Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Damian Wars.... Do you know that the Muslims brag about how Thomas Jefferson had a copy of the Koran?

What they deny.... Jefferson got a copy because of the Islamic pirates boarding ships and extorting European nations for large sums of money. It was beginning to happen with American ships sailing in that part of the world too.

From what I understand congress wanted to appease the Muslims. Jefferson refused. Instead he resurrected the US Marines. He had a fleet built for them and they sailed to destroy the Islamic pirates. Its why the Marine hymn begins with.. "From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli." The reason the Marines are called "leather necks" was because the Marines needed to wear thick leather straps around their necks when boarding Muslim ships to prevent a quick decapitation that these religious "Arabs" performed without blinking an eye.

What Jefferson did was to study the Koran and hated what he saw. He saw a religion of hatred and primitive brutality. We don't get told that part of history too often. He concluded and said that it was one religion not to be tolerated! Keep in mind. He was the President who championed religious freedom.

They are the only religion that wants to eliminate the Jew from the face of the earth. There goes your neighborhood. Love them. Invite them in. The nice smiley ones are to lay the groundwork for others to follow.

My people perish because of a lack of knowledge.
You end your post with "My people perish because of a lack of knowledge." You then post something that is false. The Navy and Marines were disbanded following the Revolutionary War. But it wasn't Jefferson who re-created the Marines. On July 11, 1798, President John Adams signed into law a congressional act which created—or re-created, depending how you’re counting—the United States Marine Corps.

The six original frigates of the United States Navy were authorized on March 27, 1794 during the Washington administration. Among those ships was the USS Constitution which is today preserved in Boston harbor.

Now, it was Jefferson who sent the ships and the Marines to deal with the Barbary Pirates, but it was not Jefferson who built the ships or reconstituted the Marines.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You end your post with "My people perish because of a lack of knowledge." You then post something that is false. The Navy and Marines were disbanded following the Revolutionary War. But it wasn't Jefferson who re-created the Marines. On July 11, 1798, President John Adams signed into law a congressional act which created—or re-created, depending how you’re counting—the United States Marine Corps.

The six original frigates of the United States Navy were authorized on March 27, 1794 during the Washington administration. Among those ships was the USS Constitution which is today preserved in Boston harbor.

Now, it was Jefferson who sent the ships and the Marines to deal with the Barbary Pirates, but it was not Jefferson who built the ships or reconstituted the Marines.
Thank you for that knowledge. What I said is what was shown to me. Glad to find out I need to be corrected in that detail.

Grace and peace...

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And, why did you state what you did as them celebrating Abraham's sacrifice as a good thing, knowing its a fraud? Trying to give us the wrong impression?
Telling them the biblical account and how it points to Christ is not a good thing?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Too late I already prayed. Why are you once again making negative assumptions about me? I have certainly prayed for Muslims over the years, individual ones and those in general.
You seem to have a specific idea of what a Muslim is and a violent confrontation is enviable. This leads me to believe you don't really know any. My friends and neighbours defend me, they don't attack me.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Telling them the biblical account and how it points to Christ is not a good thing?

It is a good thing. But, you keep confusing things for yourself.

You did not tell them about how the sacrifice of "Ishmael" points to Christ. How could you? Ishmael was an unbeliever!

Here is what you said originally ..

I'm not interested in a discussion about who Abraham took up the mountain with a Muslim to what possible end does that accomplish?

:scratch: That does not sound at all like you were discussing the Biblical account...

Why do you want to try to confuse us? You keep saying contradictory things.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not our Scripture. Their's! They believe that there will be a Messiah appearing to deliverer the world. Muslims believe in a Messiah. They may even refer to him as Jesus! For Jesus warned that during the Tribulation many will come in His Name.

"For many will come in my name, claiming,
'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many."

