Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Bible does not give any dates based on BC. Why are you adding those years in to adjust for the Bible? That is only if you adjust for a BC date. Are you saying we should add 2 years to Jesus' age so instead of being born in 4 BC it should be 6 BC? The 14th of Nisan only falls on certain days in a 7 year period. The only time it falls on Wednesday is in 30AD. The only time it falls on Friday is 33AD. One year it falls on a Saturday, the rest of the years it lands on Mondays. That is the only reason why some pick 33AD and call it good Friday. It was in 30AD on a Good Wednesday. 34AD was a Saturday. Any other year and it would have been on a Monday. The 15th of Nisan was never on a Friday ever, during those years. It was either Saturday, Sunday, or Tuesday, except 30AD. That year it was on a Thursday. So the preparation for Passover that year was on Wednesday. Then the high Sabbath on Thursday. Then a day of preparation Friday for the weekly Sabbath. They had to have the body buried before 6pm Wednesday evening (by start of Thursday). It was in the tomb Thursday evening and morning. Friday evening and morning. Saturday evening and morning, 3 days. Sunday morning 6am was the half day, evening. Putting the body in the tomb by 6pm Saturday evening, was only 36 hours, evening and morning of Saturday, and 12 hours on Sunday. 24 + 12 = 36 hours, and is not 3.5 days. 3.5 days is 3 × 24 = 72 + 12 = 84 hours.

In Egypt, the lamb was slain on the 14th, so the blood would be applied the whole 15th of the Passover.

Also on Friday, the Jews remembered about the 3.5 day prophecy and had Pilate seal the tomb on Friday. They did not have the tomb sealed on Sunday. That would have been too late. They did nothing on Thursday. They did nothing on Saturday. What was done was on Wednesday and Friday. Wednesday was the crucifixion, and on Friday the tomb was sealed.
Is this meant to be helpful?
Maybe there is someone who can figure what you are on about; I can't.

The reason the Bible does not give us dates, is because the Gregorian calendar wasn't in use then. But scholars can relate ancient methods of dating to our modern calendar.
We know, for instance the year Jerusalem was conquered by Babylon. It was 586 BC
The 2 years are not additional. They have to be included to make a total number of elapsed years, when adding up a period over the BC/AD break. THE YEARS ARE COUNTED AT THEIR COMMENCEMENT.
10 BC to 10 AD is just 18 years, not 20.

I remain certain that Jesus commenced His Ministry in 29.5 AD and was Crucified in 33 AD

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is this meant to be helpful?
Maybe there is someone who can figure what you are on about; I can't.

The reason the Bible does not give us dates, is because the Gregorian calendar wasn't in use then. But scholars can relate ancient methods of dating to our modern calendar.
We know, for instance the year Jerusalem was conquered by Babylon. It was 586 BC
The 2 years are not additional. They have to be included to make a total number of elapsed years, when adding up a period over the BC/AD break. THE YEARS ARE COUNTED AT THEIR COMMENCEMENT.
10 BC to 10 AD is just 18 years, not 20.

I remain certain that Jesus commenced His Ministry in 29.5 AD and was Crucified in 33 AD
Because you are trying to adjust the AD dates from a BC perspective. You then add 2 too many years. When was the Jewish monthly calendar changed? Never. It was the Gregorian calendar that got messed up, or tried to adjust the old Roman system which was messed up. If we based the destruction of Jerusalem from a BC date, it would move to 72AD. You would add those 2 years. The point is that the AD times are fixed, and not based on going from BC to AD. Not even the life of Christ. The NT writers would not have written to adjust for a calendar change that happened hundreds of years after the NT Canon. Their perspective cannot be changed with the Gregorian calendar. Their writings will never match the Gregorian calendar. That calendar was not in existence.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Because you are trying to adjust the AD dates from a BC perspective. You then add 2 too many years. When was the Jewish monthly calendar changed? Never. It was the Gregorian calendar that got messed up, or tried to adjust the old Roman system which was messed up. If we based the destruction of Jerusalem from a BC date, it would move to 72AD. You would add those 2 years. The point is that the AD times are fixed, and not based on going from BC to AD. Not even the life of Christ. The NT writers would not have written to adjust for a calendar change that happened hundreds of years after the NT Canon. Their perspective cannot be changed with the Gregorian calendar. Their writings will never match the Gregorian calendar. That calendar was not in existence.
Timtofly, your attempts at explanation just make you look bad. I suggest you stick to facts and stop making your opinions.
Go back over my posts on this thread, I put my case clearly.

Jesus commenced His Ministry during the year that commenced as 29 AD and will Return 2000 years later.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Timtofly, your attempts at explanation just make you look bad. I suggest you stick to facts and stop making your opinions.
Go back over my posts on this thread, I put my case clearly.

Jesus commenced His Ministry during the year that commenced as 29 AD and will Return 2000 years later.
Why do you trust the Gregorian Calendar and not the Israeli calendar?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Why do you trust the Gregorian Calendar and not the Israeli calendar?
Calendars as such are irrelevant.
What matters is the number of years from Adam, of which we are informed in the Bible, up to the Babylonian conquest 3386.5 years later. Which happened in 586 BC by our current reckoning, making it 5989.5 years from Adam to today - 2021 AD.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Calendars as such are irrelevant.
What matters is the number of years from Adam, of which we are informed in the Bible, up to the Babylonian conquest 3386.5 years later. Which happened in 586 BC by our current reckoning, making it 5989.5 years from Adam to today - 2021 AD.
Except it has been 1991 years since the Cross, 5991 since Adam disobeyed and was banned from Paradise. Only 3 years off. Should it matter?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,692.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Except it has been 1991 years since the Cross, 5991 since Adam disobeyed and was banned from Paradise. Only 3 years off. Should it matter?
What really matters to us today, is the Day the Lord will send His vengeance and wrath, as He did in the days of Noah, but this time by fire.
THAT is the Day which we do not know the day or the hour. However, there are many indications of its imminent fulfillment.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have read Josephus, and it is not earth shattering. Anything else other than his eye witness account is just fictional drama. Josephus was writing for the Romans, and they were brutal no doubt. Even the rebel Jews were killing themselves, which is very brutal. There have been worse wars since then. No one detonated a nuclear bomb on Jerusalem in 70AD. Should we be looking for that now to show up as historical fact? You know something that is worse than surviving that kind of torment of the body?
A bomb is a mercy compared to slow starvation and being hacked with a sword or eating each other. Use some imagination. There has never been a worse war than 70 AD. Survivors of bombs are not dragged away to be the target of gladiators nor sold into slavery, use your imagination.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0