Oct 28, 2003
Perth WA
Visit site
✟426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello. I havent had a eating disorder so im no help in that regard, but i just wanted to reply to give you some encouragement. I am glad that you are getting better and pray that your stand still is no longer shortly. I also pray someone who knows about this can help you out in this thread. Keep walking along, eating disorders can be kurbed:) Good luck and God Bless
James

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The most success I have ever had with overeating came from following "weigh-down workshop" which is a christian weight loss program a lot of churches use. The author of the program is Gwen Shamblin and most public libraries have copies of her books.
The basic concept of the program is to involve God in our problem. The program focuses on eating only what we are truelly physically hungry for and seperating our "emotional" eating into a catagory where the problem is not a physical one of what to eat and what not to eat. Rather it is an area where we are overeating to meet emotional and spiritual needs rather than hunger needs of our body.
It takes some time to retrain our thinking and heal our emotional hurts so this is not an overnight program. But I found it very useful for getting to know myself and praying through a lot of emotional hurts which were driving my eating.
I will say a prayer for you. I know that these types of problems are usually deeply rooted and takes perserverence to change. Thankfully, our Lord is in the business of helping us change.
My advice to you is not to focus on guilt about your problems but rather on healing and restoration which is a process.

Upvote 0