Mat 24:5​
The Jews will be deceived in a similar way, not by our scripture but theirs... oh wait.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You seem to have a specific idea of what a Muslim is and a violent confrontation is enviable. This leads me to believe you don't really know any. My friends and neighbours defend me, they don't attack me.
Not those Muslims... They are the bait and switch of Islam. After you accept them and more and more move in, its then the true Islamist who moves in and will attack. Not only you. But the passive Muslims as well. A Muslim told me would not move to an Islamic nation where Sharia law is the law of the land. Because he would end being killed by the purest Muslims who are serious about the Koran... He was dead serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is a good thing. But, you keep confusing things for yourself.

You did not tell them about how the sacrifice of "Ishmael" points to Christ. How could you? Ishmael was an unbeliever!

Here is what you said originally ..

:scratch: That does not sound at all like you were discussing the Biblical account...

Why do you want to try to confuse us? You keep saying contradictory things.
What would those contradictory things be? I don't recall saying I affirm ishmael was the son or changing the words of the bible. You are free to disagree with my approach, may I ask how your showing Christ to Muslims?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Jews will be deceived in a similar way, not by our scripture but theirs... oh wait.
Many Jews will no longer be deceived at that point. For they will have been shaken to their core during the Tribulation to see all the unusual and strange things that their old traditional ways of stability will no longer work for them.

God will have 144,000 Jewish evangelists to give forth a true witness. Many Jews will suddenly be shocked into reality and will begin to hunger and crave more and more for understanding of both the Torah and the NT. Suddenly the prophetic words of Jesus in the NT will ring true like a life preserver thrown into the turbulent waters they will be carried along with on a daily basis.

The ones that stay faithful to the Word of God during those days will stay alive and enter joyously into the new Kingdom on earth with Jesus sitting on the Throne of David.

Its going to be amazing. And, no one of the Bride of Christ being there will become exhausted from the constant excitement going on. Indefatigable due to the Resurrection bodies we will be traversing the earth with. The word "fatigue" will not be in our dictionary.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What would those contradictory things be? I don't recall saying I affirm ishmael was the son or changing the words of the bible. You are free to disagree with my approach, may I ask how your showing Christ to Muslims?
You don't see what I am pointing out. Some good friend needs to explain that to you. You are too confusing to try at this point... I will leave you where you find yourself. If someone here wants to chime in and reexplain it to you it might help. Other wise I stand as is... No chasing through the brier patch.

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not those Muslims... They are the bait and switch of Islam. After you accept them and more and more move in, its then the true Islamist who moves in and will attack. Not only you. But the passive Muslims as well. A Muslim told me would not move to an Islamic nation where Sharia law is the law of the land. Because he would end being killed by the purest Muslims who are serious about the Koran... He was dead serious.
well, you can play out your scenario in your head and weigh out your options, meanwhile, I'll actually engage with Muslims. How can anything stand in my way if God is with me? Conversely, how can anything stop my inevitable death if God is against me?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
well, you can play out your scenario in your head and weigh out your options, meanwhile, I'll actually engage with Muslims. How can anything stand in my way if God is with me? Conversely, how can anything stop my inevitable death if God is against me?
I have no problem with that. It seems that you want us to believe that Muslims are reasonable and good as a rule.

The Muslim I have had worked with was witnessed to. He received messages to listen to. He truly loves the freedom we have. But, he had a strong religious streak, and following the rules and regulations of his system gave him self satisfaction on a religious plane. He felt he was pleasing Allah because "he is so humble." I left his alone at that point.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no problem with that. It seems that you want us to believe that Muslims are reasonable and good as a rule.

humans left to their own are not a reasonable and good rule, this presents itself differently in the US than perhaps the middle east but just as flawed. I do not look to systems of man to fix man... that would just be silly.

The Muslim I have had worked with was witnessed to. He received messages to listen to. He truly loves the freedom we have. But, he had a strong religious streak, and following the rules and regulations of his system gave him self satisfaction on a religious plane. He felt he was pleasing Allah because "he is so humble." I left his alone at that point.

Christians are no different, to impact the deep areas of life relationship needs to go deeper with it otherwise all you are doing is chipping away at the surface.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Not our Scripture. Their's!

You do know that the Jewish Tanakh is roughly equivalent to the Old Testament, yes? So "Their Scriptures" are ours also.

