United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok….to be honest, I don’t get it.
Yeah, that's where the "parallel dimension" analogy fails, it implies a place like this that is the same (or very similar), but also separate. I don't believe Heaven is separate in that way.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So would a spiritual realm be a way of explaining it, and if so, what is that, exactly?
I think that is the most accurate way to word it. What is that? I don't think I have the qualifications to really explain it properly.

To be honest, the idea of "Heaven" is not one that I really put a lot of effort into understanding. I believe it is there, I hope to one day be there, but the "there" part is not really something I focus on. I tend to be more "here" in my focus, how can I worship best here, what I can do now. I don't mean to imply that thinking of Heaven means one does not also think about the "here" or help out now, I simply mean that the theology of the "where" is not important to me. However, I do understand how it does matter to other people.

I am sorry that I do not have a better answer, but that really is the truth. :)

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think that is the most accurate way to word it. What is that? I don't think I have the qualifications to really explain it properly.

To be honest, the idea of "Heaven" is not one that I really put a lot of effort into understanding. I believe it is there, I hope to one day be there, but the "there" part is not really something I focus on. I tend to be more "here" in my focus, how can I worship best here, what I can do now. I don't mean to imply that thinking of Heaven means one does not also think about the "here" or help out now, I simply mean that the theology of the "where" is not important to me. However, I do understand how it does matter to other people.

I am sorry that I do not have a better answer, but that really is the truth. :)
Ok, thanks for your help!

• Friendly
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Could this be a good way of explaining it? It’s a book by Jeff Rhoades. There are 6 other audiobooks one can listen to that’s related to this but they might not teach the same things.

• The Bible, Dimensions, and the Spiritual Realm
  • Are Heaven, Angels, and God Closer Than We Think?
  • By: Jeff Rhoades
  • Narrated by: Joe Brooks
  • Length: 5 hrs and 56 mins
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Categories: Religion & Spirituality, Religious Studies

• 4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 (6 ratings)

Premium_Plus_Logo_Dark.png

Try for $0.00
1 audiobook of your choice.
Stream or download thousands of included titles.
$14.95 a month after 30 day trial. Cancel anytime.

Listeners also enjoyed...
51CPRKFiyhL._SL320_.jpg

51-+sC7pORL._SL320_.jpg

41-T3NMeY9L._SL320_.jpg

51iblMYVzaL._SL320_.jpg

61kFxp5TklL._SL320_.jpg

51KgkZYl36L._SL320_.jpg

Publisher's Summary
The Bible tells of a spiritual realm where heaven, angels, and God reside. Where is this mysteriously invisible realm? Science has opened the door to the possibility of higher spatial dimensions. Could this be where heaven is? Using God’s word, this book will present evidence for the reality of the spiritual realm and also lay out the scientific evidence, from Einstein’s theory of relativity to string theory, that points to the possibility of a higher dimension or dimensions.

Through this book, the everyday Christian will learn how to view the spiritual dimension or spiritual realm in a deeper way and will see clearly that there is much more to our universe than meets the eye. The seeking skeptic will also be presented with evidence that God is real and the Bible is his communication to man. The foundation is laid from the Bible, from science and from understanding that we are three-dimensional beings created by a Grand Programmer to live in the physical and spiritual universe. Because of sin, mankind lost the ability to see the spiritual realm, but through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, we can once again access the spiritual realm and live fully as God our creator intends.

©2020 Jeff Rhoades (P)2020 Jeff Rhoades

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Can you describe where heaven might be, if not in space or another dimension?
I’ve never found an answer to that question so another dimension or realm makes most sense to me.
It is infinitely undefinable; a mystery. Simply accept that it is because God keeps his promises.

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0