England’s public health stats show hospitalization and death occur at higher rate among the vaccinat

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Despite claims that the jabs provide upwards of 90 percent protection against illness with COVID-19, the PHE document lists deaths involving the virus in some 0.4 percent of vaccinated individuals died within 28 days of a positive COVID test. Of those hospitalized, the rate stands at 22.7 percent having died. This compares with the unvaccinated category, of which 0.17 percent died within 28 days of a positive COVID test overall, and of those hospitalized 8.5 percent had died.

England’s public health stats show hospitalization and death occur at higher rate among the vaccinated - LifeSite

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Despite claims that the jabs provide upwards of 90 percent protection against illness with COVID-19, the PHE document lists deaths involving the virus in some 0.4 percent of vaccinated individuals died within 28 days of a positive COVID test. Of those hospitalized, the rate stands at 22.7 percent having died. This compares with the unvaccinated category, of which 0.17 percent died within 28 days of a positive COVID test overall, and of those hospitalized 8.5 percent had died.
Assuming these numbers are correct... What's the ratio after one corrects for the age profile of the two groups? They did do that, right? Since the age profile differs substantially between the vaccinated and unvaccinated, and since the risk varies enormously with age, failing to account for this effect requires either an intent to deceive or utter incompetence.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
failing to account for this effect requires either an intent to deceive or utter incompetence.
Like listing COVID as the cause of death simply because the deceased had the virus, even though they actually died from something else?

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

England’s public health stats show hospitalization and death occur at higher rate among the vaccinated - LifeSite
This is just another of many things I've heard that make me doubt anybody's claims —particularly statistics. There's nothing I can believe that would make me see good reason to get the vaccination, nor even to put on the mask. Too much lying, even if it is on both sides. Too much playing with words and flip-flopping, always promoted with vehemence, too much coercion, too much bullying and political correctness, virtue signaling, etc etc etc. Sick of it all.

This country is sick, and it isn't because of the Covid.

• Winner
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like listing COVID as the cause of death simply because the deceased had the virus, even though they actually died from something else?
No, nothing like that. Determining exact causes of death is difficult, as is determining how many have died of covid. Since the UK government has zero reason to inflate the death rate, the idea that there's some kind of effort here to inflate death counts makes no sense.

No, what I'm talking about is simply lying with statistics. It's malicious and it's evil. Don't propagate it.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
This thread isn't about your country.
Sure it is. It relates. Should I have said, 'this world is sick'?

And no, I'm not saying it's about ONLY the USA.

• Agree
Upvote 0