The New Earth.

Make no mistake nobody will receive their rewards before going to death and be Resurrected to be Judged at the Great White Throne Judgment [Revelation 20:11-15]except for the Saints Martyrs of[ Revelation 20:4-6] who will be resurrected to reign with Jesus during 1,000 years ...before the Great White Throne Judgment...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
David, I might also add...

The beginning of the Day of the Lord years... it is like a thief, an exact day on the 7 year timeline cannot be pre-known by anyone, but God.

The person going into the temple, sitting, claiming to be be God - triggers the Day of Lord, it's beginning years.

Differenlty, but related to the person, the image of the person placed in the temple - triggers the Great tribulation, on day 1185 of the 7 year time line.

The two are closely related, but not exactly the same thing.

The Day of the Lord, the early years include the 1335 days of the great tribulation. The Day of the Lord, after Jesus returns, is the 1000 years millennium, the messianic age.

The Day of the Lord after the millennium includes the destruction of this present earth and heaven. The Day of the Lord after the destruction of this present earth and heaven includes the final judgement of the dead, the Great White Throne judgment. The Day of the Lord, after the Great White Throne judgment includes a new heaven, new earth, new Jerusalem... eternity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
.They Came out of GREAT TRIBULATION ---these are the MARTYRS since Stephen UNTIL THE OPENING OF THE 6TH SEAL..
The martyrs of past times are in heaven for certain. But that is not what is being talked about in the 5th seal or them in Revelation 7, the great multitude.

In Revelation 16, the wrath of God is poured out on the earth. The world will have celebrated the killing of the two prophets in Revelation 11. And of the saints who refuse to worship the beast or his image.

The great tribulation does not begin until the Abomination of Desolation is setup in the temple. It lasts 1335 days, until Jesus returns. That time will be limited to the 1335 days, or else all life on earth will perish.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am not discouraged or worried at all ...i know that the Tribulation will begin only when the Great Worldwide Earthquake of the 6Th Seal will happen...with the hope that this will not happen during my lifetime.Contrary to the pre-tribbers like you who wish that the Tribulation begin soon because they believe that SUPPOSEDLY they will be taken to Heaven few seconds before.
Here is what I am hoping for as soon as is possible - the destruction of Satan and his works.

It is only because God is long suffering that none should perish, but have everlasting life, that things have been delayed this long so far.

No-one that I know of is hoping the great tribulation begins soon. Everything operates on God's schedule.

It appears though that we are very very close to Gog/Magog, the rise of the little horn, and the final 7 years... so while that is a terrifying time coming on the world, God has made a means for escape... and in that light, Christians like me are thinking about the rapture taking place soon, and the redemption of our bodies.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so while that is a terrifying time coming on the world, God has made a means for escape... and in that light, Christians like me are thinking about the rapture taking place soon, and the redemption of our bodies.
Nowhere in the Bible it is said that Jesus will take the believers out of the Earth to avoid any Tribulation be it small or Great.What it is said in Matthew 24:13 is that those who will ENDURE to the End [until they die or until the Coming of Jesus IN GLORY if they are alive during the End Times events ] will be saved.
Matthew 24:13
13 But he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 24:13 prove that there is no removal of the Believers out of the Earth before the Tribulation.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nowhere in the Bible it is said that Jesus will take the believers out of the Earth to avoid any Tribulation be it small or Great.What it is said in Matthew 24:13 is that those who will ENDURE to the End [until they die or until the Coming of Jesus if they are alive during the End Times times events ]will be saved.
Matthew 24:13
13 But he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved.
The rapture is in 1Thessalonians4:15-18, of them who sleep in Christ, and them who are alive in Christ.

In the next chapter, 1Thesslaonians5, Paul explains the whole thing of when.... before the Day of the Lord years begin.

