Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What is the quote from it, I am curious.
Narrated Umm Atiyyah al-Ansariyyah:
A woman used to perform circumcision in Medina. The Prophet (ﷺ) said to her: Do not cut severely as that is better for a woman and more desirable for a husband.
Abu Dawud said: It has been transmitted by 'Ubaid Allah b. 'Amr from 'Abd al-Malik to the same effect through a different chain.
Abu Dawud said: It is not a strong tradition. It has been transmitted in mursal form (missing the link of the Companions)
Abu Dawud said: Muhammad b. Hasan is obscure, and this tradition is weak.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Narrated Umm Atiyyah al-Ansariyyah:
A woman used to perform circumcision in Medina. The Prophet (ﷺ) said to her: Do not cut severely as that is better for a woman and more desirable for a husband.
Abu Dawud said: It has been transmitted by 'Ubaid Allah b. 'Amr from 'Abd al-Malik to the same effect through a different chain.
Abu Dawud said: It is not a strong tradition. It has been transmitted in mursal form (missing the link of the Companions)
Abu Dawud said: Muhammad b. Hasan is obscure, and this tradition is weak.
So now you don't believe all.of that book inspired Islamic religious material, then cut out the sections you don't like. Easy fix, here are your scissors.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you don't believe all the words of hadith then cut out the words you don't like, easy fix.that's what Lincoln did with the Bible. But is it right? Not in a long shot. Basically you proved my point for me in finding that verse about female circumsision in Islamic religious material. Thanks. I guess we are done here. Fine debate.very fine.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you don't believe all the words of hadith then cut out the words you don't like, easy fix.that's what Lincoln did with the Bible. But is it right? Not in a long shot. Basically you proved my point for me in finding that verse about female circumsision in Islamic religious material. Thanks. I guess we are done here. Fine debate.very fine.
LOL. Yeah, just ignore the fact that it has no connection to Muhammad and Islamic scholars do not accept it and then you have nothing to worry about. The Hadith are not the Bible, it is not a holy book. It is a collection of narrations which often times contradict one another which is why there is a grading system and the person who compiled this narration said it was weak. They know that people falsely manufactured hadiths to support some kind of belief which is why a necessary component is the chain of narration which leads all the way back to Muhammad, which this narration does not have.

2 days ago you didn't even know what a Hadith was but now I guess you are an expert. I won't question your judgment Imam.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
LOL. Yeah, just ignore the fact that it has no connection to Muhammad and Islamic scholars do not accept it and then you have nothing to worry about. The Hadith are not the Bible, it is not a holy book. It is a collection of narrations which often times contradict one another which is why there is a grading system and the person who compiled this narration said it was weak. They know that people falsely manufactured hadiths to support some kind of belief which is why a necessary component is the chain of narration which leads all the way back to Muhammad, which this narration does not have.

2 days ago you didn't even know what a Hadith was but now I guess you are an expert. I won't question your judgment Imam.
Sorry if I don't take your word for it, as a non Muslim.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Sorry if I don't take your word for it, as a non Muslim.
Well, as a Non-Muslim I can actually be objective. I think Islam is a horribly disgusting religion and if I thought that FGM is something that could actually stick and be used to further show this fact then I would have no problem proving it. Unfortunately there is not enough evidence to prove it and I must remain consistent and honest because that is the standard I hold myself to. If I just wanted to smear Islam then I would have just quoted the Hadith without providing what the person who compiled it said about it. He said it was weak and the chain of narration did not go back to Muhammad which means in Islamic jurisprudence it cannot be used as a basis for any laws.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, as a Non-Muslim I can actually be objective. I think Islam is a horribly disgusting religion and if I thought that FGM is something that could actually stick and be used to further show this fact then I would have no problem proving it. Unfortunately there is not enough evidence to prove it and I must remain consistent and honest because that is the standard I hold myself to. If I just wanted to smear Islam then I would have just quoted the Hadith without providing what the person who compiled it said about it. He said it was weak and the chain of narration did not go back to Muhammad which means in Islamic jurisprudence it cannot be used as a basis for any laws.
Still, coming from a non muslim, you do not have direct knowledge of the importance of the hadith to the religious muslim.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Still, coming from a non muslim, you do not have direct knowledge of the importance of the hadith to the religious muslim.
Actually I do. I guess unbelievers can't know how important the Bible is to us Christians since they aren't Christians right? It would be totally impossible for them to listen or read about what a Christian believes and then be able to articulate it to somebody else. They would need to have crazy things like eyes, ears and a brain and as all Christians know, God only gives these things to us believers. This is what Jesus meant when he said we are born again because we get brand new body parts which the unbelievers do not possess.:doh:

• Haha
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually I do. I guess unbelievers can't know how important the Bible is to us Christians since they aren't Christians right? It would be totally impossible for them to listen or read about what a Christian believes and then be able to articulate it to somebody else. They would need to have crazy things like eyes, ears and a brain and as all Christians know, God only gives these things to us believers. This is what Jesus meant when he said we are born again because we get brand new body parts which the unbelievers do not possess.:doh:

So when the Bible says that the Bible is spiritually discerned. How can one understand that does not have a spirit?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums