USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keto is very hard for me, for some reason. I can't stop craving sugar and I end up overeating calories by trying to get the sugar craves reduced by eating more meat, vegetables, nuts, cheese etc! Almond flour, sweeteners, chocolate, wine are all permitted but they seem to make me just want to eat more of everything!

I need to recalibrate since I'm restarting Krav this weekend and I think I'll just be a hot, sweaty, slow mess!

I've not really lost any weight for a good 6 months and I want to lose more plus build more muscle .....why do women seem to self sabotage more than men?

I don't know!

Sorry for the ramblings but I have to get it off my chest and hope you guys don't mind, haha

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keto is very hard for me, for some reason. I can't stop craving sugar and I end up overeating calories by trying to get the sugar craves reduced by eating more meat, vegetables, nuts, cheese etc! Almond flour, sweeteners, chocolate, wine are all permitted but they seem to make me just want to eat more of everything!

I need to recalibrate since I'm restarting Krav this weekend and I think I'll just be a hot, sweaty, slow mess!

I've not really lost any weight for a good 6 months and I want to lose more plus build more muscle .....why do women seem to self sabotage more than men?

I don't know!

Sorry for the ramblings but I have to get it off my chest and hope you guys don't mind, haha
My sister is on a Carnivore diet or actually, a way of life. She's on this forum maybe send her a note? Ana Billingsley. I, myself, go on a 1200 calorie a day diet to loose weight. I use the app My Fitness Pal to keep track. I also have a trainer and try to excercise 3 days a week using weights for muscle building. I too have a surgar need so nonfat yogurt, Fage 0%" with " My Normal Keto Allulose " on top is a decent craving fix!
Be blessed

Reactions: YorkieGal
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Do some research into Intermittent Fasting (IF). It's the alternative route to keto and it doesn't have any food restrictions. You can eat "anything" in IF and still achieve keto. Anything including high carb foods, sugar/sweets, even junk foods..... Ofc in MODERATION, NOT over-indulging in these things!^_^ It would still be better if you avoided junk foods. Yet it won't hurt either if some friends came over for some binge w/e and brought junk food with them. Go ahead and eat than looking weird!

I personally do IF with 2 meal a day diet. No snacking in between (water and other zero calorie drinks are allowed like black coffee or tea without sugar. Zero or very low calorie soup is also allowed between meals). My first meal is greater in quantity because I also do strength, HIIT, and cardio/endurance (running and cycling) exercises in the morning during the fasting window before the first meal. 2nd meal is less in quantity to have less calories floating around when I sleep.

I sometimes eat snacks but the snacks are taken within the first or 2nd meal. Everything within the first and 2nd meal. I've been curious with keto diet but unable to try because I find it too expensive without the cheap carbs and flexible choices for meeting daily calories.

It's actually easier to do IF with exercise in the fasting window. Aiming to burn not more than 700 calories in exercise. Exercise will help jumpstart your body into keto mode and stimulate release of glucose into the blood. Both helps reduce or even kill the feeling of hunger.

Because you're already in keto diet, it might be relatively easy for you to transition to IF diet. But don't go nuts on carbs and sugar yet. Increase the quantity slowly because your body may have become less efficient at metabolizing carbs and sugar, you may end up with high blood sugar.

It gets worse if you haven't been exercising lately as your insulin resistance may have increased... So even if you switch to IF diet, don't indulge in carbs and sugar yet, as you may end up high blood sugar. Slowly increase your intake of carbs and sugar.

I think it's the hormone levels!

2 meal IF with exercise in the fasting window got me down to borderline underweight.... My weight stabilized once I did. Having bigger muscles won't actually help you lose weight by burning more calories at rest. Most people will just over-compensate their calorie intake as they burn more calories. If you're just aiming to have stronger muscles, you can do it without growing bigger muscles. It's actually harder to grow muscles than just make them stronger.

I'm now able to lift weights off the ground twice as heavy as I did before strength training for few months. My power output in cycling have substantially increased as well. Yet, my muscles did not get visibly bigger and I didn't gain any weight.

