END-TIMES IN ISLAM : What is the number of Beast = 666 ?

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Koine Greek that Christian scripture was composed in used the Miletus number system not the Roman number system. Like the Roman system, the Miletus system used letters (Greek) to repesent numbers. This system required 27 letters to stand for numbers, Nine letters were used to represent the numbers 1, 2, 3, .... 8, 9; another nine were used for 10, 20, 30, .... 80, 90; nine more were used for 100, 200, 300, ... 800, 900. So the number 666 would consist of the three letters (chi, xi and vau) representing 600 + 60 + 6 not the DCLXVI as it would be in the Roman or Latin system. There has been much conjecture on the precise meaning of the number 666. Much is made of numerology in which words are given mystical meanings by assigning numbers to the letters. Some claim it refers to Caesar Nero (AD54 – 68) who was the first Roman emperor to seriously persecute the Christians while others suggest it was Caesar Domitian (AD81- 96) who was the emperor at the time Revelation was written. Domitian was worse than Nero as far as persecutions were concerned and he was widely believed at the time to have been a reincarnation of Nero. It could hardly represent the Roman Catholic Church or the Papacy since these institutions were centuries from being formalised. It is likely the 666 refers to the Roman Empire in some way. Incidently some people have made much of the three sixes in 666. However, 666 is a place value decimal system with Arabic numerals both of which were centuries in the future. In the Miletus system there was only the one 6. It is also interesting to note that in a few ancient manuscripts the number is 616 not 666.

Anyone who attempts to use three sixes as a basis of their numerology is actually blowing smoke since in scripture there is only one six in the number. Go ahead and be as inventive as you wish about three sixes because in the end it is meaningless.

By the way, our number of interest in binary is 1010011010. Not a single six there at all. Knock yourself out in binary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The number of the Beast isn't six six six, it's six hundred and sixty-six.

So any "theory" that thinks the number is six six six is innately wrong.

Also 'w' doesn't have a value of 6. If we assign numeric values to the Latin alphabet the same way as was done to other writing systems then it would look something like this:

A 1
B 2
C 3
D 4
E 5
F 6
G 7
H 8
I 9
J 10
K 20
L 30
M 40
N 50
O 60
P 70
Q 80
R 90
S 100
T 200
U 300
V 400
W 500
Y 700
Z 800

'W' wouldn't have a value of 6, but 500.

How is the numerical value of letters being assigned in the chart the OP has?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
de-google-chrome-666-2d326bd.jpg

Heard chrome was the 666

monster-666.jpg

heard monster drink was the 666

img.jpg

heard taco bell was the 666

adobe-666.jpg

heard adobe was the 666

I'm told the illuminati hides it in there symbols.

The number isn't six six six, it's six hundred and sixty six.

Trying to read multiple sixes into things is meaningless faff.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
My brief intro : I am a chemical engineer, numerologist and follow a saint order of Islam. For the last 11 years, I have been researching on Eschatology. I have also studied New and Old Testament to increase my spectrum of information.

...................................................................................................................
What is the number of Beast = 666

Ans: In numerology, " w " has a numerical value of 6.
So 666 becomes www.

As we know now that www stands for world wide web - the protocol of Internet.

Most of us would agree that internet is the chief source of Tribulations. That's why it is called Beast since it has impacted the lives of billions of human-beings.

Once Jesus told to his disciples that: " There will be tribulations in the Skies - in the end-times".

Now we know that internet traffic is managed through satellites in our skies. Jesus was right!

chaldean-numerology2_cr.png

666 is a typo. It should be 616.

You might like to try again.

616 (number) - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
The number of the Beast isn't six six six, it's six hundred and sixty-six.

So any "theory" that thinks the number is six six six is innately wrong.

Also 'w' doesn't have a value of 6. If we assign numeric values to the Latin alphabet the same way as was done to other writing systems then it would look something like this:

A 1
B 2
C 3
D 4
E 5
F 6
G 7
H 8
I 9
J 10
K 20
L 30
M 40
N 50
O 60
P 70
Q 80
R 90
S 100
T 200
U 300
V 400
W 500
Y 700
Z 800

'W' wouldn't have a value of 6, but 500.

How is the numerical value of letters being assigned in the chart the OP has?

-CryptoLutheran

Except I and J are the same letter, U and V are the same, and there is no W; it simply does not exist.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
SIGNS OF THE END-TIMES

- State of Israel will come into existence (The first major Sign of the End-times) (1948)

Well, that one has not happened yet. If you look at the Bible it describes what the Chosen Land will be, and it encompasses far more land than modern day Israel.

Just because the name is the same doesn't mean it has happened. It hasn't.

And if one domino falls, they all fall.

Promised Land - Wikipedia

Reactions: suhail380
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
666 is a typo. It should be 616.

You might like to try again.

616 (number) - Wikipedia

That's putting it far too strongly.

There are alternate readings of the text which have 616 rather than 666, and these differences are quite old, as St. Irenaeus mentions it in the late 2nd century; Irenaeus argued that 666 was the original and correct reading. The majority reading across all text types is 666.

To say that 666 is a typo is asserting something that I simply don't think can be asserted given the current data.