The rapture in 1Thessalonians5 is in verses 9-11.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,697.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The six seals cover the 7 years, from beginning to conclusion.

seal 1 - the rider on the white horse, the person is crowned the king of Israel, becomes the Antichrist; he confirms the Mt. Sinai covenant to begin the 7 years. The world thinking it has entered the messianic age of peace and safety.

seal 2 - the rider on the red horse, peace is taken from the earth. This rider arrives 3 years 3 months into the 7 years, when the perceived messiah shatters the illusion of peace and safety - by going into the temple, sitting, claiming to be God - triggering the Day of the Lord. Peace is taken from the earth. And the person's reign as the Antichrist ends.

seal 3 - the rider on the black horse, the person as the beast is in power, the abomination of desolation will have been placed in the temple - triggering the great tribulation, and the judgments fall upon the earth. 666 will be in force, for buying/selling of food becomes widespread. Satan is cast down to earth and incarnates the image.

seal 4 - the rider on the pale horse, Death, people are killed for not worshiping the beast nor his image, the statue incarnated by Satan. God's judgments fall on Satan's invisible empire, Babylon the great, fallen, cast down to earth. People die in large numbers.

seal 5 - in heaven, the martyrs cry for Jesus to avenge their blood.

seal 6 - near the very end of the 7 years. Jesus's anger boils over against Satan, the false prophet, and the beast, and their works. The cosmos parts and the world sees Jesus before the throne of God, his garments covered in the blood of the martyrs - the time of the wrath of the Lamb has come.

The 7th seal begins the revelation of events in detail leading up to the conclusion of the 7 years and Jesus's glorious return, putting everything on a timeline.
Your list of how you think the Seals will happen, is totally unsupported by scripture and is completely wrong, along with your guesses about the 1335 days, etc.
You ignore the fact of the first Five Seals being open since Jesus Ascended to heaven.
The Sixth Seal is the next event to happen, proved by Isaiah 61:2b....and the Day of the Lord's vengeance..... Which Jesus carefully left off saying in Luke 4:18-19

The Seven Seals have nothing at all to do with the 70th 'week' of Daniel; the last 7 years before Jesus returns.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You ignore the fact of the first Five Seals being open since Jesus Ascended to heaven.

Jesus ascended to heaven back in Acts 1. He is in heaven, opening the seals on the book, showing John what will take place in the end times.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rapture is in 1Thessalonians4:15-18, of them who sleep in Christ, and them who are alive in Christ.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 is going to happen UNTO THE COMING OF JESUS IN THE CLOUDS IN GLORY.

What it is said in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 is that UNTO the Coming of Jesus in the Clouds in Glory those who sleep in Jesus[DEAD Believers]will be resurrected and the believers still alive and Remain who have not taken the mark nor worshiped the Beast and his image ..will be [Caught up in the Clouds] ie TRANSPORTED TO WHERE JESUS WILL BE AT HIS COMING ie In THE CLOUDS IN THE AIR Over The Valley of Megiddo.. just before that Jesus' feet touch the Mount of Olives after the Battle of Armageddon.

When Jesus will come down from Heaven that will be to establish His 1,000 years Kingdom on the Earth with the Resurrected Saints Martyrs [Revelation 20:4-6]Nowhere in the text of 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 it is said that Jesus will return in Heaven with someone....YOU HAVE BEEN FOOLED BY FALSE TEACHERS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 is going to happen UNTO THE COMING OF JESUS IN THE CLOUDS IN GLORY.
It does not say in the clouds "in glory" in 1Thessalonians4:15-18.

In 1Thessalonians5, the world will be saying peace and safety. The rapture must take place before that illusion is shattered. Followed by the Day of the Lord, then shortly by the great tribulation.

Luke 21:
34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In 1Thessalonians5, the world will be saying peace and safety. The rapture must take place before that illusion is shattered. Followed by the Day of the Lord, then shortly by the great tribulation.

Luke 21:
34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
1 Thessalonians 5 Tell us that there will be a MASSIVE APOSTASY[DEPARTURE FROM THE FAITH] IN THE CHURCH BEFORE the REVEALING OF THE MAN OF SIN ,WHO WILL BRING PEACE AND SECURITY ON THE EARTH TO ALL THOSE WHO WILL TAKE THE MARK AND WHO WILL WORSHIP HIM AND HIS IMAGE...THE GATHERING WILL HAPPEN UNTO THE COMING OF JESUS IN THE CLOUDS IN GLORY...AFTER THE 42 Months Reign OF THE BEAST.