The key to losing weight is making yourself feel less hungry even if you're not eating like during fasting. Ketosis do help and the right amount of exercise.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I picked up some of this and am really liking it, becoming more available now:

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The fruit itself doesn't even look edible. But I see there's a granulated version.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fruit itself doesn't even look edible. But I see there's a granulated version.
Get the granulated, looks just like regular sugar, I am having it on a bowl of corn flakes right now. I think wifee said she found it a Fry's or Safeway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Get the granulated, looks just like regular sugar, I am having it on a bowl of corn flakes right now. I think wifee said she found it a Fry's or Safeway.
I'll definitely give it a try.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I don't know!

We like to complicate things. Eat just meat, eggs and natural fermented milk products and your cravings for sugars will go away in two weeks. We do not need to eat anything else and we do not need to count calories, because its not practically possible to overeat with animal-based diet, its our natural diet and hunger/satisfaction signals work properly with such food.

If we will "permit" things like wine, chocolate, pastry, sweeteners, nuts, vegetables, honey, fruit etc, we will overeat them again and again, because they are addictive and our body is not adapted to such things, they are modern products and our biochemistry does not know what is enough. If our ancestors had some sour fruit or few nuts seasonally, it was just an emergency food. Do not make it a part of your diet willfully, it will distort your health and condition goals, as you also noticed in your OP.

Also, a very important thing - do not even buy things that are not our natural food. Nobody can walk around a chocolate or a watermelon and not eat it. The trick is to not have them at home at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Zero or low calorie sweeteners doesn't help much in weight loss.

It can still trigger cravings to overeat as regular high calorie sugar would trigger those cravings. I've read this from studies and from someone I know personally who takes Stevia and trying to lose weight. She's unable to lose weight or stuck in a never-ending loop of losing and gaining weight "yo-yo diet".

I use regular high calorie brown sugar because it's really cheap. But it's NOT the reason why I'm able to keep my weight low, in fact, I'm borderline underweight. It's a combination of intermittent fasting and the right amount of exercise per day (not too little, but not too much).

Exercising the right amount during the fasting window releases glucose into the blood stream from your liver (elevates blood sugar a bit) thus, delaying hunger for longer. Best done in the morning. Short, intermittent exercises delay hunger and the temptation to eat for even longer hours. Crazy simple and ingenious right??:oldthumbsup: The key is to find an exercise or an exercise routine you will love doing and you're set!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If we will "permit" things like wine, chocolate, pastry, sweeteners, nuts, vegetables, honey, fruit etc, we will overeat them again and again, because they are addictive and our body is not adapted to such things, they are modern products and our biochemistry does not know what is enough
Also, a very important thing - do not even buy things that are not our natural food. Nobody can walk around a chocolate or a watermelon and not eat it. The trick is to not have them at home at all.

I have a bottle of red wine lingering in our fridge for several months now. I'm the only one who drinks it.

I eat chocolate but I make my own chocolate snack or drink from Dutch Cocoa powder. It's very bitter, unpalatable, and none of that chemicals you get from buying chocolate bar snacks from the grocery store. It's up to me to make palatable and I keep it very simple. The end product isn't as addictive in taste as commercial chocolate bars so you don't over-eat on it.

I've used it before as recovery snack after a long and intense exercise session. It's really good. If budget wasn't so tight this time, I'd still be making those choco snacks.

The key is to avoid commercially made choco bars as they're designed to be addictive. Make your own choco snack or drinks from raw or nearly raw cocoa powder and don't use too much sweetener and sugar and you'll be OK.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a bottle of red wine lingering in our fridge for several months now. I'm the only one who drinks it.

I eat chocolate but I make my own chocolate snack or drink from Dutch Cocoa powder. It's very bitter, unpalatable, and none of that chemicals you get from buying chocolate bar snacks from the grocery store. It's up to me to make palatable and I keep it very simple. The end product isn't as addictive in taste as commercial chocolate bars so you don't over-eat on it.

I've used it before as recovery snack after a long and intense exercise session. It's really good. If budget wasn't so tight this time, I'd still be making those choco snacks.

The key is to avoid commercially made choco bars as they're designed to be addictive. Make your own choco snack or drinks from raw or nearly raw cocoa powder and don't use too much sweetener and sugar and you'll be OK.
Cocoa is a drug that is not nutritionally necessary for anything and is full of various toxins. No reason to drink it. Its just a product for profit. The same goes for coffee and tea.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Cocoa is a drug that is not nutritionally necessary for anything and is full of various toxins. No reason to drink it. Its just a product for profit. The same goes for coffee and tea.

