New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because it may limit the degree to which we can exploit others if we are part of the same nation, and even the most egalitarian-minded people in the US, and many other Core nations, enjoy the standard of living that they enjoy at the expense of another comfort, health, well-being. It was fairly early on that man discovered the advantages of exploitation, and proceeded to exploit the earth. As resources became more scarce, man discovered the advantage of exploiting other men.

Reactions: Western Deity
Upvote 0

lucid42day

where do I go when the land touches sea
Apr 1, 2004
We'll stumble through the APT.
✟9,766.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Fr0st2k said:
why dont we just get with the future, drop the old ancient obsoete traditions, and make the world federation, where all countries are 1, not separated...

Why
What's the difference between what we have now and what you mentioned? What benefit could there possibly be? By what process did you arrive at the conclusion that it is 'the future?'

Just saying.

Upvote 0

platzapS

Expanding Mind
Nov 12, 2002
Sunshine State
Visit site
✟5,263.00
Faith
Humanist
:preach: Because that would be part of the liberal, atheist, homosexual, left-wing evil agenda of the New World Order! COMMUNIST!

Actually, it sounds like a cool idea. As long as we had basic human rights (i.e. freedom of religion, press, speech, protection against cruel and unusual punishment) and a representative/republican government, I'd be all for it. I appreciate those who have fought and died for the USA's principles, not the country itself. If life and liberty could be assured, I'd be all for a world federation. One currency (like a euro/ "World dollar") would be cool, also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gil-Galad12

Nov 20, 2003
✟750.00
Faith
Christian
Why not?

Well, because would anyone really be comfortable with a lumbering world government, that would combine all of the corruption of the current governments into one convoluted mess?

What we need is greater cooperation between the EXISTING nations, not throwing them all together into an Orwellian behemoth.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Shredder said:
I would liek to see a world like Star Trek, where your are a citizen of Earth. But then your hatred would just be directed towards people that aren't Earthlings. Perhaps it would be best to let the smart people off the planet. :p

Who would be on that Shuttle?
I think there might be some empty seats. True inteligence is hard to find.
The most smart people can't take care of themselves. They would forget to eat. Wonder outside in space.(without a spacesuit)
Those blessed with wisdom would have trouble also. They know how things react. But wouldn't be able to figure out new things.
So it would be hard to pick.

Shouldn't the Earth be called United Federation of Earth?

Upvote 0

The Shredder

Jan 9, 2005
✟541.00
Faith
Christian
Billnew said:
Who would be on that Shuttle?
I think there might be some empty seats. True inteligence is hard to find.
The most smart people can't take care of themselves. They would forget to eat. Wonder outside in space.(without a spacesuit)
Those blessed with wisdom would have trouble also. They know how things react. But wouldn't be able to figure out new things.
So it would be hard to pick.

Shouldn't the Earth be called United Federation of Earth?
Nah change the name to Terra, and we can be called Terrans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums