Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I haven't questioned anybody's salvation in here.
You stated:
Uncleanness is one of many things that keeps people out of the Kingdom.
Since you believe chowing down on pork and shellfish is "uncleanness" (I think you mean uncleanliness), you're also saying we're not going to get into heaven.....thus, you believe we aren't saved if we partake in those delicacies.

So yes, you're questioning our salvation.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Because it was pretty much already understood that they're not supposed to eat unclean animals... Did Christ have to teach on inappropriate behavior with animals and homosexuality and witches and wizards? NO! It was already made clear through God's Law and the Prophets..

They understood certain things, but the Israelites and Pharisees were missing out on many other things, like justice, faith & mercy. Christ taught us to do it all. The lighter and weightier matters of the Law of God.

So then what law did Jesus fulfill?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Who ever said that the "word of God" is the New Testament?

The Word of God was Jesus..................
Yep. Now if only we can get the Jews and Muslims to believe that........

Stoning of Stephen against the Law
Stoning of Stephen against the Law

Acts 7:
56 and said, "Look! I see the heavens having been opened and the Son of the Man standing out of rights of the God!"
59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon [the Lord], and saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit"

Reve 19:
11 And I perceived the heaven being opened and behold! A white horse and the One sitting on it being called Faithful and True. And in justice He is judging and battling.
13 And having been about cast/clothed cloak, having been dipped to blood
and hath been called, the Name of Him, the Word of the God.

Upvote 0

Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Eating unclean animals makes us unclean (Leviticus 11)

Uncleanness is a work of the flesh (Galatians 5)

We find out what makes us unclean through God's law, do we not?

We can't just say "uncleanness" is a work of the flesh, but not know what uncleanness is, and what makes us unclean. That's not how it works..
We know exactly what it is (Matthew 15:11).

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you sure your not a Jew in disguise?

50bf0216b5830a29407ade243d88c907--funny-jew-jokes-jewish-humor.jpg

You started 2 threads and both of them in relation to Jews:

https://www.christianforums.com/search/22327493/

1. Eating swine & other unclean animals is a work of the flesh
    Shalom! This thread is only about the subject of eating unclean animals, and how they make us unclean. Paul wrote to the Galatians that...
    Thread by: Dkh587, Today at 2:04 PM, 84 replies, in forum: General Theology

2. Thread
    The book of Acts proves that early Christians regularly attended synagogues
    We see Paul in the book of Acts, before his conversion by his encounter with the Messiah, persecuting Christians, believers of Yahushua the...
    Thread by: Dkh587, Sep 24, 2016, 424 replies, in forum: Sabbath and The Law
As far as I know, I am not a genetic descendant of the tribe of Yahudah(Judah)

But through Messiah, I am Abraham's seed :)

Upvote 0

Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Eating unclean animals makes us unclean (Leviticus 11)

Uncleanness is a work of the flesh (Galatians 5)

We find out what makes us unclean through God's law, do we not?

We can't just say "uncleanness" is a work of the flesh, but not know what uncleanness is, and what makes us unclean. That's not how it works..
Eating with harlots and publicans also makes us unclean.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Keep in mind, this is in regards to what God says, and not man-made traditions.

Now, we know what animals are clean and unclean because the Scriptures record God telling Moses what animals are clean and unclean. HalleluYah!

No. Wrong. God told Moses what was clean and unclean for Hebrews - just Hebrews - the Torah exclusively applies to Hebrews. All of the laws given at Sinai were given to Hebrews, and to no other human beings on earth at that time. The law against murder had already been given.

You are not a Hebrew. There is NO LAW AT ALL for you at Sinai.

To Noah - God gave all animals to man to eat. That's the law. Jesus repeated it.
The cleanliness laws themselves only applied to Hebrews. Nobody else in the world made himself unclean before or after Christ by eating pork, because "unclean" applied exclusively to Hebrews, and it only applied to participation in the rituals, in which nobody but Hebrews was invited to participate.

Sinai was a covenant - a contract, because God and Hebrews - just Hebrews, not anybody else. God did not promise the Hebrews anything in that covenant but a farm in Israel in this life. That's it. That's all. There is not a single reference in the Torah to any promise of life after death, resurrection - none of it.
The covenant was - You do all of these things, I give you a farm in Israel. You stop doing them, I take the farm back.

