West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everything they do is based on what Muhammad and his companions did. It's hard to criticize them from an Islamic standpoint because they can show Muhammad doing the same thing and the Quran says that Muhammad is the highest example which all Muslims should emulate. Muhammad also said that the best generation of Muslims is his generation, then the 2nd, then the 3rd and this is where all of the beliefs and practices of ISIS come from. Saudi Arabia has taken a similar approach but they tend to compromise in regards to their monarchy and when it is politically expedient, and ISIS doesn't compromise at all. We are lucky that not all Muslims take this same approach or else we would be forced to wipe them all out.

torturing christians and putting them in industial mixers, is part of what mohammed did? I thought he just killed, usually in cold blood for war, but not torture.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
torturing christians and putting them in industial mixers, is part of what mohammed did? I thought he just killed, usually in cold blood for war, but not torture.
He used torture on numerous occasions. When he conquered a Jewish tribe in Arabia, he captured one of their leaders and had his men light a fire on his chest until he revealed where they hid their treasure. After they got the information, he was beheaded. He also took men who committed murder, and had their eyes gouged out, then their arms and legs cut off and they were left to bleed out.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He used torture on numerous occasions. When he conquered a Jewish tribe in Arabia, he captured one of their leaders and had his men light a fire on his chest until he revealed where they hid their treasure. After they got the information, he was beheaded. He also took men who committed murder, and had their eyes gouged out, then their arms and legs cut off and they were left to bleed out.

lovely fellow. So again this proves that islamic like to torture others and now them selves with mutilation. Also these guys would disagree with your version of islam:

30,000 Muslims just met to condemn Isis

Last edited:
Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
lovely fellow. So again this proves that islamic like to torture others and now them selves with mutilation. Also these guys would disagree with your version of islam:

30,000 Muslims just met to condemn Isis
It's not my version of Islam, it is true Islam. Plus the people being spoken about are Ahmadiyya Muslims and most Muslims around then world don't even consider them Muslims. They are considered apostates and infidels and lower than even Jews and Christians.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are plenty of vile things in Islam but this practice cannot be attributed to it. The majority of people who do it, happen to be Muslims but it is an African practice. Nothing in Islam forbids it and there have been clerics who have supported it throughout history but there is nothing that says it is mandatory.

The classic texts of the early church fathers were abhorant of sex in general, and the idea that women could want it or enjoy it was overtly sinful to them.

"FGM is found mostly within and adjacent to Muslim communities in Central-North Africa, but it is not required by Islam or practiced in most Muslim countries, and prevalence rates vary according to ethnicity, not religion.[15] However, Muslim views are claimed[16][17][18] to have permitted, justified, even encouraged FGM, over human history."

"
The Christian Bible (New Testament) does not mention female circumcision (i.e. removal of clitoral hood ) or female genital mutilation (i.e. clitoridectomy and infibulation).[89][90]

Christian authorities unanimously agree that FGM (i.e. clitoridectomy and infibulation) has no foundation in the religious texts of Christianity.[91] Some Christian women, in Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania, however do undergo a procedure of genital mutilation believing it to be a religious requirement.[91]

In Africa, missionaries have tried to discourage FGM (i.e. clitoridectomy and infibulation). However, in some instances, in order to retain converts from other religions, they have either ignored or condoned the continuation of these practices. When in the 1930s European Christians tried to make opposition to FGM a condition of church membership and a test of loyalty, they provoked a far-reaching campaign in colonial Kenya. Mary Nyangweso, a Kenyan researcher who studies "the interplay of religion, culture, and gender",[92] states, "Christianity, it is important to stress, does not advocate the total eradication of the Nandi female initiation rite. Rather it advocates the need to eradicate the practice of female circumcision that involves clitoridectomy and excision because it is physically unhealthy and does not conform to Christian teaching. The initiation rite can continue to be practised and the actual circumcision can be replaced by some other symbolic acts not harmful to women's bodies. This can be derived from the culture itself or Scripture that now forms part of the Nandi way of life."[93]"

a quote from here:

Religious views on female genital mutilation - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
FGM is found mostly within and adjacent to Muslim communities in Central-North Africa, but it is not required by Islam or practiced in most Muslim countries, and prevalence rates vary according to ethnicity, not religion.[15] However, Muslim views are claimed[16][17][18] to have permitted, justified, even encouraged FGM, over human history.

a quote from here:

Religious views on female genital mutilation - Wikipedia
Yeah. This is pretty much exactly what I said in my first post. I said there have been clerics throughout history who have supported the practice but most of these clerics would not go as far as saying it was mandatory.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Way to generalize buddy. Twist of Christianity, eh? See here:

Religion of Africa - Wikipedia

Now go check your source from NCBI and see how prevalent FGM is in Ethiopia and Eritrea. Then compare that to the percent of Christians in those countries in my source. (90% practice FGM in those countries and they are 62.5% and 62.8% Christian respectively). There are more examples, but that is enough to show that you don't care about Christian FGM and must think it's okay if you're going to start a thread about FGM but specifically ignore when Christians do it.

So, does Islam do it? Yep. Do they do it more than any other religion? Probably. Are there a ton of Christians that do it? Yep. How come the other children don't matter to you?

Also, I didn't make anything up. I hadn't cited a source yet, sure, but that doesn't mean I didn't already know the facts. You just made up ISIS persecution out of thin air... you "bet" huh?

