Visit site
✟434,811.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Update: I was called over to the in-laws home; he was laying on the floor blocking the door. Had to get in, get him up and in bed, call the ambulance, and now he is in intensive care. Difficulty breathing, indicates a weight on his chest though the EMT ruled out heart attack. They’re supposed to have a regular doctor in the ICU, anyway. Now we are going to the dacha to shut it down for the winter; and be ready to hurry back on a moment’s notice. Please pray for us if you can!

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,811.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My FIL, Vladimir, died in the night. Although not a believer, he had been baptized and accepted unction and communion yesterday. Born in the middle of the Stalinist Terror, his father killed in a weapons explosion in 1939 when he was very small, he grew up fatherless and became a great father and grandfather. Over the past 29 years, I have come to love him as a father. Now I have to navigate the Russian funeral system. Prayers appreciated!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,811.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The funeral is today. Having gone around the hospital, getting a document rejecting an autopsy, ordering all of the stuff from the funeral services (they don’t deal with the body itself here; that is done at the hospital morgue), arranging to have the body properly prepared at the latter, and other preparations... Too busy to grieve.

Upvote 0