✟347,680.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Maybe add this to your constitution:

• A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  • A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  • A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
Did you not see I, Robot? That never works!

Upvote 0

cradleGO

Road Map
Aug 20, 2021
Eastern
✟23,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Maybe add this to your constitution:

• A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  • A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  • A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
I don't see the need for the 3rd Law. I am not up on the sci-fi or real scenario thinking on robot laws, but that 3rd one seems like it benefits the owner of the 'bot, but may cause conflicts and potential harm. Plus, "harm" has to be defined as imprisonment, detainment, isolation, etc., not just pain and physical suffering. That could be relaxed but for the 3rd Law.

Upvote 0

cradleGO

Road Map
Aug 20, 2021
Eastern
✟23,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
sounds expensive.
That is what it comes down to: money. I see robots as the future. Very few humans will be employed and there will be fewer and fewer in an endless progression/regression. Humans that are employed will be those aiding essential to the production of robots; aiding the care and feeding of those humans; those that amuse those humans via art and sports; and not too many others - those in odd jobs that a robot would be more expensive. Other humans would receive stipends to live and would be dis-incented from reproducing. Welcome to 2525.

Upvote 0