Not open for further replies.

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Note the Lord's ''parenthetical warning''(sic) in Revelation 16:15 .... this is His admonition given the reader to be ready [saved] before the tribulation period starts

.... for He will intervene as a thief with no warning to immortalize His true ecclesia keeping the living believers at the time from His unprecedented wrath and judgment to punish a world of those that have refused to believe the truth about Him and who He is
Again you try to take something who will happen at the END of the tribulation and you desperately try to force it to happen before the Tribulation to fit your pet theory.The warning is made in Revelation 3:3.

Do you notice in Revelation 16:15 the words used indicate that this is the moment of His coming as a thief.Even with that indication it is impossible for us to determine the precise moment....but that will be in the time when all the armies of the world will be Gathered at Armageddon.
Revelation 16:14-16
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

1 Thessalonians 5:2
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:4
But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Revelation 3:3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
-------------
The Fulfillment of the prophecy is Revelation 16:15 the sentence 'I will' come as a thief is not used anymore but Behold,I COME As A THIEF.

Revelation 16:15
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Again you try to take something who will happen at the END of the tribulation and you desperately try to force it to happen before the Tribulation to fit your pet theory.The warning is made in Revelation 3:3.
Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

A person is not blessed to have go through the great tribulation, but to escape it. Revelation 16:5 says to be ready for the rapture; Jesus is coming as a thief - unexpected. Like, maybe today.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will answer, but I am suspicious of you motive

There are 2 trumpets for the "church" .... the first [Revelation 1:10]

.... and the last [1 Thessalonians 4:16]
-Revelation 1:10....The voice of Jesus sounded like a trumpet.
-The seven trumpets during the tribulation will be sounded by SEVEN ANGELS.

-1 Thessalonians 4:16 the Last Trumpet sounding the caught up and gathering of the resurrected believers and the believers alive and remain unto the Coming of Jesus will be the VOICE OF JESUS sending His angels to gather the elects. Matthew 24:29-31

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

A person is not blessed to have go through the great tribulation, but to escape it. Revelation 16:5 says to be ready for the rapture; Jesus is coming as a thief - unexpected. Like, maybe today.
The Book of Revelation was written to warn the believers about what is to come to pass before the Coming of Jesus. In particular for the Christians who will see these things coming (watch)

Do you notice that the command addressed to the Seven Churches is always -him that will overcome-

You have been fooled by those who claim that the Book of Revelation was written for those that will be left behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luke17:37
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Book of Revelation was written to warn the believers about what is to come to pass before the Coming of Jesus.
.....Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.....Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
This make reference to the
144,000 that will be sealed for protection or the woman that will fee in the wilderness under God's protection.

The others will have to overcome/endure till the end.
Do you notice the command who is addressed to the Seven Churches in Revelation always end by -to him that overcome.-
Revelation 3:10-13
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
RB has a fetish for entering the tribulation of the Lord's wrath Doug .... thinks he needs to be punished and purified .... let him go

1 Thessalonians
5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
SS go join the Rapture Forum. They are your cult.
The KJV isn't biased? Don't you realize that every translation has some bias as the languages are never able to be perfectly transposed. And the KJV is the worst.
Your disgusting comments here are not wanted.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This make reference to the
144,000 that will be sealed for protection or the woman that will fee in the wilderness under God's protection.
Jesus won't be in the wilderness for them to stand before him. Luke 21:34-36 is for the Rapture.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟356,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
SS go join the Rapture Forum. They are your cult.
The KJV isn't biased? Don't you realize that every translation has some bias as the languages are never able to be perfectly transposed. And the KJV is the worst.
Your disgusting comments here are not wanted.
Do you mean Rapture Ready forum? I am banned from that site. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,794.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean Rapture Ready forum? I am banned from that site. :doh:
So am I. But they would love SS as they all get their harps tuned up ready to sit on the clouds watching the earth burn.
What an unbelievably pretentious idea that is!

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,735.00
Country
United States
Faith