END-TIMES IN ISLAM : What is the number of Beast = 666 ?

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Right. My point was that the modern English 'w' wouldn't be numerically "6"; if we were to assign numeric values to the modern English alphabet, in a similar way that numeric values were assigned to the Greek alphabet, then "w" would have a value of 500.

Obviously "w" has no inherent numerical value at all, since we don't use our alphabet as a numerical system. The whole point was that if we did assign numerical values, in the ancient manner, "w" wouldn't be "6" it would be something else.

-CryptoLutheran

Thanks for explaining, but I got it without the explanation. I am not daft.

My point was simply that w did not exist so any modern interpretation of 666/616 based on www anything is anachronistic and a complete waste of time.

Upvote 0

suhail380

Senior Analyst
Sep 23, 2013
✟18,320.00
Country
Pakistan
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
..................................................................................................

I follow Hebrew Numerology. Jews are the master of this subject.

w = vav = 6 (see the following chart)

68838689e438d920987490e496d50c63.jpg

Hope above chart will end the controversy..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
..................................................................................................

Nope not even then. There is no W in the Hebrew alphabet.

Listen to what it is called; 'double u'; it is u u (or v v, because they were initially interchangeable; they are the same letter) together. If anything then W would be vav vav; not 6 at all but 6 6.

W is in English double u; in French double v. The clue is in the name.

All of which is totally beside the point because Revelation was not written in Hebrew or English. It was written in Koine Greek, which once again has an upsilon (u) but no w.

Any attempt to prise 'www' into ancient languages, let alone the numerology of ancient languages, is doomed to failure. It will end up as 'uuuuuu' or 'vvvvvv'.

Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

suhail380

Senior Analyst
Sep 23, 2013
✟18,320.00
Country
Pakistan
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
...................................................................................................................

Western people must understand that numerology had roots in Israel, Arabia, Persia and India.
In above regions, W or V has the same voice, that is Wau or و (in Arabic, Persian and Urdu).

What Internet tells about W is briefly described below:

Historically, uu for w was a result of orthography. It was commonly used in the spelling of Old High German.

In early Middle English, following the 11th-century Norman Conquest, uu gained popularity in England.

In Danish, Norwegian and Swedish languages, w is named double-v and not double-u.

The letter w was officially introduced in the Danish and Swedish alphabets as late as 1980 and 2006, respectively. It had been recognized since the conception of modern Norwegian, with the earliest official orthography rules of 1907.

In above countries, W was seen as a variant of v, and w as a letter (double-v). It is still commonly replaced by v in speech (e.g. WC being pronounced as VC, w w w as v v v, WHO as VHO, etc).

...................................................................................................................

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟734,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Not how Hebrew numerals work.

Using Hebrew numerals a number is written additively using the 100's 10's and 1's places. If you wanted to write 423 using Hebrew numerals you would take a tau (400), a kaph (20) and a gimel (3), and would therefore be written as תכג.

The number 666 would be written as 600+60+6. To write 600 requires a special case, one can either combine tau with resh (400+200), or alternatively use the ending letter form of certain characters. As such it would be written as תרסו or םסו. It would never be written with three vavs as ווו.

Because the number is not six six six. The number is six hundred and sixty-six. In St. John's Apocalypse it is written with the Greek numerals chi (600), xi (60), and digamma (6). In the manuscripts it shows up as χξϚ with a bar over it to indicate it is a number.

p47-late-3d-c-ms-666-byz-txt.jpg

codex-vaticanus-rev-13-18-666.jpg

In some later manuscripts the number is actually written out as ἑξακόσιοι ἑξήκοντα ἕξ (hexakostioi hexekonta hex, literally "six-hundred sixty six").

It's never six six six. It is therefore never vav vav vav. Leading to the whole absurdity of www completely without any material backing of any kind whatsoever.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟734,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Western people must understand that numerology had roots in Israel, Arabia, Persia and India.
In above regions, W or V has the same voice, that is Wau or و (in Arabic, Persian and Urdu).

What Internet tells about W is briefly described below:

Historically, uu for w was a result of orthography. It was commonly used in the spelling of Old High German.

In early Middle English, following the 11th-century Norman Conquest, uu gained popularity in England.

