W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the verse. I never said the kingdom is eating or drinkng. this thread is about works of the flesh, such as eating swine.

Paul taught that one of the works of the flesh is uncleanness - which is caused by, but not limited to, eating unclean animals.
No, Paul says that all things (all food) are pure. I cannot believe you are being serious. Thanks for the thread, have a nice evening/day. God bless you, and us all. :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Since you're a Judaizer, how do you feel about "he that is hanged is accursed of God".
This is a major reason why many Jews reject Christ as Messiah.
Well said! His secret is exposed hehehe

Genesis 1:1 (YLT)
"gehenna" occurs 12 times in 12 verses in theYLT.

Matthew 3:7 Being aware yet many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming upon the baptism of him he said to them "produce of vipers! who shows to ye to be fleeing from the being about wrath

Mat 23:15
'Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye go round the sea and the dry land to make one proselyte,
and whenever it may happen -- ye make him a son of gehenna twofold more than yourselves.

Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of the tormenting of Them is ascending into Ages to-Ages.

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The Temple now presented little more than a heap of ruins ; and the Roman army as in triumph on the event,.....................

Being closely associated with the Temple, the Sadducees disappeared from history when the Temple was destroyed in 70.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will give you the explanation of my Church.

God did not create anything innately unclean in any spiritual sense, to think so is blasphemy. But the distinction of unclean in context is important: "holy" literally means "set apart". Just as the Jews are set apart for holiness, certain animals are set apart. But when the Jews rejected Christ (which according to Paul is a good thing for gentiles), it meant the covenant was now open to all peoples; in reflection of this, all animals likewise became clean. All peoples are open to holiness. And Peter's dream in Acts 10 is about this: the ancient way of baptizing is threefold immersion (this is still how my Church does it), and that is what the unclean animals being lowered with the sheet over and over represents. Baptism is what makes you clean now, not being Jewish, and God in showing all the animals being lowered three times shows they are all clean. To follow the old dietary restrictions, is the same as saying circumcision is what sanctifies you, not baptism. It's rejecting the now universal religion that God has given us, a religion for everyone.

Now you can follow any diet you want for all sorts of reasons, but don't go claiming God cares about a kosher diet. Now that the faith of God is a universal faith, what matters is your heart, and that is where God will look to see if you are unclean.
If God didn't care about what we ate, he wouldn't have spoken the words recorded in Leviticus 11.

And if it didn't matter what we ate, why would the Jerusalem Council in Acts 15 give the gentile believers 4 starting points, several of which had to do with what they ate?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You stated:

Since you believe chowing down on pork and shellfish is "uncleanness" (I think you mean uncleanliness), you're also saying we're not going to get into heaven.....thus, you believe we aren't saved if we partake in those delicacies.

So yes, you're questioning our salvation.
Paul was the one that said those who practice uncleanness do not inherit the kingdom of God - Galatians 5:19

Your beef is with Paul, not me.

You can't be mad at me if I show what a work of the flesh is, and you're doing it(whatever that work of flesh may be)

I quoted Galatians 5:19 in the original post. Did you read it?

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, Paul says that all things (all food) are pure. I cannot believe you are being serious. Thanks for the thread, have a nice evening/day. God bless you, and us all. :)
Would you like to provide a verse so we can take a look at the context?

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Since you're a Judaizer, how do you feel about "he that is hanged is accursed of God"? This is a major reason why many Jews reject Christ as Messiah.
Christ took the curse upon himself. What's your point?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Would you like to provide a verse so we can take a look at the context?
I already posted it once.

Romans 14:14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Romans 14:14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Maybe he doesn't like Paul?

Problems with Paul

Lisa*Lisa said:
So I"m reading the bible cover to cover, like any other book, in an attempt to get greater understanding, learning and growing in my relationship with God. (I don't belong to a church and won't)

Everything was going just fine.........till I got to romans, then I started having a problem here.

I'm having severe internal conflict now because I'm seeing contradictions in pauls letters.

Please help me out here.

Paul the false apostle

Thus far, I have shown that Paul's concept of God's foreknowledge, and his doctrine of predestination not only do not exist in Yeshua's words or the Hebrew Scriptures, but there is much evidence to the contrary to be found in them. We might call this the DNA evidence against him (Doctrine Not Accurate). It is an important part of the case against him. But it is by no means all the evidence there is against his supposed authority. There is more than enough evidence to suggest that he was not even a true apostle of Yeshua... let alone the greatest apostle who ever lived as he is so often eulogized.

There are a number of historical facts, including things that both Yeshua and Paul said as recorded in the Bible, that leave us with some very compelling evidence against his apostleship being recognized in heaven....................

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The word clean should not have been used. Do a search on BlueLetterBible.org and you will see that the word Paul used was actually "common", and not the word for unclean, as we understand it according to Leviticus 11.

It should read:

I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing common of itself; but to him who considers anything to be common, to him it is common.

We don't get to pick and choose what's clean and unclean. God decides that and made it clear in Leviticus 11. Now, whether someone considers meat COMMON is a whole other debate.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gotta hand it to you, Dkh.....trolls usually don't make it over 500 posts.
I actually got a badge earlier called "addict" LOL

All jokes aside, was it Paul, or me, that wrote a list of sins in Galatians 5 of things that will keep people out of the Kingdom, one of which was uncleanness?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe he doesn't like Paul?

Problems with Paul

Lisa*Lisa said:
So I"m reading the bible cover to cover, like any other book, in an attempt to get greater understanding, learning and growing in my relationship with God. (I don't belong to a church and won't)

Everything was going just fine.........till I got to romans, then I started having a problem here.

I'm having severe internal conflict now because I'm seeing contradictions in pauls letters.

Please help me out here.
What contradictions would that be?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The word clean should not have been used. Do a search on BlueLetterBible.org and you will see that the word Paul used was actually "common", and not the word for unclean, as we understand it according to Leviticus 11.

It should read:

We don't get to pick and choose what's clean and unclean. God decides that and made it clear in Leviticus 11. Now, whether someone considers meat COMMON is a whole other debate.
That doesnt fit the context though.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That doesnt fit the context though.
How does it not fit the context? Paul used the word "common", not "unclean"

do you understand the difference between common and unclean? They are 2 separate words that mean 2 different things.

2 Corinthians 6:17, Paul uses the word "unclean" and quotes God. The Greek word used is akarthartos

Romans 14:14 Paul uses the word "koinos".

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How does it not fit the context? Paul used the word "common", not "unclean"

do you understand the difference between common and unclean? They are 2 separate words that mean 2 different things.
Im listening...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.