WI
✟76,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gotta walk the dog while it's still warm outside. I'll be back.
Off-topic. This thread does not pertain to canine exercise, outdoor temperatures, nor the status of proximity to one's keyboard.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow, I did not see this off-topic racist rant from left field coming.
Racist? That's rather unkind of you. And unjust.
I should have been more thorough and listed Finland and other countries also leaving the usa spinning in the dus?

Nor is it a " rant".

If you wish to dismiss, ignore the obvious and
well known, that's your deal, but calling me a racist
is not going to fix the problem.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,740.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you did, then you would know, that as the head of a company, it is the CEO's job to make sure his workers don't get killed by having the necessay safety precautions and equipment in placee. That's common sense, because to have injuries and deaths that are easily preventable by having the right equipment and precautions in place is lawsuit territory.
It's common sense that the head of a company should do everything he or she can to avoid deaths or injuries so they don't face lawsuits.
I know where you got this idea that other humans are responsible for your safety. You got it in childhood, where your viability is ensured by your parents. The question is, assuming you're an adult, why do you still think this?

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad you included that. I agree that solving all problems on Earth should be a priority over spending billions sending people wandering around into the nothingness for no reason.

We were bored with moon missions immediately after the first moon landing. I had a cousin who was one of the early '70's Apollo astronauts, and I can't even remember his name without Googling. They brought us back some rocks. :| I have rocks in my backyard. They tried to justify the effort and expense saying "we got microwave ovens and Tang". We would have gotten those anyway, and Tang is nasty. I wish someone could explain to me the enthusiasm for "space exploration".
Because one day we will have the technology of dealing with telephone sanitizers, account executives, hairdressers, tired TV producers, insurance salesmen, personnel officers, security guards, public relations executives, and management consultants.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,740.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Racist? That's rather unkind of you. And unjust.
I should have been more thorough and listed Finland and other countries also leaving the usa spinning in the dus?

Nor is it a " rant".

If you wish to dismiss, ignore the obvious and
well known, that's your deal, but calling me a racist
is not going to fix the problem.
No worries. It's all good. I'd rather have people like you honestly express their hate rather than keep it secret. That way I know what I'm dealing with.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟76,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know where you got this idea that other humans are responsible for your safety. You got it in childhood, where your viability is ensured by your parents. The question is, assuming you're an adult, why do you still think this?
This thread was not supposed to become a debate. It was just highlighting issues with massive corporations. Go start a new thread Mr. Flat Earther (from Flatland) if you want to debate here. Nothing peaceful or understanding at all here. Some folks put on a facade, just to look good, only for their true colors to show. If someone is open to putting workers in dangerous situations, or no safeguards, then that someone needs to be put into that worker's situation, and maybe he will think twice about bashing safety protocols.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,740.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This thread was not supposed to become a debate. It was just highlighting issues with massive corporations. Go start a new thread Mr. Flat Earther (from Flatland) if you want to debate here. Nothing peaceful or understanding at all here. Some folks put on a facade, just to look good, only for their true colors to show. If someone is open to putting workers in dangerous situations, or no safeguards, then that someone needs to be put into that worker's situation, and maybe he will think twice about bashing safety protocols.
Alright, I'll leave your thread then. But in the future, when you make a thread, you might want to preface your OP with "DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU AGREE WITH ME".

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No worries. It's all good. I'd rather have people like you honestly express their hate rather than keep it secret. That way I know what I'm dealing with.
You've no idea whatever, just your
mean spirited fantasy.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟76,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Alright, I'll leave your thread then. But in the future, when you make a thread, you might want to preface your OP with "DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU AGREE WITH ME".
Yes, I will do that next time. God bless, and good day. Thanks for leaving my thread.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,949.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Because I actually work and I take part in work safety seminars for work which hammer in the point, correctly, that work place safety is on everyone in the work place and company.

It's comments like yous that either show that you're in fact a complete numpty who's never actually worked a seeious day in their life, or your just a troll. I'd put money on the latter.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We were bored with moon missions immediately after the first moon landing. I had a cousin who was one of the early '70's Apollo astronauts, and I can't even remember his name without Googling. They brought us back some rocks. :| I have rocks in my backyard. They tried to justify the effort and expense saying "we got microwave ovens and Tang". We would have gotten those anyway, and Tang is nasty. I wish someone could explain to me the enthusiasm for "space exploration".
Most of the today's commonplace technology was theoretical research 30 years ago, with no evident practical value.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most of the today's commonplace technology was theoretical research 30 years ago, with no evident practical value.
This has been pointed out 10,000 times but
the willfully ignorant go right back to the same vacuous
complaints.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,740.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I know I said I'd leave the thread because I disagree with everyone, but I thought it over, and I've changed my mind. I agree that:

1. Space exploration is not boring at all; it's super cool.
  2. Other people are responsible to take care of me.
  3. I wish I lived in a superior culture like China, where Big Brother is always looking out for you.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know I said I'd leave the thread because I disagree with everyone, but I thought it over, and I've changed my mind. I agree that:

1. Space exploration is not boring at all; it's super cool.
  2. Other people are responsible to take care of me.
  3. I wish I lived in a superior culture like China, where Big Brother is always looking out for you.
Stay gone

• Haha
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums