Not open for further replies.

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Wildfire . Back in the late eighties I read an article in time magazine about the amount of satilites and space junk we have up there , I didn't realise we had so much stuff up there . At that time I was reading a book on the end time , the author was thinking the stars falling to be meteors . ( signs in sun , moon & stars ) I don't believe God is going to do anything , he dosn't have to , we are gong to do it to ourselves . Somewhere in the bible God has said : And mans wisdom will come to nothing .

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER

Your statement proves that you are on the wrong forum. It appears that you are taking advantage of the management of this forum. They were gracious and polite enough not to just throw you preterists out. They are clearly being very patient, but your true colors are showing. Who would be attracted to this behavior??

I'm not a preterist. I have no opinion on when "the end" will be. Why should I believe it's going to be soon? I've lived through over a hundred "God has told me the End will come at..." predictions. What's a few more?

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Badfish

Is it close? Take a look around, it can't be too far off.

Why not? The best case I've ever seen made for "end times" was the Black Plague. The argument that "thirty percent of the population of the known world dying" was pretty close to a "tribulation" was a very convincing one... but Nothing Happened.

I don't know how literal or metaphorical the "end times" prophecy is, and I've been told, by Christ, that "no man knows the hour".

I don't see why I should expect it to happen "soon". People have raised grandchildren, hoping to get them converted before the second coming, and those grandchildren are long dead, while their great-grandchildren are still worrying about the "imminent" Rapture. Me, I get bored faster than that. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Preterism is a lie. The end is coming.
BTW I heard someone say a few years ago that the year that corresponds to our 2006 or 2008 (I don't remember which) on the Hebrew calendar has the word "armageddon" or "Tribulation" written on it.
Also, I heard another person project from the Bible Code that 2008 or 2010 is the end year.
And then there's the Lindsey calculation which says this is THE year.
I know one of these is probably right.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No one knows the day or hour. The question is, "What does No One mean?? Some people try to tranlate that into some one. We won't be going anywhere until He calls us to come up hither, and not one second sooner. All we need to be is ready!! Keep on keepin' on, and keep on lookin' up!!

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Originally posted by kern
If no one knows the day or hour then why do you spend so much time trying to line up Biblical prophecy with world news?

-Chris

The Bible gives us signs to watch for in prophecy so that we might know the season, but not the day and hour. God does not want us to be decieved, so he tells us what to watch for. We need to stay alert to what is happening, and not blind our eyes to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by kern
If no one knows the day or hour then why do you spend so much time trying to line up Biblical prophecy with world news?

-Chris

Are you saying that we should all just roll over and play dead?? :confused:

Or just roll over and go back to sleep?? :sleep:

Upvote 0

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
No, we should work to live our life as Christ-like as possible, doing God's will. For me, this does not necessarily involve looking for antichrists and trying to find out if Biblical prophecy is being fulfilled by the 6:00 news. But if that's what you feel God is calling you to do, then go ahead and do it. It's not my place to judge.

-Chris

Upvote 0

Mandy

Dec 28, 2001
California
Visit site
✟7,109.00
Originally posted by Brian45
Hello Mandy . You said God has not appointed us to his wrath , yet if that were told to the early christians while they were being fed to the lions , I don't think they would have been amused by that statement .

Being fed to lions does not constitute God's wrath, it was persecution and I seriously doubt they thought God was punishing them and pouring His wrath out on them. There is a major difference between persecution and tribulation and God's wrath that will be poured out during the Great Tribulation which Christians will not have to endure, except those who will be left behind, and not saved until after the rapture.

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Kern . If thats the way you feel , then why are you on an eschatology forum ? I understand what your saying , but God has written these prophetic books for our benifit . God doesn't want us to take the mark of the Beast , how can we do that if we don't know what it is ? These forums allow for the exchange of Information between us hopefully bringing us a better understanding as we head towards the end .

Upvote 0

Brian45

Apr 23, 2002
✟34,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Mandy . Your right , they weren't suffering Gods wrath , they suffered Romes wrath . So what's the difference between being eaten by a lion or being here when the nukes go off ? The reason I brought this up is that there are christians today who believe or are taught to believe that the 7 year tribulation period is Gods wrath . What if it's not ? These people should ready themselves for posible persecution instead of thinking they won't be here . There are many different views as to what and when Gods wrath is , and I think people should be aware of that . thanks .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.