Dutch Sheets?

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we should all be 'word of faith' in the sense of believing Romans 10:8-10, the passage from which the phrase is taken.

There are some other doctrines and practices we should not agree with. Maybe some of them should be labeled 'word of fluff.'

* The idea that when man fell, the authority over it was given to Satan, so that God was powerless to work in the world except through a man. The Bible teaches that God is sovereign. The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof.

* The teaching that our salvation was completed by Christ suffering in Hell rather than on the cross where He said "It is finished."

* The idea that Adam created a cow by speaking the spoken word.

* The teaching that animals were lifeless like statues before Adam spoke their name because the Bible says God brought the animals to Adam.

* The teaching that Jesus was rich in worldly goods, 'proven' by the fact that He had a pillow on one occasion.

* The idea that God doesn't bring calamity or sickness on the men. (Paul no attention to the verses about the Red Sea, Israel being taken into captivity, the curses of the law, or what He sent some of His angels to do.)

* The practice of saying "Bless God" in the same tone of voice people use when they say cuss words.

* Trying to explain doctrine in a way that sounds heretical so that it has shock value. Competing for the most heretical-sounding doctrine with all the other preachers.

* Teaching on money in such a way that implies that your audience should be desiring to get rich and accumulate worldly wealth.

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You should learn some basic principles on faith before you do anything else, Simon. I suggest you study the ministry of Jesus and how he operated.

No need to be patronizing Ben. I first experienced God's healing when you were 7 years old.

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Link,

Nice use of Scripture there to show us where we are wrong. I like when you quoted... er... I thought it was good when you mentioned the verse that...

Oh... you just gave your own opinions on what you didn't like and called it fluff. I guess I can get on with just believing God again...

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
No need to be patronizing Ben. I first experienced God's healing when you were 7 years old.

Not patronizing. Just saying that for you to ask about why I don't empty hospitals means that you need to learn what I call basic lessons about faith.

The first lessons that I teach new believers and new people to our church when they first come. The basic lessons.

I don't know what name to call them that you would not find patronizing.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
So you cannot substantiate your claim - ok, that's clear to everyone who has read this thread. I'm done. Thanks for proving my point.

Yes you may as well leave. Word of Faith has never been an established denomination, hence the wiki article was correct, they are a teaching movement.

I rest my case.

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Probably because from my experience most Pentecostals don't live what their statement of faith says. The AoG statement of faith says healing is for all and provided by Christ's redemptive work on the cross, many AoG people simply do not believe.

This doesn't make sense. This isn't about how you live. We are talking about statements of faith. Why would a CF Pentecostal SoF differ from a WoF SoF regardless of whose living it and who isn't?

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
It really doesn't make sense to you?

I am a Word of Faith pastor of a new Word of Faith church, part of a Word of Faith denomination/ church planting movement/ group/ whatever you want to call it.

I also have an itinerant ministry that leads me to be preaching across England, Europe and the world. I normally go to places to preach on the Holy Spirit and healing because when I preach the sick get healed and that always happens.

Now, I have preached in many Pentecostal churches and many AoG churches. Many of those churches although traditional Pentecostal may have 70-80% of the church not speak in tongues and have never seen a healing miracle in decades.

Their statement of faith says they believe that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is evidenced by tongues, and that it is freely available to all. They do not live what they say they believe.

Their statement of faith says they believe that healing is in the redemptive work of Christ, and that it is freely available to all. They do not live what they believe.

If I go to a church like that, thankfully most times people do accept the clear teaching of the Word of God and we see many people released into tongues and many people healed of many conditions.

However, sometimes like Jesus, I can do no mighty work because of their unbelief. We, although we have a shared statement of faith, do not have a shared walk with God, a shared experience, and a shared perspective on things.

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Arbiter,

You rest your case that Rhema is not a denomination but a teaching movement and this somehow proves that there are Word of Faith churches that do not hold to the Rhema statement of faith?

No, that is not proof. You need to find a church that self-references as Word of Faith that doesn't hold to the AoG statement of faith.

Let us know when you find one.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Arbiter,

You rest your case that Rhema is not a denomination but a teaching movement and this somehow proves that there are Word of Faith churches that do not hold to the Rhema statement of faith?

No, that is not proof. You need to find a church that self-references as Word of Faith that doesn't hold to the AoG statement of faith.

