encouragement for breakup and a broken heart

Jan 10, 2009
✟7,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Dear all,

Last Saturday my girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me. The relationship was on and off; we had broken up twice prior to this last breakup. She was my first true love and through our time together she has caused my to grow and mature in ways I never imagined. After the first time we broke up (two years ago) I turned to the Lord for help, and my relationship with Him has grown greatly because of it.

This final breakup has left me depressed and brokenhearted. After we got back together for a second time (this past July) I thought it was God's way of saying that my ex was the girl I was destined to marry. Our relationship had all the signs of leading to a marriage. We discussed future living arrangements, kids, etc. Now I don't know where to turn. I've thrown myself back into the word, trying to find an answer to this breakup. I pray multiple times a day. Unfortunately, my heart desires only to get back together with my ex. I keep asking the Lord to bring us back together because I thought she was the girl He set aside for me to marry one day.

Please pray for me. I need encouragement and a way to break loose from this depression. Pray for my ex, and pray that if it is in God's plan for me and her, that my ex and I can work out our issues and get back together.

Thanks.

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father God, may he question the problems that caused them to break up in the past and see if there is anything he can do on his part to correct it. What does his gf say, what does she think and want from him?. May he think about it. I pray that if this couple is meant to be together as husband and wife one day, that You will cause it to work out and bring them back together in due time, In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Praying that you be healed and if it be God's will that this relationship be restored, renewed, and be solid.

I suppose you have talked it out. But if more of that will help..praying for clarity and wisdom for you in what you share. May God's love touch you both during this difficult time of transition.

peace :pray:

Upvote 0
P

Ps145

This is meant to be somewhat lighthearted, but certainly not cavalier.

I dated girl whose parents were both married 3 times.

All 3 times to each other.

In the immortal words of Sir Winston Churchill, "Never give up. Never never, never, never, never, never, never, never give up."

Pray for her. FOR her. Not about her. Pray every day, on your knees, through the scripture, and leave the agenda outside the prayer closet. God will lead. You will know when it's time, what way the Lord is leading.

I pray You give this young man wisdom Lord, and help him to pray, according to Your will.

Upvote 0
Jan 10, 2009
✟7,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thank you all for your replies. It is been tough because I'm regretting a lot of what I contributed to the breakup. And on top of that, I've been asking the Lord to change the desires of my heart if it is not for my ex and me to get back together, yet I wake up every day and all I want is to get back together with her.

Please continue to pray for me and this situation.

Upvote 0

ebob8b

Senior Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
Midwest
✟8,037.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Dear Brother, I am Praying for you and your girlfriend that everything will work out according to God's Will. If the two of you are meant to be together, it will happen. Have Faith and continue to Pray and ask God for His help in repairing this relationship. God Bless You both as you accept His will for your life.

Warm Christian Love, Bro Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums