Chuck Schumer (D/NY) stopped President Trumps $5.7 Billion funding for the border wall, Dec 2018?

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump wanted to make Putin's policy illegal:

For clarity, I'm in favor of most of Trump's policies, but he made some really bad choices on this issue and the clot shot.
He was not a typical right winger whether you like his policies or not. He rubbed me wrong on amnesty and homosexuality back in the day also.

Reactions: Derf
Upvote 0

Derf

Aug 8, 2021
Colorado Springs
✟99,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He was not a typical right winger whether you like his policies or not. He rubbed me wrong on amnesty and homosexuality back in the day also.
I don't expect to agree with everything a president does, but it would be nice to have less important disagreements.

Upvote 0

Ragdoll

Apr 26, 2022
Madison, WI
✟22,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Then Democrats want to blame Trump for the chaos they have done to us. Most of us know beter. Biden has not lifted a finger to fix anything at the border. Now, citizens of New York and Chicago are unhappy about all the crime caused by the unchecked immigration that New York and Chincago residence voted for in the first place. I guess some people have to learn the hard way. They voted for a sancturary city and now they are miserable and fearful for their lives for what they voted for. Maybe next time they will vote responsibly. Elections have consequences.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Perhaps NY City should have made the $5.7 Billion investment?​

Bloomberg

New York City Faces $12 Billion Expense to Handle Migrant Crisis​

Aug 9, 2023

The Hill

Schumer: House-passed border wall bill dead in the Senate​

12/20/2018

Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) says a House-passed spending bill providing $5.7 billion for a border wall and border security is dead on arrival in the Senate, signaling rising odds of a partial government shutdown.
chickens came home to roost

(just stating the obvious)
They had no imagination to believe in Texas Goveronor Abbotts (Operation Lone Star) suprise!

Untold tens of thousands of illegal immigrants delivered at the sanctuary cities doorsteps, New York, Chicago, Denver, DC, California, on and on, thumbs up Governor Abbott!!!

Billions to be spent annually in the sanctuary cities, and president Trump requested $5.7 billion to complete the wall in 2018, denied by Chuck Schumer speaker of the senate (D/NY), a fraction of the cost of the burden on sanctuary cities (Democratic Evil, Come Home To Roost)!
True .

obviously -
I'm trying to understand what the conversation here is.
???

Then Democrats want to blame Trump for the chaos they have done to us. Most of us know beter. Biden has not lifted a finger to fix anything at the border. Now, citizens of New York and Chicago are unhappy about all the crime caused by the unchecked immigration that New York and Chincago residence voted for in the first place. I guess some people have to learn the hard way. They voted for a sancturary city and now they are miserable and fearful for their lives for what they voted for. Maybe next time they will vote responsibly. Elections have consequences.

Indeed that whole thing has not "aged well" for them. (some would say "obviously") ;)

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟575,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The wall is a rather stupid idea that is far more trouble than it is worth since people will find way to get through, over or under. It is probably better to try to work with all the places people are fleeing to make them more habitable so people wont want to leave. Who would want to leave their homes and families to travel hundreds of miles at high risk unless absolutely necessary?
I was down on the border in 2019 and watched a section of the wall get built. Trump's wall was 30-40 feet high and set in concrete. The trouble with a 2000 mile wall is it doesn't work unless you have two things. The first thing is you have to complete it or people will just go around it. The second thing is you have to patrol it. Trump was trying to get to that point; but the Dems thought they had to die on the hill of obstruction of everything that Trump did. This is the main reason that Biden eliminated so much of the gains that Trump had made in slowing illegal immigration. Like a lot of the things that Biden does, they are pure ideological decisions and adrift from reality or consequences.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The American Hero, Texas Governor Greg Abbott, (Operation Lone Star) Surprise!

Reactions: Derf
Upvote 0