Let us know when you find one.

Why don't you let me know when you find a date that you were founded, or some bylaws and some district reps. How about when you get a national council?

Trying to ride the coattails of a real established denomination before people doesn't add credibility to your movement.

You let me know when you find those.

Upvote 0

banish'd

Shekinah Glory
Feb 6, 2010
San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course it is God's will to heal all who come to Him in faith. But faith comes by hearing the Word of God. As I preach the truth of God's Word in our church, the people who listen get healed. I cannot minister healing without teaching the Word!

You should learn some basic principles on faith before you do anything else, Simon. I suggest you study the ministry of Jesus and how he operated. Several times in the Bible he healed all who came to him, but in John 5 in the closest thing to a hospital we find in the gospels, Jesus healed one man.

Luke 5 tells us they came to hear and be healed. Many people want the be healed without the hearing, but God sent His Word and healed us. Jesus said so many times "your faith has healed you"... now as faith comes by hearing the Word, you could say "your hearing the Word has healed you".

KingZzub,

Thanks, this post is a keeper. I forgot about Luke 5 telling us they came to hear and be healed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Link,

Nice use of Scripture there to show us where we are wrong. I like when you quoted... er... I thought it was good when you mentioned the verse that...

Some of my posts assume a certain familiarity with the scriptures. Also, many things in the list were things that are NOT in the Bible that have been taught by some preachers.

I did quote scripture that debunked the idea that God lost His rights to the earth after the fall. (The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof.) And I referred to events that happened in the Bible that disproved the idea that God does not bring calamity on people. If you want to discuss the points in the list as they relate to scripture, tell me where you would like to start. Perhaps we could have threads on particular issues.

Oh... you just gave your own opinions on what you didn't like and called it fluff. I guess I can get on with just believing God again...
Are you saying you actually believe all those things I listed? Do you think God 'bringing' an animal to Adam proves the animal could not move before it went to Adam, or that one should teach on money in such a way as to imply that the audience should desire to have a lot of it?

I am in favor faith. I am not against all 'word of faith' teaching. But there is so much toxic that has been shoveled around under the WOF banner that some people cringe when they hear the phrase-- a phrase taken from the Bible. The same is true of 'Charismatic.'

I find your post strange. It seems like you are endorsing the teachings I listed. Is that the case?

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word 'fluff' for some of the more extreme items, like the underlying message of greed, or the add-on teachings about Christ's atonement that aren't taught in scripture. Do you know a word for 'poison' that starts with an f?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Why don't you let me know when you find a date that you were founded, or some bylaws and some district reps. How about when you get a national council?

Trying to ride the coattails of a real established denomination before people doesn't add credibility to your movement.

You let me know when you find those.

Whose trying to ride the coattails of anything? What a lot of nonsense. I don't need to AoG to add credibility to what I am doing, I have a Bible!

No one is trying to anything other than say that all WoF people believe the statement of faith of the AoG. No one is saying we have district reps, and no one wants them . No one is saying we have a national council.

I honestly haven't a clue why this is so difficult for you to grasp.

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Some of my posts assume a certain familiarity with the scriptures. Also, many things in the list were things that are NOT in the Bible that have been taught by some preachers.

Lol. Like I have to defend everything every preacher once said. Like scouring hours and hours of teaching from a preacher and ignoring all the stuff on faith and righteousness and covenant and picking on some point about Adam and animals is a great way of assessing a movement.

I did quote scripture that debunked the idea that God lost His rights to the earth after the fall. (The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof.) And I referred to events that happened in the Bible that disproved the idea that God does not bring calamity on people. If you want to discuss the points in the list as they relate to scripture, tell me where you would like to start. Perhaps we could have threads on particular issues.

I have a Scripture that says satan is the god of the world. You cannot prove a case with one Scripture. If you think God is in control of this world you have a strange God indeed!

God does not bring calamity on redeemed people. You need to listen to the teaching in FULL before critiquing it, that is just common sense.

If you want to start another bash Word of Faith thread, go ahead. I will probably end up posting on it and showing you why we should believe God's Word and walk in health and wealth. You will no doubt disbelieve it, and do without, while I continue to enjoy the fulness of God's blessings promised in Scripture.

Are you saying you actually believe all those things I listed? Do you think God 'bringing' an animal to Adam proves the animal could not move before it went to Adam, or that one should teach on money in such a way as to imply that the audience should desire to have a lot of it?

Don't have a clue what you are talking about with the animals. I would have to listen to the person in question before making a comment, rather than relying on what is essentially gossip.

As for the teaching on money to imply that the audience should desire to have a lot of it, I teach on money and tell my congregation explicitly that they need more money. Another member of the church called me today to say she had been promoted. God is such a good God. I teach the church how to prosper and be in health as their souls prosper.

Do you think we should have no money? How come you are using a computer then?

I am in favor faith. I am not against all 'word of faith' teaching. But there is so much toxic that has been shoveled around under the WOF banner that some people cringe when they hear the phrase-- a phrase taken from the Bible. The same is true of 'Charismatic.'

I really don't care if people cringe. That is there problem. People cringe when I talk about the blood of Jesus or covenant, or righteousness or holiness, or Christ, or life in abundance. So what? You keep on preaching the truth of the Word. Some of the stuff on your list I have no idea about, so it cannot be that important to the faith life can it.

Always when criticising people of faith, people major on the minors. If Peter came to their church they would be publishing a pamphlet on him:

Once told Jesus not to die on a cross.
Anti-semite who told Jews they killed Christ.
Used to be a ministerial associate with Judas Iscariot. Yes - part of the same group and everything!
Has even denied Christ.

Forget that he preached and 3000 people found faith! Forget that he took the gospel to the Gentiles and was the first missionary. Forget that he raised the dead and walked on water. Oh no, let's focus on some sentence he once said while preaching that sounds a little strange. We will of course take the sentence out of context to suit our purposes.

I find your post strange. It seems like you are endorsing the teachings I listed. Is that the case?

Is this what everything is about now? Insinuations. I can go through your list and tell you what I think of your wording of them, but I guarantee from experience you have not watched people say these things for yourself in the context of the original sermons, so I am not going to comment on gossip.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word 'fluff' for some of the more extreme items, like the underlying message of greed, or the add-on teachings about Christ's atonement that aren't taught in scripture. Do you know a word for 'poison' that starts with an f?

False testimony?

Reactions: CindyisHis
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Whose trying to ride the coattails of anything? What a lot of nonsense. I don't need to AoG to add credibility to what I am doing, I have a Bible!

No one is trying to anything other than say that all WoF people believe the statement of faith of the AoG. No one is saying we have district reps, and no one wants them . No one is saying we have a national council.

I honestly haven't a clue why this is so difficult for you to grasp.

It's not hard at all. AOG has an established formal set of beliefs while wof doesn't. Trying to get people to believe that you and others align with those beliefs of AOG somehow when in fact you have nothing formal in writing as to what any of you believe to compare to, is sort of ridiculous.

Get something formal in writing and we can do some comparison. While you are at it, get a national council and some bylaws in the process.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
PS what is so informal about the Rhema website?

Nothing informal, just that it isn't the belief statement of wof churches, they make up their own. You know this as well as anyone else in your movement does, it is totally freelance on the part of the leader.

That is why some folks say that bentley is wof. What proof do you have against such a statement except your opinion?

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol. Like I have to defend everything every preacher once said. Like scouring hours and hours of teaching from a preacher and ignoring all the stuff on faith and righteousness and covenant and picking on some point about Adam and animals is a great way of assessing a movement.

I didn't say you had to defend anyone. I listed a bunch of weird teachings that fly under the 'WOF' banner, and your response seemed as if you were in favor of those animals.

I have a Scripture that says satan is the god of the world. You cannot prove a case with one Scripture. If you think God is in control of this world you have a strange God indeed!
Paul said that though there be that are called gods, we know that there is but one God. Even the verse you are referring to can be translated differently. Ireneaus lived around 200 AD, a man hwo learned from Polycarp, who learned from St. John. He is one of these so-called 'church fathers' who wrote of spiritual gifts in his own day. He also wrote a book called _Against Heresies_. One of the Gnostic heresies taught that there were various 'aeons' between God and man, kind of demi-god creatuers. Tehy liked to use that verse about the 'god of this world' to argue for their point.

Ireneaus argued that the verse was actually saying that God had blinded the eyes of those of this world that believe not. Greek has a complicated grammatical system and does not rely as heavily on word order as English.

