Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Originally posted by Brian45
Hello Mandy . Your right , they weren't suffering Gods wrath , they suffered Romes wrath . So what's the difference between being eaten by a lion or being here when the nukes go off ? The reason I brought this up is that there are christians today who believe or are taught to believe that the 7 year tribulation period is Gods wrath . What if it's not ? These people should ready themselves for posible persecution instead of thinking they won't be here . There are many different views as to what and when Gods wrath is , and I think people should be aware of that . thanks .

By reading the book of Revelation chapter 3, it is clear there will come a time that God will test the inhabitants of the earth, a time to pour out His wrath. Just like Lot and Noah were spared, so will the body of Christ. For God will not judge the righteous with the unrighteous.

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi Kern . If thats the way you feel , then why are you on an eschatology forum ?

Good question. I don't read the Eschatology forum very often. My personal viewpoint lines up with Catholic doctrine, that Jesus will return some day, but most of the prophecy in the Bible has already been fulfilled. I don't believe in the rapture, or a tribulation period, or any of that (Catholic doctrine is amillenial).

The main reason I am here is because I see very little debate on this forum, mostly a lot of "this guy might be the antichrist" and a bunch of people saying "yeah, good idea" and congratulating each other. Every so often I feel the need to pop in and question the beliefs. Also, pretty much everyone posting here seems to be a "hard-core futurist", and I think it's good to have differing beliefs sometimes. It's good to ask questions -- Why is someone so sure the end of the world will be within 10 years when so many predictions in the past have been made, and been wrong? etc.

But you're right, perhaps the Eschatology forum is not the most productive place to spend my time.

-Chris

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello again Kern . I Know a lot of prophecy happened in the past but are you aware there is duality in the bible ? I'm not a big rapture fan either , the beam me up scottie idea seems a bit over the top . Hard core futurists ? I suppose thats because we are discussing eschatology . And your right , there's nothing wrong in having an alternative view point . Most of the post's here are only educated guesses , we won't know for sure what's going to happen untill it begins to happen . But hey ! feel free Kern to put your 2 cents worth in , everyone else does . seeya friend

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Kern . If thats the way you feel , then why are you on an eschatology forum ? I understand what your saying , but God has written these prophetic books for our benifit . God doesn't want us to take the mark of the Beast , how can we do that if we don't know what it is ? These forums allow for the exchange of Information between us hopefully bringing us a better understanding as we head towards the end .

If you look at the last two thousand years of eschatology, and we're assuming futurism, then we know that, for nearly two thousand years, people have spent much of their time studying stuff that was *TOTALLY* irrelevant to them.

God will give us plenty of warning of any "mark of the beast" - assuming that wasn't one of the things which was an allegory for a problem facing the early Church.

I'm not gonna worry. God will look out for us, and spending a lot of time focused on this stuff will just get in the way of living our lives *now*, as God intends us to live them.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SEEBS . We seem to be going around in circles and getting nowhere , so could I take you back to my question which you forgot to answer . Which was : The time of the end of what ?

I dunno. What do you think will end? I don't expect any major changes in my lifetime, because 99.999% of people who have expected major changes in their lifetimes draw nigh.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Mandy
I think there is a balance here. We all should be all be redeeming the time obediently, yet we should keep looking up, because our redemption draws nigh.
The important thing is to be found ready.

Our redemption was on Good Friday, quite some time ago. I don't know when the second coming will be, but I don't have any particularly good reason to believe it will be *soon*.

Upvote 0

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
Jesus said to keep on the watch. The wicked in Noah's day according to Jesus, took no note. True, no one knows the day or the hour(why in fact, Jesus does not know that either, but only the Father)but by the signs Jesus gave, one could identify the generation.-----Noah had no cause to worry. The rest of mankind was aloof until no doubt, the first few drops of rain began falling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by seebs

I dunno. What do you think will end? I don't expect any major changes in my lifetime, because 99.999% of people who have expected major changes in their lifetimes draw nigh.
You could be right , I sometimes think it might be my sons generation . Most eschatologists like to use 1948 as a benchmark , all I know is that the jews must be back in their land at the time of the end .

Upvote 0

postrib

Feb 7, 2002
✟958.00
Faith
Christian
...I don't expect any major changes in my lifetime...
I do. In the parable of the fig tree, I believe Jesus was saying that the generation that saw the re-establishment of the nation of physical Israel (the rebudding of the fig tree) would not "pass" until they saw the tribulation and 2nd coming (Matthew 24:32-34). The nation of physical Israel was re-established in 1948, and I believe that generation won't "pass" (Matthew 24:24) until 70 years later, for Psalm 90:10 refers to people usually passing away after 70 years.

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good point Postrib , Israel is now 53 years old , that doesn't leave us much time . Couple that with the planets dying eco system and Bobs your uncle " end of the world " . It's a bit soon for my liking , and yet , It seems very posible . Sientists are saying that 10 years from now should see our eco system shot to pieces , I think your fig tree and 70 years could be right . I better cash in my life Insurance policy . ha ha

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Other scientists are saying that a perfectly functional ecosystem will probably be here for millions of years.

I wouldn't do anything based on the assumption that anything big will change. So far, every single person who has done that has been disappointed, and every single one has had good, solid, scriptural references to back up their beliefs - except for the kooks on TV, like most of the major evangelists; I seem to recall that at least one of the big-name guys predicted the end of the world in the 80's.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by franklin

Possibly Hal Lindsay!

You can't even spell his name right. But go ahead, sit right down in the accusers seat. You seem to have forgotten that this is not a preterist site. Were you not able to find a place that welcomes the preterist view?

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
You can't even spell his name right.
Gee thanks for correcting my spelling Mr thunder! That's right your a correctional officer, is that what you do, you go around correcting people for their mis-spelled words? Keep up the good work!

But go ahead, sit right down in the accusers seat.
[/B]

Look who's talking about sitting in the accusers seat!

You seem to have forgotten that this is not a preterist site. Were you not able to find a place that welcomes the preterist view? [/B]

Gee that's funny thunder, the only one I notice saying anything about preterism here is YOU! I just mentioned an authors name! And I wasn't even responding to anything you said, I was replying to Seebs! So why don't you just give your watchdog attitude and mentality a rest ey partner! Any other mis-spelled words you want to point out? Since your sooooo smart!

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it was Hal Lindsey . I also read his book on Y2K and that was supposed to blow my socks off but it didn't . He keeps forgetting that the future prophecies of the Bible will only accur at a specific time period called THE END TIME or THE TIME OF THE END . And that time will come .

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think it was Hal Lindsey . I also read his book on Y2K and that was supposed to blow my socks off but it didn't . He keeps forgetting that the future prophecies of the Bible will only accur at a specific time period called THE END TIME or THE TIME OF THE END . And that time will come .

Hi Brian, If there are any prophesies to be fulfilled it will have to be on the part the remaining Jews through repentence on their part only. Other than that I don't see any signs of this anywhere in the near future. As for end of time or time of the end, I think the bible never says anything about time itself coming to an end, it always refers to 'the time of the end', which would leave us with the question, the end of what? I could be wrong so fill me in if you can find anything on that.
Oh, yes & y2k... that was the practical joke of the century huh? We all thought the sky was going to fall!

Thanks for your post....

Franklin

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.