That's it, and that's all.

None of that ever applied to you and me. Our ancestors did not become unclean by eating scallops cordon bleu, and neither do we.

• Haha
Reactions: Lee Stuvmen
Upvote 0

Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
As far as I know, I am not a genetic descendant of the tribe of Yahudah(Judah)

But through Messiah, I am Abraham's seed :)
Since you're a Judaizer, how do you feel about "he that is hanged is accursed of God"? This is a major reason why many Jews reject Christ as Messiah.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus said nothing that goes Into the stomach from the outside makes a person unclean.

He's cherry picking. For the sake of just being right. It's grieving me right now...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Romans 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
He obviously doesn't accept most of the NT, since the Council of Jerusalem (Acts 15) establishes overtly that dietary restrictions are over except we are still not to eat blood.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul said "meats". Period. Because he didn't need to say unclean meat, nor clean anymore. That's the point I'm making.The point is that no animal is considered "unclean" anymore, and to preach that is deceiving. I wasn't (and not planning to) go there about how I thought it was the only one work of the flesh, or inappropriate behavior with animals, or whatever it's being thrown right now. I'm addressing your claim, that 1. "unclean" animals still exist and 2. you're putting it out there law, with what the Word said about it.
Unclean animals were never made clean. Pigs and shrimp and whatever else is still unclean according to Leviticus 11. unclean animals still exist. Don't you see pork and shrimp in the supermarket?

And yes, Paul said meats, but he's not referring to all animal meat, such as rats, cats and bats. Let's put on our thinking caps here.

To an Israelite man such as Paul, he understood, and his followers understood, that unclean animals are not food, therefore they would know what animals qualify to be "food" or "meat". Context is so important.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why didn't Paul mention it when he made his extensive list of works of the flesh in Galatians 5:19-21?
Did Paul list every single sin? No. Did he list inappropriate behavior with animals? I'm pretty sure you would agree that inappropriate behavior with animals is a work of the flesh, even though Paul didn't mention it specifically. And how do you know it's a work of the flesh? Because it's a sin mentioned in God's law.. just like eating unclean animals is in God's law.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do you think inheriting the kingdom o f God means? Are we to receive our salvation in some remote corner of the universe not as bad as hell but not the kingdom while everyone who didnt eat pork gets heaven?
Why are you placing me in the judgement seat? God is the judge - not me.

I'm just the messenger that's telling you what God's word says. God judges justly and righteously.

God said what he said - I'm just highlighting it. I can't say who is or isn't saved. Christ makes that call.

The bottom line is, God said that eating unclean animals makes us unclean, and we should not do it. I can't change your mind and I can't make you obey any His commandments. That's between you and him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Romans 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Thanks for the verse. I never said the kingdom is eating or drinkng. this thread is about works of the flesh, such as eating swine.

Paul taught that one of the works of the flesh is uncleanness - which is caused by, but not limited to, eating unclean animals.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't answer every single "why" question. I don't have all the answers.

Have you tried asking God in prayer?
That's ok.
I have put the question on the table before God, yes and that is why I ask you. As a member of the body perhaps He has given it to you to answer the question for those who ask "why?".

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Unclean animals were never made clean. Pigs and shrimp and whatever else is still unclean according to Leviticus 11. unclean animals still exist. Don't you see pork and shrimp in the supermarket?

And yes, Paul said meats, but he's not referring to all animal meat, such as rats, cats and bats. Let's put on our thinking caps here.

To an Israelite man such as Paul, he understood, and his followers understood, that unclean animals are not food, therefore they would know what animals qualify to be "food" or "meat". Context is so important.

If he meant unclean meat, he would have wrote "unclean meat" like how Leviticus mentioned "unclean meats". He would have to say unclean because he was ministering to mostly Gentiles, not Jews. Especially for Timothy, his church were of Gentiles.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ on the cross do anything to make us clean if we put our faith in Him for the forgiveness of our sins?
The death & resurrection of Messiah brought forgiveness and eternal life through faith in Him.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If he meant unclean meat, he would have wrote "unclean meat" like how Leviticus mentioned "unclean meats". He would have to say unclean because he was ministering to mostly Gentiles, not Jews. Especially for Timothy, his church were of Gentiles.
Paul doesn't have to say "unclean" meats because Paul & those believers already understood that unclean animals are not food/meat.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.