Coffee and black tea used to give me side effects similar to food poisoning. It's possible I'm allergic to coffee and black tea because I'm getting strong immune response from drinking coffee. But many people don't get any symptoms at all.

Nearly one year into Intermittent Fasting, I don't get side effects from coffee nor black tea anymore.

Cocoa is high in protein and antioxidants. For vegans and vegetarians, it is a good source of protein. It is also useful to anyone who may need extra protein from diet due to exercise.

Cocoa is also good source of easily digestible protein making it an excellent workout (exercise) drink. But if consuming cocoa product before or possibly during workouts, make sure, it doesn't contain dairy.

Cocoa is also cheap under generic branding and only minimally processed like "partial Dutch processing". Way cheaper than milk in that form.

I used to consume cocoa powder mixed with water only (no sugar, no milk) before a long endurance workout. It's bitter. NOT palatable at all! It does makes a difference in delaying muscular fatigue and no side effects at all.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Coffee and black tea used to give me side effects similar to food poisoning. It's possible I'm allergic to coffee and black tea because I'm getting strong immune response from drinking coffee. But many people don't get any symptoms at all.

Nearly one year into Intermittent Fasting, I don't get side effects from coffee nor black tea anymore.

Cocoa is high in protein and antioxidants. For vegans and vegetarians, it is a good source of protein. It is also useful to anyone who may need extra protein from diet due to exercise.

Cocoa is also good source of easily digestible protein making it an excellent workout (exercise) drink. But if consuming cocoa product before or possibly during workouts, make sure, it doesn't contain dairy.

Cocoa is also cheap under generic branding and only minimally processed like "partial Dutch processing". Way cheaper than milk in that form.

I used to consume cocoa powder mixed with water only (no sugar, no milk) before a long endurance workout. It's bitter. NOT palatable at all! It does makes a difference in delaying muscular fatigue and no side effects at all.
Cacao and teas contain plenty of oxalates which harm us in various ways. Bio/organic contain the most, non-bio contain less, but more pesticides and herbicides instead. Also neurotoxins, heavy metals and similar. So yes, its literally poisonous.

There is no way cocoa is cheaper than meat or dairy as a protein source. Also, its not a good source of protein. I am pretty sure it does not contain all essential amino acids we need, not even to say in the right ratio to each other.

We do not need to eat/drink plant antioxidants for anything. If we exercise, our body produces its own oxidants and antioxidants. Adding external antioxidants actually hinders the effects of exercise, disrupting the balance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
We do not need to eat/drink plant antioxidants for anything. If we exercise, our body produces its own oxidants and antioxidants. Adding external antioxidants actually hinders the effects of exercise, disrupting the balance.

The only way to avoid antioxidants is to avoid plant foods altogether.

But I'm not changing to carnivore diet even if I can afford it. Because I get no side effect from veggies and fruits, my only relative who lived over 90 is a vegetarian, and the massive (bad) environmental impact of the meat industry.

Cacao and teas contain plenty of oxalates which harm us in various ways. Bio/organic contain the most, non-bio contain less, but more pesticides and herbicides instead. Also neurotoxins, heavy metals and similar. So yes, its literally poisonous.

Oxalates are reduced by boiling. My great grandmother lived to the age of 95 years old on home-grown vegetables and wild plants. 100% organic. She never took meds, never went to the hospital. Died at home.

Going carnivore doesn't spare you from the toxins you mentioned because they also use tons of pesticides in livestock both directly and in the feeds unless their feeds are 100% organic, yet doesn't eliminate direct pesticide use to prevent growth of harmful bacteria in their living spaces.

Ofc, unless you hunt in the wild to get your meat if you really want to avoid getting toxins from meat. But hunting isn't a sustainable way to get meat for everyone because it's heavily regulated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only way to avoid antioxidants is to avoid plant foods altogether.
There are some antioxidants in everything, meat, dairy, eggs included. And our body produces them too, if needed. What I am saying is that you do not need to consume something because it contains antioxidants. And if you consume a lot of antioxidants, it may hinder the positive effects of exercise.

the massive (bad) environmental impact of the meat industry.
The environmental impact of agriculture is much worse. One cow can feed a man for the whole year with meat, while hundreds of animals are killed and environment poisoned and destroyed if he is fed by agricultural plants.

