Not open for further replies.

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FRANKLIN . We can't save the planet , thats why the bible speaks of an endtime . God makes it very clear that his future prophecies will happen at the time of the end . Now this might open a can of worms , but the question is : The end of what ? I believe your answers to that question will be most interesting . I'v got my bible ready , lets have some fun ! SEEBS . I thought your answer was very good and I don't blame you for thinking that way , I think I'm not far behind you .

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Brian45
FRANKLIN . We can't save the planet , thats why the bible speaks of an endtime . God makes it very clear that his future prophecies will happen at the time of the end . Now this might open a can of worms , but the question is : The end of what ? I believe your answers to that question will be most interesting . I'v got my bible ready , lets have some fun ! SEEBS . I thought your answer was very good and I don't blame you for thinking that way , I think I'm not far behind you .

Brian, Who are you replying to here Seebs or me (franklin)?
Any Brian, I like your question: the end of what?
The bible never says the 'end of time' but always the 'time of the end'...

franklin

Upvote 0

franklin

May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Brian45
Thats my question FRNKLIN , the time of the end of what ?

Brian, the Bible is referring to the end of the old covenant age that ended in AD70 not the end of the world as is traditionally taught in dispensationalism and futurism. At AD70 the new covenant age, the eternal age is without end and that is what we are living in today and it has no ending.

Franklin

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by franklin

Brian, the Bible is referring to the end of the old covenant age that ended in AD70 not the end of the world as is traditionally taught in dispensationalism and futurism. At AD70 the new covenant age, the eternal age is without end and that is what we are living in today and it has no ending.

Franklin

This preterist view is not allowed here. But to put an end to your deception, before I report you, I will tell you what the end really is.

The end in that scripture is referring to the end of Mans Dominion or rule. It was to last six thousand years. You can see the model that God made when He created this world in six days. A day to God is a thousand years to man, and a thousand years to man is but a day to God. The next day was the Sabbath, and it will also be the Millenial or 1000 year reign of Christ. Man handed over his power to Satan in the Garden of Eden, and thus been struggling in this evil world ever since. It's time for a change. Can you feel it comin'??

Upvote 0

franklin

May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by seebs
I'm not seeing any reason to believe this is "the end" any more than the people who thought the Black Plague was "the end" were right.

Seebs, At least your thinking! You don't sound like all the other gloom and doomers out there!

Be a talking to ya more later! Have a great day!

Franklin :D

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
I feel the end times are something we shouldn't worry about, as long as we are walking right with God, I also feel it's important that we do see the signs, and there are many things happening in the world today that point to the hour that is growing so much more closer. The thing is, It isn't something we should be looking foward to, It will be a dark and horrible day indeed, We shouldn't take joy in the destruction that will come upon the world. So we shouldn't be pleading for God to come quickly or try to bring it upon ourselves even sooner. What we should do is see the signs, and warn others about the events that are taking place, what they all point to. we should draw ourselves closer to God. We should never blind ourselves to what God has told us would take place, He told us for a reason. So that we may be ready at anytime, because we know not what day and hour he will come, but we will know the season, and the season is here. I myself keep praying for just a little more time to warn others, and more time so that others can come to know him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi KERN . From adam and eve to noah was 2000 years , from noah to jesus birth was 2000 years and from jesus birth to the year 2000 was 2000 years also . But if we count the years from jesus death and resurection that would bring us to the year 2033 . Which is probibly why we are still sitting here now .

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by seebs
I'm not seeing any reason to believe this is "the end" any more than the people who thought the Black Plague was "the end" were right.

Your statement proves that you are on the wrong forum. It appears that you are taking advantage of the management of this forum. They were gracious and polite enough not to just throw you preterists out. They are clearly being very patient, but your true colors are showing. Who would be attracted to this behavior??

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Nonsense. You can be a futurist without believing that we are approaching the end times right now. This is an eschatology DISCUSSION forum, not a "rollinThunder speaks prophecy" forum. Preterists have been ejected, but until "the management" says otherwise, futurists who don't think Jesus' return is any time soon are still welcome.

-Chris

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Badfish

Is it close? Take a look around, it can't be too far off.

Sure, that's easy to say. But hundreds, if not thousands, of people throughout history (leading back to the time of the apostles!) thought that they *had* to be the last generation because of all the signs and portents in their age. Lots of people put specific years on when the end of the world would be, or failing that, just said that they were the last generation. Every single one of them was wrong. I'm just looking for a reason why these new proclamations are any different from the former ones.

-Chris

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Kern . People in the past never had to deal with a depleating ozone layer or the polar ice melting or global warming . Since the begining of the world , WE are the only generation to expierience these things , which are also the signs we were to be looking for . The prophet Ezekiel describes the earth as wobling as a drunken man at the time of the end , it dosn't take a huge brain to figure out why ? When the ice has melted causing a distribution of the weight of the water on the earth thus causing it to wobble , then johns prophecy of stars falling to the earth will accur . Only it won't be stars , it will be thousands of satalites falling out of their disrupted orbits . Don't you get it Kern ? Everything man has made with his hands and worships ,including our motor cars is going to come back on us , and is comming back on us even now .

Upvote 0

Julie

ONLY JESUS CHRIST SAVES
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
✟9,327.00
Faith
Christian
Worry. If you have not yet trusted The Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour.

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.