But I suspect you refer to the Muslim holy text, the Qur'an. So then, by this statement of yours, you're saying that your beliefs are not based on what the Bible says, but on what the Qur'an says?

That's...weird.

For one, I don't understand why a Christian would consider the Qur'an an religiously authoritative text. As Christianity only has one authoritative canon of Scripture, and that's the Bible.

And secondly, I don't suppose that you actually can point out where the Qur'an says that Jews and Muslims will believe in the Antichrist. Because, that's probably not in the Qur'an. Just a wild guess.

They believe that there will be a Messiah appearing to deliverer the world. Muslims believe in a Messiah. They may even refer to him as Jesus! For Jesus warned that during the Tribulation many will come in His Name.

"For many will come in my name, claiming,
'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many."

Mat 24:5​

This isn't something that only happens in the end. This has been happening for two thousand years. In fact, there have been plenty of would-be messiahs, and those claiming to be Jesus or the second coming of Jesus. Have you ever heard of the Ahmadiyya? It's a religious group founded and based around Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, who claimed to be both the second coming of Jesus and also the Mahdi, a figure found in some schools of Islamic thought. The Ahmadiyya are rejected by both Sunni and Shi'a Muslims as non-Muslims. Or how about Mirza Husayn Ali Nuri, better known as the Baha'u'llah, the founder of the Bahai religion and who claimed to the second coming of Jesus, the Jewish Messiah, the Muslim Mahdi, the Zoroastrian Shayoshant, and the Maitreya of certain Buddhist traditions. Again, Muslims didn't seem terribly impressed.

Again, treating entire groups of people as props, rather than as people, is a bad thing.

I just don't see a reason to believe your personal opinion on this subject.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You do know that the Jewish Tanakh is roughly equivalent to the Old Testament, yes? So "Their Scriptures" are ours also.

But I suspect you refer to the Muslim holy text, the Qur'an. So then, by this statement of yours, you're saying that your beliefs are not based on what the Bible says, but on what the Qur'an says?

That's...weird.

For one, I don't understand why a Christian would consider the Qur'an an religiously authoritative text. As Christianity only has one authoritative canon of Scripture, and that's the Bible.

And secondly, I don't suppose that you actually can point out where the Qur'an says that Jews and Muslims will believe in the Antichrist. Because, that's probably not in the Qur'an. Just a wild guess.

This isn't something that only happens in the end. This has been happening for two thousand years. In fact, there have been plenty of would-be messiahs, and those claiming to be Jesus or the second coming of Jesus. Have you ever heard of the Ahmadiyya? It's a religious group founded and based around Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, who claimed to be both the second coming of Jesus and also the Mahdi, a figure found in some schools of Islamic thought. The Ahmadiyya are rejected by both Sunni and Shi'a Muslims as non-Muslims. Or how about Mirza Husayn Ali Nuri, better known as the Baha'u'llah, the founder of the Bahai religion and who claimed to the second coming of Jesus, the Jewish Messiah, the Muslim Mahdi, the Zoroastrian Shayoshant, and the Maitreya of certain Buddhist traditions. Again, Muslims didn't seem terribly impressed.

Again, treating entire groups of people as props, rather than as people, is a bad thing.

I just don't see a reason to believe your personal opinion on this subject.

-CryptoLutheran

You are going after something else that I am not.

The Muslims are awaiting a Messiah. If its found in their Quran, I can't say. But, they are waiting for him to appear. They will find him in the False Prophet of the Tribulation. AKA - "The Beast."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,669.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Many Jews will no longer be deceived at that point. For they will have been shaken to their core during the Tribulation to see all the unusual and strange things that their old traditional ways of stability will no longer work for them.

God will have 144,000 Jewish evangelists to give forth a true witness. Many Jews will suddenly be shocked into reality and will begin to hunger and crave more and more for understanding of both the Torah and the NT. Suddenly the prophetic words of Jesus in the NT will ring true like a life preserver thrown into the turbulent waters they will be carried along with on a daily basis.