The Day Of THE LORD COMING AS A THIEF IS THE COMING OF JESUS AS A THIEF.
Revelation 16:14-16
14 for they are spirits of demons, working signs; which go forth unto the kings of the whole world, to gather them together unto the war of the great day of God, the Almighty.

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walked naked, and they see his shame.

16 And they gathered them together into the place which is called in Hebrew Har-magedon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1 Thessalonians 5 Tell us that there will be a MASSIVE APOSTASY[DEPARTURE FROM THE FAITH] IN THE CHURCH BEFORE the REVEALING OF THE MAN OF SIN
1Thessalonian5 says that? I think you mean 2Thessalonian2:3.

The Day Of ThE LORD COMING AS A THIEF IS THE COMING OF JESUS AS A THIEF Revelation 16:14-16

No, Ribera, you are taking a saying - as a thief - and equating the beginning of the Day of the Lord in 1Thessalonians5 to be the appearance of Jesus in heaven as being the same thing.

as a thief, like a thief in the night - these are sayings, used in different passages, to indicate suddenness and being unexpected.

In 1Thessalonians5, the world will be saying peace and safety. In Revelation 16, the world will be in extreme tribulation, barely hanging on. Two completely different situations, two completely different points during the 7 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Thessalonian5 says that? I think you mean 2Thessalonian2:3.
Yes it is 2 Thessalonians 2 ..so now you know that the time when people will say PEACE AND SAFETY REFERS TO THE 42 Months Reign of The BEAST/AC .

The BEAST/AC WILL BRING PEACE AND SECURITY ON THE EARTH TO ALL THOSE WHO WILL TAKE THE MARK AND WHO WILL WORSHIP HIM AND HIS IMAGE...

THE CAUGHT UP AND GATHERING OF THE BELIEVERS WILL HAPPEN UNTO THE COMING OF JESUS IN THE CLOUDS IN GLORY...AFTER THE 42 Months Reign OF THE BEAST.

2 Thessalonians 2
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, touching the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together unto him; 2 to the end that ye be not quickly shaken from your mind, nor yet be troubled, either by spirit, or by word, or by epistle as from us, as that the day of the Lord is just at hand; 3 let no man beguile you in any wise: for [it will not be,] except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes it is 2 Thessalonian 2:3 ..so now you know that the time when people will say PEACE AND SAFETY REFERS TO THE 42 Months Reign of The BEAST/AC .
No, it is not. The time of the beast will be the time of great tribulation upon the earth.

Differently, in the early parts of the 7 years, people will be thinking the person as the Antichrist is the messiah, and that they have entered the messianic age of peace and safety. Many in Christianity will be convinced as well, and will turn away from Jesus. That is the falling away in 2Thessalonians2:3.

Around 3 years 3 months into this perceived time of peace and safety, the Antichrist magnifies himself in his heart. This is in Daniel 8 and in Ezekiel 28, that he magnifies himself in heart - and begins thinking that he has achieved God-hood.

Daniel 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Ezekiel 28:2 Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:

prince of tyrus is just a code name for the Antichrist. as the king of tyrus, later in Ezekiel 28, is a code name for Satan.

Built up in his heart, of himself, the person will go into the temple, sit, showing to the whole world his claim of being God. That act reveals himself as the man of sin - and the Jews, mortified, will reject him from continuing as their King of Israel - ending his time in the role of being the Antichrist. And triggering the beginning years of the Day of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, it is not. The time of the beast will be the time of great tribulation upon the earth.
Daniel 7 .. Daniel 8 By peace he shall deceive many...into believing that it is correct to take the Mark and worship him and his image...to get peace and security and prosperity.[Into his hands craft shall prosper]The AC will bring a false Golden Age on the Earth to all those who will worship him.

Those who will refuse to take the Mark and refuse to Worship him will be beheaded.

You are promoting that Jesus will Come To Gather The Believers BEFORE that The Man Of Sin Is Revealed ....What you promote is the OPPOSITE OF WHAT IS WRITTEN 2 Thessalonians 2.

2 Thessalonians 2
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, touching the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together unto him; 2 to the end that ye be not quickly shaken from your mind, nor yet be troubled, either by spirit, or by word, or by epistle as from us, as that the day of the Lord is just at hand; 3 let no man beguile you in any wise: for [it will not be,] except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition,

Last edited:
Upvote 0