Oxalates are reduced by boiling.
Cacao is not pressure-boiled for hours, which is needed for oxalates to be dissolved. Also, oxalates are not the only problem - heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, even the theobromin itself is a toxin. When I used to drink organic cacao from Peru in like 500ml of water or milk, I used to have breathing problems and hot flashes.

Going carnivore doesn't spare you from the toxins you mentioned because they also use tons of pesticides in livestock both directly and in the feeds unless their feeds are 100% organic,
Nope, you can compare meat and plants, regarding pesticides, here: What’s On My Food? :: Pesticides On Food

For example, there are 47 pesticides found in apples, from which at least 4 are to be found in the vast majority of apples. On the other hand, the vast majority of milk, pork, poultry or beef has no pesticides.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My great grandmother lived to the age of 95 years old on home-grown vegetables and wild plants. 100% organic. She never took meds, never went to the hospital. Died at home.
Thats good. The natural human potential is 120 years, based on the length of telomeres. If somebody lives to 100, his/her diet or lifestyle took 20 years of life from this potential.

But its still much better than for example health span and life span of modern Americans who are dying in their 60's. Their lifestyle takes half of their lifespan from them. And even more of their healthspan.

There are also always some exceptions and freaks of nature, for example heavy smokers and drinkers living to 100 or more. But the vast majority of people is significantly affected by what they eat and how they live.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thats good. The natural human potential is 120 years, based on the length of telomeres. If somebody lives to 100, his/her diet or lifestyle took 20 years of life from this potential.

But its still much better than for example health span and life span of modern Americans who are dying in their 60's. Their lifestyle takes half of their lifespan from them. And even more of their healthspan.

There are also always some exceptions and freaks of nature, for example heavy smokers and drinkers living to 100 or more. But the vast majority of people is significantly affected by what they eat and how they live.

95 yo great grandma did have one vice - smoking cigar (I have no idea how she was able to get cigars despite being poor as a rat). The same family line also had high risk of diabetes and cancer.

The only thing that sets her apart from us is being vegetarian and probably never consumed refined sugar. The only sugars she consumed are from the banana fruits from her banana trees in her backyard. 100% organic.

She had some physical activity, mostly walking from foraging and tending the garden. But no hard exercise like jogging. Yet she was thin, probably borderline underweight.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
95 yo great grandma did have one vice - smoking cigar (I have no idea how she was able to get cigars despite being poor as a rat). The same family line also had high risk of diabetes and cancer.

The only thing that sets her apart from us is being vegetarian and probably never consumed refined sugar. The only sugars she consumed are from the banana fruits from her banana trees in her backyard. 100% organic.

She had some physical activity, mostly walking from foraging and tending the garden. But no hard exercise like jogging. Yet she was thin, probably borderline underweight.
We rarely know what makes somebody to live longer life than others, because they do not live in a controlled lab experiment.

But we know what makes life shorter and being of a lesser quality for the vast majority of people - and being underweight is one of those things. So it cannot be recommended.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There are some antioxidants in everything, meat, dairy, eggs included. And our body produces them too, if needed. What I am saying is that you do not need to consume something because it contains antioxidants. And if you consume a lot of antioxidants, it may hinder the positive effects of exercise.

I've been off cocoa for couple of months now from budgetary constraints didn't noticed any change in both workout and recovery performance.

However, I've also gone deeper into Keto in the same period (through IF), probably helping maintain muscular endurance and recovery performance even with cocoa removed from diet.

When I used to drink organic cacao from Peru in like 500ml of water or milk, I used to have breathing problems and hot flashes.

Just because you have unpleasant experiences with plant foods, you've made up your mind that what happened to you applies to everyone else. It's not the case. Many don't have the slightest issue consuming plant foods.

the vast majority of milk, pork, poultry or beef has no pesticides.

I consume milk and pork meat almost daily. Yet, I found this article (still won't stop me from drinking milk and eating pork), just FYI.

Upvote 0