I am personally of the opinion that the variation exists quite likely because the intended figure to be identified with the number is Nero. If we take the Latin reading of NERO CAESAR into Hebrew as NRW QSR we end up with a numeric value of 616, but if we take the Greek reading of NERON KAISER into Hebrew as NRWN QSR we end up with a numeric value of 666.

This obviously assumes that the author of the Apocalypse intended the use of Hebrew Gematria to decipher the meaning, which is obviously just that, an assumption; whether that is a reasonable assumption to make is up for debate. But as far as various exegesis, arguments, and theories I've personally read which make a point to understand the text critically and in its historical context it's one that has significantly stronger merit than most others (at least in my opinion).

Assuming the above, I think agreement with Irenaeus that 666 is the original reading is reasonably sound.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Except I and J are the same letter, U and V are the same, and there is no W; it simply does not exist.

Yes, if we go by the historic Latin alphabet. I was intentionally using the modern alphabet which we use as English-speakers.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I'm not big on numerology as anything more than a fun toy, since humans innately read symbolism into anything presented to them. So this already doesn't do it for me but I think there are big enough weaknesses in understanding the structure of the internet (already well covered) that does it in.

Sorry.

Upvote 0

suhail380

Senior Analyst
Sep 23, 2013
✟18,320.00
Country
Pakistan
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
To further what others said, internet traffic does not have to go through satellites. In fact, satellites are one of the slower ways to route traffic as it has to travel miles and miles up and back down and latency and bit loss are a real problem. Most traffic traverses copper and fiber optic cables over land and sea. There are massive under-sea fiber optic cables connecting most of the globe (minus Antarctica) that carry over 99 percent of the traffic at speeds approaching the speed of light - something a satellite can not even get close to.

Our topic is not that Jesus, God-forbid, told a lie to his disciples about tribulations in the skies. (In my country - big companies use satellite dishes to connect to internet with fastest speeds. So we should not indulge in a tech talk in which our knowledge is incomplete). If people focus on the subject of this thread (Number of Beast = 666) then we can avoid wasting our precious time.

Upvote 0

suhail380

Senior Analyst
Sep 23, 2013
✟18,320.00
Country
Pakistan
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married

Our topic is not that Jesus, God-forbid, told a lie to his disciples about tribulations in the skies. (In my country - big companies use satellite dishes to connect to internet with fastest speeds. So we should not indulge in a tech talk in which our knowledge is incomplete). If people focus on the subject of this thread (Number of Beast = 666) then we can avoid wasting our precious time.

How does the Internet work? (howstuffworks.com)

Even though the Internet is still a young technology, it's hard to imagine life without it now. Every year, engineers create more devices to integrate with the Internet. This network of networks crisscrosses the globe and even extends into space. But what makes it work?

To understand the Internet, it helps to look at it as a system with two main components. The first of those components is hardware. That includes everything from the cables that carry terabits of information every second to the computer sitting in front of you.

Other types of hardware that support the Internet include routers, servers, cell phone towers, satellites, radios, smartphones and other devices. All these devices together create the network of networks. The Internet is a malleable system -- it changes in little ways as elements join and leave networks around the world. Some of those elements may stay fairly static and make up the backbone of the Internet. Others are more peripheral.

These elements are connections. Some are end points -- the computer, smartphone or other device you're using to read this may count as one. We call those end points clients. Machines that store the information we seek on the Internet are servers. Other elements are nodes which serve as a connecting point along a route of traffic. And then there are the transmission lines which can be physical, as in the case of cables and fiber optics, or they can be wireless signals from satellites, cell phone or 4G towers, or radios.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

But you based your OP on blatantly wrong premises which no one is going to let you conveniently ignore. And our collective understanding of the Internet is quite complete; entirely human-designed and implemented. Sure, IPv6 and subnetting gets tricky sometimes, but it is fully comprehensible.

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
But you based your OP on blatantly wrong premises which no one is going to let you conveniently ignore. And our collective understanding of the Internet is quite complete; entirely human-designed and implemented. Sure, IPv6 and subnetting gets tricky sometimes, but it is fully comprehensible.

Magnets, how do they work?
27ytBQ6.jpg

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
How does the Internet work? (howstuffworks.com)

No one is denying that satellites are used, but as has been pointed out, transferring data across a physical medium is faster and more reliable.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,006.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
No one is denying that satellites are used, but as has been pointed out, transferring data across a physical medium is faster and more reliable.
I remember when 56K modems came out...boy did we think we hit high speed when that happened. Satellite data is in it's infancy. I have no doubt that satellite technology will catch up and could even surpass land data transfer speeds. And I'm absolutely convinced that reliability will increase and usage will grow. Wireless technology is a lot easier than running wire everywhere, which I've been doing for the past 30 years. But that's just a small piece of what the OP is trying to express.

Reactions: suhail380
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
But which didn't exist when the NT was written?

Right. My point was that the modern English 'w' wouldn't be numerically "6"; if we were to assign numeric values to the modern English alphabet, in a similar way that numeric values were assigned to the Greek alphabet, then "w" would have a value of 500.

Obviously "w" has no inherent numerical value at all, since we don't use our alphabet as a numerical system. The whole point was that if we did assign numerical values, in the ancient manner, "w" wouldn't be "6" it would be something else.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0