Be that as it may, if we were to post verse back and forth, I could show you lots of verses about God being sovereign over the weather, preserving the creation, the earth belonging to Him, His making nations rise and fall. What verses could you show me for the power of Satan over such things on this earth?

When Satan wanted to harm Job, He went to ask God's permission first. One verse says an evil spirit form the LORD went to Saul. Another says an evil spirit from Satan bothered Saul. God is sovereign, and Satan can't work outside the bounds He set for him.

God does not bring calamity on redeemed people. You need to listen to the teaching in FULL before critiquing it, that is just common sense.
My post did not address the idea of God bringing such things on the redeemed.

I read a booklet on the topic. It is clear that God brings such things on the wicked and takes reponsibility for them in the Old Testament. Arguing that a 'cause' form of one Hebrew verb form could also be an 'allow' cannot explain away all cases where God takes reponsibility for bringing such things on the disobedient.

Speaking of the redeemed, wasn't Job redeemed? He said he knew that His redeemer lives and one day he would walk upon the earth.

Peter, writing to believers, wrote,
"Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator."

Here is another verse to consider:
New International Version
The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD?

If you want to start another bash Word of Faith thread, go ahead. I will probably end up posting on it and showing you why we should believe God's Word and walk in health and wealth. You will no doubt disbelieve it, and do without, while I continue to enjoy the fullness of God's blessings promised in Scripture.

So are you saying that you have faith that I will doubt? What kind of faith is that? How is that a blessing promised in scripture?

I have no problem with people enjoying the fullness of God's blessings in scripture. I'm all for it. I'm against man-made carnal junk.

Don't have a clue what you are talking about with the animals. I would have to listen to the person in question before making a comment, rather than relying on what is essentially gossip.
I saw a couple of videos of sermons. I don't remember the links. I didn't mention any names either, so I don't see who we are supposed to be gossipping about.

As for the teaching on money to imply that the audience should desire to have a lot of it, I teach on money and tell my congregation explicitly that they need more money. Another member of the church called me today to say she had been promoted. God is such a good God. I teach the church how to prosper and be in health as their souls prosper.
You'll notice my post addressed the problem of teaching people to desire money. Take a look at the following verses.

1 Timothy 6:6-12
6But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
9But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Do you teach your congregation how to have great gain? Haivng great gain is part of true Bibiblical prosperity.

I did not say it is always wrong to pray for money. This verse teaches that it wrong to desire to be rich. It is certainly wrong to teach people to be greedy. There are times to pray for money. If we have a financial need, we are supposed to bring it along with all our cares to the Lord in prayer. Peter asked Jesus about money to pay the temple tax, and Jesus told him where to find it.

I am not saying it is wrong to pray for money to do ministry, to feed the homeless, to print pamphlets, books, make videos, or even to pray for your own needs.

But Jesus warned that if your eye is evil, your whole body will be full of darkness. You cannot serve God and mammon. He said do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon earth.

I did not say that. Btw, computers are not money. They are rapidly depreciating assets.

I really don't care if people cringe. That is there problem. People cringe when I talk about the blood of Jesus or covenant, or righteousness or holiness, or Christ, or life in abundance. So what?
And many people who love the Lord cring when they hear false doctrine.

Some of the stuff on your list I have no idea about, so it cannot be that important to the faith life can it.
If you don't know about it, does that mean it is not important?

Is this what everything is about now? Insinuations. I can go through your list and tell you what I think of your wording of them, but I guarantee from experience you have not watched people say these things for yourself in the context of the original sermons, so I am not going to comment on gossip.
I saw the animal things in videos of two famous preacher's sermons. I gave them as examples of the type of off-the-wall stuff that is not grounded in the word some people teach on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nothing informal, just that it isn't the belief statement of wof churches, they make up their own. You know this as well as anyone else in your movement does, it is totally freelance on the part of the leader.

That is why some folks say that bentley is wof. What proof do you have against such a statement except your opinion?

they make up their own?

Prove it. Show ONE church or ministry that calls themselves word of faith that has a different doctrine than Rhema.

Can you do that?

Upvote 0

IchoozJC

Dec 5, 2004
✟10,672.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just curious, if you don't mind answering... What do you say the opposite of "prosperity" is?

Upvote 0