In Danish, Norwegian and Swedish languages, w is named double-v and not double-u.

The letter w was officially introduced in the Danish and Swedish alphabets as late as 1980 and 2006, respectively. It had been recognized since the conception of modern Norwegian, with the earliest official orthography rules of 1907.

In above countries, W was seen as a variant of v, and w as a letter (double-v). It is still commonly replaced by v in speech (e.g. WC being pronounced as VC, w w w as v v v, WHO as VHO, etc).

All of which is meaningless since the number isn't six six six.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

suhail380

Senior Analyst
Sep 23, 2013
✟18,320.00
Country
Pakistan
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
...............................................................................................................
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING TEXT IS MEANT FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSE ONLY. SENSITIVE OR FIXED-MINDED PERSONS ARE REQUESTED - NOT TO READ IT. THIS CAN DISTURB THEIR FEELINGS.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concept of Trinity in Islam?

The Unseen God ?

No one can know Him >> He is neither a mass nor a spirit nor an energy nor a heat. He is beyond the imagination of Creature. His personal name in Hebrew is Eloh and in Arabic - Allah. He has attributes based names : The Greatest ,The Creator, Most Merciful, The Ever-Living, , Omnipresent, Giver of Grace , Giver of Disgrace, Forgiver of Sins and so on >> infinite in attributes.

Eloh >> The Almighty God – created Adam / Eve , Noah, Abraham, Jacob , Moses, David, Solomon, Maryam, Jesus and Muhammad – peace be upon them all.

Jesus ?

Jesus is a mighty prophet of God. The Almighty God created Jesus by His WORD “ Let it be” and Jesus was created in the holy womb of Mariam ( God created Adam without father or mother and also created Eve without father or mother - every time using the Word “ Let it be”).

Holy Spirit ?

Holy Spirit = The Angel Gabriel ; God sent Angel Gabriel to Mariam to inform her about the virgin birth of a very special prophet. God says that spirit of Jesus is His best creation. Throughout the stay of Jesus on earth, God frequently used to send Angel Gabriel (Holy Spirit) to strengthen His Prophet Jesus.

............................................................................................................

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Favourofone

Dec 28, 2017
Stockhol
✟18,322.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
- Substantial increase in earthquakes (sudden increase in earthquakes noted since 1973)

This is incorrect. Number of earthquakes hasn’t increased merely our instruments for detecting them has improved.

“The number of seismic stations has increased from about 350 in 1931 to many thousands today. As a result, many more earthquakes are reported than in the past, but this is because of the vast improvement in instrumentation, rather than an increase in the number of earthquakes.”

Wikipedia

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟759,492.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
The Unseen God ?

No one can know Him >> He is neither a mass nor a spirit nor an energy nor a heat. He is beyond the imagination of Creature. His personal name in Hebrew is Eloh and in Arabic - Allah. He has attributes based names : The Greatest ,The Creator, Most Merciful, The Ever-Living, , Omnipresent, Giver of Grace , Giver of Disgrace, Forgiver of Sins and so on >> infinite in attributes.
Again I apologize for going off OP. But seeing the original poster doing so I felt was giving me permission to do so as well.

It's true, God is unseen. In the same breath God IS seen by those who know how and were to look. The Saints point towards the Soul as a hint on where to look. They may even start with the practice of contemplating the nature of the Soul to awaken their students to that aspect of themselves. The how part is seeing the activity of God within each and every Soul. Granted, it's not a direct seeing of God. It's more of a Soul to Soul type of seeing. But for those who do see it, they are crystal clear that it's God whom they are seeing. Those moments are "There is no God but God" moments. The same can be said with each of the attributes, on to infinity. As an example in my own life, I know for certain that I'm seeing the Divine shining through my infant grand-daughter every time she smiles and I hear her laughs with those sparkling beautiful eyes filling the air. God also becomes alive for me while in my Garden or while in the woods when I happen to catch a glimpse of the illuminated scene that I'm immersed in.

All of that other stuff mentioned in your post, in my opinion and in the way I know God, is just stuff.

Upvote 0

suhail380

Senior Analyst
Sep 23, 2013
✟18,320.00
Country
Pakistan
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
This is incorrect. Number of earthquakes hasn’t increased merely our instruments for detecting them has improved.