The ones that stay faithful to the Word of God during those days will stay alive and enter joyously into the new Kingdom on earth with Jesus sitting on the Throne of David.

Its going to be amazing. And, no one of the Bride of Christ being there will become exhausted from the constant excitement going on. Indefatigable due to the Resurrection bodies we will be traversing the earth with. The word "fatigue" will not be in our dictionary.
I am no expert on the 144,000 but the Bible does say they come from all the tribes of Israel, not just the tribe of Judah. The descendants of the other tribes have been scattered throughout the world and are more and more discovering their true roots. My mother was from Ireland where history shows, in the time of David and Solomon, many from Israel went to work in tin mines. Her maiden name had "Dan" incorporated into it. Ireland has places associated with the tribe of Dan, like the Danube. I do not know of any Israeli heritage on my father's side, but he was part English and British means, in Hebrew, "covenant people."

Around the world genetic studies, linguistics and religious practices and so on are seen to be highly correlated with the dispersal of all tribes of Israel. Only the Lord knows who the genetic remnant is, and many certainly believe we are being called out to be a people set apart in these last days.

The Bible talks about how the two houses of Israel will be reunited in the last days. That is part of what Messiah died for.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am no expert on the 144,000 but the Bible does say they come from all the tribes of Israel, not just the tribe of Judah.

I see... you're no expert. But, you are an expert. :angel:

I did not say from the tribe of Judah. I said, "Jews/Jewish."

I was born a Jew. I grew up a Jew. Please, you need to catch up with how the word "Jewish" is being used today. Otherwise, you will leave Jews scratching their heads :scratch::scratch::scratch:when you make such a remark.

Apparently, some "gentile" scholars began working with technically correct word usage that would have applied 2000-3000 years ago, but now impose upon us today to believe it still applies.

You need to know this. Its a horrible witness to Jews. Truthfully.. They will see you as a dumb Goy who thinks he's smart. I am telling you that for your own good. I have had this argument thrown at me before and it made me wonder how these people think. Word usage changes over time. We need to live in the meaning of the word as its understood today. " Jewish " is a term to describe anyone born in any of the tribes of Israel. Its how its used today.

The descendants of the other tribes have been scattered throughout the world and are more and more discovering their true roots. My mother was from Ireland where history shows, in the time of David and Solomon, many from Israel went to work in tin mines. Her maiden name had "Dan" incorporated into it. Ireland has places associated with the tribe of Dan, like the Danube. I do not know of any Israeli heritage on my father's side, but he was part English and British means, in Hebrew, "covenant people."

Make it simple. Get the spit DNA test that has been so popular of late. If you have any Jewish blood? It should show.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

One second here....

You use this in your profile?
Follower of Isa Al Masih

You use a Muslim term? Jesus in Islam - Wikipedia

You come here acting almost naive. But? You are embedded in Islamic thinking? What is your purpose here? To get us all to like Islamic people?

What is it?

• Agree
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If you are walking in false doctrine and your emotions? God will not be with you. If God called you specifically to witness to Muslims? And, you walk in accurate understanding and in the Spirit? You do not need us to agree with you to do what you have been called for.

If you become an apologists for open acceptance for all Muslims? Then I would say you do not have accurate understanding of what the Bible teaches about their way of thinking when they take the Quran seriously.

For any Muslim who is serious about pleasing Allah will become like the crazed Christians who were blowing up abortion clinics years ago.... The difference is. Those Christians distorted Scripture. But, those Muslims bent on the destruction of Christians and Jews? They are refusing to distort their Scriptures. There's the rub.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

My sister once witnessed to my Jewish relatives using the Masoretic text (Jewish Bible) that I had received for my Bar Mitzvah. My aunt told her that what was read came from a "Catholic" Bible, and is about Jesus. Telling my sister that we Jews do not believe in Jesus.

Then the shocker came. My aunt was told that what was read was from Isaiah 53, and is the Bible I was given on my Bar Mitzvah. She told me you could have heard a pin drop. They have been witnessed to for sure!

Upvote 0