Regardless of who does it, how does the OP propose to stop it?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah. This is pretty much exactly what I said in my first post. I said there have been clerics throughout history who have supported the practice but most of these clerics would not go as far as saying it was mandatory.
so then why are the muslims doing it and the jews and christians not? because it's a muslim thing, is the obvious answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Probably just to make people hate Muslims.
so you actually like religions of terror? Sharia law? Muhammed picked out of all the nomadic dieties of mecca a moon God to worship. And It is that moon God that is what is called God in islam. They then proceeded to kill, starting with muhammed, through the crusades, to this very day. The same jihad, the same public sharia law. How then can you agree with them that want to kill christians. And people who started the forum you are now on are the same christians they want to kill.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
so then why are the muslims doing it and the jews and christians not? because it's a muslim thing, is the obvious answer.
Are you reading the sources, which even you have cited? This is an African practice. Christians in Africa do practice it. Ethiopian Jews do practice it. Muslims in Africa do practice it. The common factor if you are still unaware is AFRICA. It has absolutely no basis in any of the three religions. If this was a "Muslim thing," I can guarantee you that both ISIS and Saudi Arabia would be practicing it, but they don't. I have no problem condemning Islam and their barbaric and violent practices but when I do so, I make 100% sure that I am being accurate and have irrefutable proof to back me up. If this had a basis in the Quran or in a statement by Muhammad, I would tell you and that would be enough proof to show that this is indeed a "Muslim thing," but that evidence does not exist. The only evidence there is, shows that there have been Muslim clerics in history who have promoted it. This is not enough proof because the same case can be made against the African Christians and Jews who have practiced it and obviously this practice has no basis in Christianity or Judaism.

Terrorism, beheadings, mutilation, crucifixion, torture, slavery, sex slavery, etc. all have a basis in Islam, this practice does not.

Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
so you actually like religions of terror? Sharia law? Muhammed picked out of all the nomadic dieties of mecca a moon God to worship. And It is that moon God that is what is called God in islam. They then proceeded to kill, starting with muhammed, through the crusades, to this very day. The same jihad, the same public sharia law. How then can you agree with them that want to kill christians. And people who started the forum you are now on are the same christians they want to kill.
I thought I was blocked.

So if I don't hate all Muslims then I feel the way you've described? Nonsense, pure nonsense.

Sounds like my assessment of the point of this thread was spot-on.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you reading the sources, which even you have cited? This is an African practice. Christians in Africa do practice it. Ethiopian Jews do practice it. Muslims in Africa do practice it. The common factor if you are still unaware is AFRICA. It has absolutely no basis in any of the three religions. If this was a "Muslim thing," I can guarantee you that both ISIS and Saudi Arabia would be practicing it, but they don't. I have no problem condemning Islam and their barbaric and violent practices but when I do so, I make 100% sure that I am being accurate and have irrefutable proof to back me up. If this had a basis in the Quran or in a statement by Muhammad, I would tell you and that would be enough proof to show that this is indeed a "Muslim thing," but that evidence does not exist. The only evidence there is, shows that there have been Muslim clerics in history who have promoted it. This is not enough proof because the same case can be made against the African Christians and Jews who have practiced it and obviously this practice has no basis in Christianity or Judaism.

Terrorism, beheadings, mutilation, crucifixion, torture, slavery, sex slavery, etc. all have a basis in Islam, this practice does not.
try reading the material again, you are totally wrong here. But I won't do your homework for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
try reading the material again, you are totally wrong here. But I won't do your homework for you.
Where do you think I got the information about the Ethiopian Jews from? I have done all the homework for you but you refuse to accept the truth. Islam is a religion full of evil things so how about you pick something that can actually be attributed to it. You can't show me where it calls for it in the Quran, where Muhammad says to have it done or why it doesn't take place in the birth place of Islam which is Saudi Arabia when they enact everything else down to the letter that Muhammad said to do.

Why are you unable to admit that this is an African practice? Why was this occurring in Africa, long before Islam if Islam is the cause? Why are the Non-Muslims in Africa doing it? Hmmmmm, all this talk of Africa really makes me think it is an African practice....don't you think so?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where do you think I got the information about the Ethiopian Jews from? I have done all the homework for you but you refuse to accept the truth. Islam is a religion full of evil things so how about you pick something that can actually be attributed to it. You can't show me where it calls for it in the Quran, where Muhammad says to have it done or why it doesn't take place in the birth place of Islam which is Saudi Arabia when they enact everything else down to the letter that Muhammad said to do.

Why are you unable to admit that this is an African practice? Why was this occurring in Africa, long before Islam if Islam is the cause? Why are the Non-Muslims in Africa doing it? Hmmmmm, all this talk of Africa really makes me think it is an African practice....don't you think so?

sorry but you are reading only what you like and conveniently omitting the rest. I already added the rest of this in the op. But you have no point here, so move on.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
sorry but you are reading only what you like and conveniently omitting the rest. I already added the rest of this in the op. But you have no point here, so move on.
At least you admit that you have lost. The op is now full of contradictions which you refuse to see. One line says lets end Islamic FGM, the next line says it has nothing to do with religion. You say that you haven't heard of it in Christianity because it isn't mentioned in the Bible even though you will find no mention of it in the Quran either. You say that Christians unanimously agree that FGM is bad but obviously this isn't the case in Africa.

How about you accurately attack Islam or move on. Christians are being killed in accordance with Islamic law and you would rather speak on something that has no basis in Islamic law.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At least you admit that you have lost. The op is now full of contradictions which you refuse to see. One line says lets end Islamic FGM, the next line says it has nothing to do with religion. You say that you haven't heard of it in Christianity because it isn't mentioned in the Bible even though you will find no mention of it in the Quran either. You say that Christians unanimously agree that FGM is bad but obviously this isn't the case in Africa.

How about you accurately attack Islam or move on. Christians are being killed in accordance with Islamic law and you would rather speak on something that has no basis in Islamic law.
Try again sir, you refute nothing. That I can tell anyway. Cheers!

Upvote 0