Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Caravan migrants begin to breach border as frustration with slow asylum process grows

At least two dozen Central American migrants -- who claim they're disillusioned and frustrated with the asylum-seeking process -- breached the U.S.-Mexico border Monday just before dusk by scaling a 10-foot metal fence, witnesses say.

Some migrants reportedly tried to escape capture by the U.S. Border Patrol, but most were caught. It remains unclear Tuesday how many of the migrants -- if any at all -- managed to escape detention.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We desperately need bigger hearts.

This is something a believer can pray for -- that their heart be made more soft and loving. It's in accord with God's will, so that one can totally believe with faith this prayer will be answered (as Christ said to do in Mark chapter 11).

We're gonna need a bigger...wall. :eek:

Caravan migrants begin to breach border as frustration with slow asylum process grows

At least two dozen Central American migrants -- who claim they're disillusioned and frustrated with the asylum-seeking process -- breached the U.S.-Mexico border Monday just before dusk by scaling a 10-foot metal fence, witnesses say.

Some migrants reportedly tried to escape capture by the U.S. Border Patrol, but most were caught. It remains unclear Tuesday how many of the migrants -- if any at all -- managed to escape detention.

• Friendly
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We desperately need bigger hearts.

This is something a believer can pray for -- that their heart be made more soft and loving. It's in accord with God's will, so that one can totally believe with faith this prayer will be answered (as Christ said to do in Mark chapter 11).

Believers believe in the law of the land.
A bigger heart -- always needed up top the mountain.
But, we should remember of those applying only proxy 15% will qualify.
Many, many wasted their time coming all the way up to the border.
As the Tijuana mayor has stated --
the ones who encouraged these people should be prosecuted.
MB

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Believers believe in the law of the land.
A bigger heart -- always needed up top the mountain.
But, we should remember of those applying only proxy 15% will qualify.
Many, many wasted their time coming all the way up to the border.
As the Tijuana mayor has stated --
the ones who encouraged these people should be prosecuted.
MB

We take it for granted (many or most) that want the U.S. to admit refugees that only some portion of the people will be genuine refugees. We should advocate the U.S. ramp up interviews and screening to a faster rate and faster find which of the would-be immigrants are the authentic refugees that have fled violence for the sake of safety. When I say I'm a believer, I mean of course that I believe in Christ Jesus as my Savior, who is the very Son of God, and that He came here for the sake of the sinners like me, and died for us, that we might gain forgiveness and Life eternal, and that He rose from the grave, and will judge all mankind, and will come again. I believe. This is what I believe in.

Other things aren't even slightly close to that.

I don't believe for instance that the 'law of the land' can save me or even help me profoundly -- man's laws -- but instead government is a pragmatic institution of man, a necessity here, and as Christians we should be good citizens in a janitorial way, here in our representative democracy, just as you one would do good to volunteer to mop the floor at the local homeless shelter for instance, so you do good to vote for representatives that do what is right by true moral laws, not just prejudices which are immoral.

It's immoral to say to desperate people: KEEP OUT, we don't want you here.

That's immoral and also God prohibited Israel from doing that with alien immigrants in the OT. He said to love them instead.

30 Bible Verses About Immigration & Refugees - Powerful Scripture Quotes

Christ summed up the law in Matthew 7:12. And notice what 2 verses immediately follow this one.

He was summing up laws such as Lev 23:22 and Malachi 3:5 (do we want to be someone who "turns aside the sojourner"? NO!), and
Leviticus 19:34 You must treat the foreigner living among you as native-born and love him as yourself, for you were foreigners in the land of Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
so you do good to vote for representatives that do what is right by true moral laws, not just prejudices which are immoral.

Of course that is what we All
try to do..

They are held to an higher accounting.

M

• Optimistic
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes it's a silly meme, but I like it:
difference-invasion-immigration.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums