Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Who said anything about eternal damnation? I haven't questioned anybody's salvation in here.

Paul warned against the works of the flesh, which include eating unclean animals. Like I said earlier, there are MORE works of the flesh than eating unclean animals, but that's 1 of them...

Not according to Paul:

"Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians 5:19-21

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, you are certainly welcome to leave the thread and stop participating if it bothers you so much.

And yes, I do. I have another coming soon.

Stay tuned! :)
Are you sure your not a Jew in disguise?

50bf0216b5830a29407ade243d88c907--funny-jew-jokes-jewish-humor.jpg

You started 2 threads and both of them in relation to Jews:

https://www.christianforums.com/search/22327493/

1. Eating swine & other unclean animals is a work of the flesh
    Shalom! This thread is only about the subject of eating unclean animals, and how they make us unclean. Paul wrote to the Galatians that...
    Thread by: Dkh587, Today at 2:04 PM, 84 replies, in forum: General Theology

2. Thread
    The book of Acts proves that early Christians regularly attended synagogues
    We see Paul in the book of Acts, before his conversion by his encounter with the Messiah, persecuting Christians, believers of Yahushua the...
    Thread by: Dkh587, Sep 24, 2016, 424 replies, in forum: Sabbath and The Law

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-17_16-45-44.jpeg
    upload_2017-8-17_16-45-44.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Listen, Paul talked about how it doesn't make your body anymore or less defiled to God if you are eating any meat (1 Corinthians 8:7-8) and to Timothy about how the church will try to make a law out of eating unclean meats (1 Timothy 4:1-5). I don't even think any of the new testament verses you mentioned addressed it, and you're using the old testament verses without considering context.

You can make a case that yes, a lot of the manipulation of food going on will affect your body. But telling people that it affects our stand with Him, when the Word is telling us that it doesn't, is deceiving. Stop it.
When Paul talk about meat, he's talking about meat from clean animals, not meat from unclean animals.

What I'm telling people is that eating unclean animals is a work of the flesh. It's not the only work of the flesh. There are more ways to become unclean than just eating unclean animals. This thread is *only* about eating unclean animals. I could make many more regarding the different works of the flesh, but I wanted to make this one.

And guess what the New Testament did not mention? inappropriate behavior with animals. Every commandment does NOT have to be repeated from the Law of God to be applicable.

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Who said anything about eternal damnation? I haven't questioned anybody's salvation in here.

Paul warned against the works of the flesh, which include eating unclean animals. Like I said earlier, there are MORE works of the flesh than eating unclean animals, but that's 1 of them...

What do you think inheriting the kingdom o f God means? Are we to receive our salvation in some remote corner of the universe not as bad as hell but not the kingdom while everyone who didnt eat pork gets heaven?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When Paul talk about meat, he's talking about meat from clean animals, not meat from unclean animals.

What I'm telling people is that eating unclean animals is a work of the flesh. It's not the only work of the flesh. There are more ways to become unclean than just eating unclean animals. This thread is *only* about eating unclean animals. I could make many more regarding the different works of the flesh, but I wanted to make this one.

And guess what the New Testament did not mention? inappropriate behavior with animals. Every commandment does NOT have to be repeated from the Law of God to be applicable.
ALL(ALL) food is clean
Rom14:20

Maybe someone can give the dictionary definition for the word ALL

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Romans 14:9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.[c] 11 For it is written:

“As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”[d]
12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

The Law of Love
14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things[e] is acceptable to God and approved by men.

19 Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are pure, but it is evil for the man who eats with offense. 21 It is good neither to eat meat nor drink wine nor do anything by which your brother stumbles or is offended or is made weak.[f] 22 Do you have faith?[g] Have it to yourself before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves. 23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.[h]

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What I'm telling people is that eating unclean animals is a work of the flesh.

Why didn't Paul mention it when he made his extensive list of works of the flesh in Galatians 5:19-21?

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why didn't Jesus spend more of His time teaching the people about what foods to eat rather than going on and on about love, forgiveness, patience, and things like that?
Because it was pretty much already understood that they're not supposed to eat unclean animals... Did Christ have to teach on inappropriate behavior with animals and homosexuality and witches and wizards? NO! It was already made clear through God's Law and the Prophets..

They understood certain things, but the Israelites and Pharisees were missing out on many other things, like justice, faith & mercy. Christ taught us to do it all. The lighter and weightier matters of the Law of God.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not exactly sure. He just said that they are clean & unclean. And that eating the unclean animals is abominable to him, and that they defile us, and that they make us unclean. For some people, that's a good enough reason. For others, not so much.

Paul later revealed that uncleanness is a work of the flesh. And one way to make yourself unclean is to eat unclean animals.

Does God have to give a reason?
God doesn't have to do anything, nevertheless: Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD, and, I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

So in the name of reasonableness and friendship I would, like a little child, ask the question "why?".

Perhaps I will be told to shut up and just do what I am told, like I was when I was a little child, but the question still remains: Why?

Upvote 0

Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
I will give you the explanation of my Church.

God did not create anything innately unclean in any spiritual sense, to think so is blasphemy. But the distinction of unclean in context is important: "holy" literally means "set apart". Just as the Jews are set apart for holiness, certain animals are set apart. But when the Jews rejected Christ (which according to Paul is a good thing for gentiles), it meant the covenant was now open to all peoples; in reflection of this, all animals likewise became clean. All peoples are open to holiness. And Peter's dream in Acts 10 is about this: the ancient way of baptizing is threefold immersion (this is still how my Church does it), and that is what the unclean animals being lowered with the sheet over and over represents. Baptism is what makes you clean now, not being Jewish, and God in showing all the animals being lowered three times shows they are all clean. To follow the old dietary restrictions, is the same as saying circumcision is what sanctifies you, not baptism. It's rejecting the now universal religion that God has given us, a religion for everyone.

Now you can follow any diet you want for all sorts of reasons, but don't go claiming God cares about a kosher diet. Now that the faith of God is a universal faith, what matters is your heart, and that is where God will look to see if you are unclean.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
1 Timothy 4:4-5 KJV For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 5. For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
The "word of God" in that day was not the NT... that would be another 150 years.

Who ever said that the "word of God" is the New Testament?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
(John 1:1-5)

The Word of God was Jesus. Therefore, the statement in First Timothy that "every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer" suggests the same exact thing as the vision of Peter, that the clean and unclean animals were made sanctified by Jesus.

What is an unclean animal, anyway? Is it not the image of us heathen Gentiles in a world without redemption? Did you seriously think a well-washed pig was any dirtier than a filthy cow? Do you not see that it was always a symbol?

I am a rat. I am an unclean animal. No manner of bathing can make me clean. How can a rat be made clean in the sight of God? You, a human, are in no better shape. Your form, your design, fits all of the parameters of an unclean animal, too. If the unclean animals were not made clean, then you stand condemned.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because it was pretty much already understood that they're not supposed to eat unclean animals... Did Christ have to teach on inappropriate behavior with animals and homosexuality and witches and wizards? NO! It was already made clear through God's Law and the Prophets..

They understood certain things, but the Israelites and Pharisees were missing out on many other things, like justice, faith & mercy. Christ taught us to do it all. The lighter and weightier matters of the Law of God.

Then why did Paul not mention anything about food when he was talking about the works of the flesh? It's all there in Galatians 5:19-21. "Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Paul said "meats". Period. Because he didn't need to say unclean meat, nor clean anymore. That's the point I'm making.The point is that no animal is considered "unclean" anymore, and to preach that is deceiving. I wasn't (and not planning to) go there about how I thought it was the only one work of the flesh, or inappropriate behavior with animals, or whatever it's being thrown right now. I'm addressing your claim, that 1. "unclean" animals still exist and 2. you're putting it out there law, with what the Word said about it.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not according to Paul:

"Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." Galatians 5:19-21

Eating unclean animals makes us unclean (Leviticus 11)

Uncleanness is a work of the flesh (Galatians 5)

We find out what makes us unclean through God's law, do we not?

We can't just say "uncleanness" is a work of the flesh, but not know what uncleanness is, and what makes us unclean. That's not how it works..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Paul said "meats". Period. Because he didn't need to say unclean meat, nor clean anymore. That's the point I'm making.The point is that no animal is considered "unclean" anymore, and to preach that is deceiving. I wasn't (and not planning to) go there about how I thought it was the only one work of the flesh, or inappropriate behavior with animals, or whatever it's being thrown right now. I'm addressing your claim, that 1. "unclean" animals still exist and 2. you're putting it out there as law, what the Word said about it.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Galatians 2:16 KJV Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 6:14-15 KJV For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15. What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Galatians 5:1-5 KJV Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. 2. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 3. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 4. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

We can't just say "uncleanness" is a work of the flesh, but not know what uncleanness is, and what makes us unclean. That's not how it works..
Jesus said nothing that goes Into the stomach from the outside makes a person unclean.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Did the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ on the cross do anything to make us clean if we put our faith in Him for the forgiveness of our sins?

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God doesn't have to do anything, nevertheless: Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD, and, I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

So in the name of reasonableness and friendship I would, like a little child, ask the question "why?".

Perhaps I will be told to shut up and just do what I am told, like I was when I was a little child, but the question still remains: Why?
I can't answer every single "why" question. I don't have all the answers.

Have you tried asking God in prayer?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.