“The number of seismic stations has increased from about 350 in 1931 to many thousands today. As a result, many more earthquakes are reported than in the past, but this is because of the vast improvement in instrumentation, rather than an increase in the number of earthquakes.”

Wikipedia

Dear Favourofone Please view the following Chart (USGS Website : USGS Earthquake Hazards Program)
1973 eq.jpg

Upvote 0

suhail380

Senior Analyst
Sep 23, 2013
✟18,320.00
Country
Pakistan
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Again I apologize for going off OP. But seeing the original poster doing so I felt was giving me permission to do so as well.

It's true, God is unseen. In the same breath God IS seen by those who know how and were to look. The Saints point towards the Soul as a hint on where to look. They may even start with the practice of contemplating the nature of the Soul to awaken their students to that aspect of themselves. The how part is seeing the activity of God within each and every Soul. Granted, it's not a direct seeing of God. It's more of a Soul to Soul type of seeing. But for those who do see it, they are crystal clear that it's God whom they are seeing. Those moments are "There is no God but God" moments. The same can be said with each of the attributes, on to infinity. As an example in my own life, I know for certain that I'm seeing the Divine shining through my infant grand-daughter every time she smiles and I hear her laughs with those sparkling beautiful eyes filling the air. God also becomes alive for me while in my Garden or while in the woods when I happen to catch a glimpse of the illuminated scene that I'm immersed in All of that other stuff mentioned in your post, in my opinion and in the way I know God, is just stuff.

.................................................................. ......
Dear dlamberth

"Granted, it's not a direct seeing of God. It's more of a Soul to Soul type of seeing".

Yes are absolutely right.

"As an example in my own life, I know for certain that I'm seeing the Divine shining through my infant grand-daughter every time she smiles and I hear her laughs with those sparkling beautiful eyes filling the air. God also becomes alive for me while in my Garden or while in the woods when I happen to catch a glimpse of the illuminated scene that I'm immersed in".

Beautiful example! I believe you have a spirit of saints.

God bless you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

suhail380

Senior Analyst
Sep 23, 2013
✟18,320.00
Country
Pakistan
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
What part of the Koran says that these are the end of times?

........................... Good Question ................................

Chapter 54 Verse 1 of Koran told the Sign for Nearness of the End-times:

Al-Koran, 054-(Al-Qamar [The Moon])

054.001 The Hour (of Judgment) is nigh, and (when) the moon is torn asunder.

" when the moon is torn asunder" -This happened in1969.

Apollo 11 was the spaceflight that landed the first two humans on the Moon. Mission commander Neil Armstrong and pilot Buzz Aldrin, both American, landed the lunar module Eagle on July 20, 1969, at 20:18 UTC.

Armstrong became the first to step onto the lunar surface six hours after landing on July 21 at 02:56:15 UTC; Aldrin joined him about 20 minutes later.

They spent about two and a quarter hours together outside the spacecraft, and tore asunder lunar (surface) material and collected samples weighing 47.5 pounds (21.5 kg) to bring back to Earth.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My brief intro : I am a chemical engineer, numerologist and follow a saint order of Islam. For the last 11 years, I have been researching on Eschatology. I have also studied New and Old Testament to increase my spectrum of information.

What is the number of Beast = 666

Ans: In numerology, " w " has a numerical value of 6.
So 666 becomes www.

If you think gematria with English letters means anything.

As we know now that www stands for world wide web - the protocol of Internet.

The protocol if the Internet is TCP/IP.

Most of us would agree that internet is the chief source of Tribulations.

Not really.

Now we know that internet traffic is managed through satellites in our skies.

Actually, most of it runs through undersea/underground cables.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Favourofone

Dec 28, 2017
Stockhol
✟18,322.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Favourofone Please view the following Chart (USGS Website : USGS Earthquake Hazards Program)

You do realize that only shows detected earthquakes and as mentioned our surveillance equipment is getting better all the time so we detect more earthquakes.

What is so difficult to understand in this ?

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Those charts don't indicate an increase, just an oscillation around a steady average.

And the USGS says: "The ComCat earthquake catalog contains an increasing number of earthquakes in recent years not because there are more earthquakes, but because there are more seismic instruments and they are able to record more earthquakes."

Upvote 0