✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fur Coat and... Oh Nuts!

On 10th October 2017 I awoke to twin dreams, however I’m not sure if they are related to each other or separate entities. As yet I have no impressions/interpretation of either. Insight welcome.

Part 1: Fur Coat...

In this part my wife and I were ‘occupying’ the house where I spent 13 years of my childhood and adolescence (to be referred to as 295 LR). The place was very run down and shabby both inside and out, not at all like it was when I lived there.

Inside was cluttered and stacked up with cardboard (packing) boxes, the paint and wall paper was peeling, the place was cold, damp and I suspect smelly due to this (as my olfactory sense does not operate in dreams, it’s not great at the best of times).

Outside the brickwork and tiles were in a poor state of repair, crumbling, black and dirty. The whole of the front bay window and brickwork beneath it were missing and covered by a large canvas or tarpaulin like curtain that you had to pull back to one side to gain access. (I did not try to use the main entrance/door on the side of the house as I suspect it was in some way broken).

There were various people milling around on the street out front who I took to be tradesmen touting for business. However, I paid them very little attention as I’m just not interested in fixing up ‘money pits’ even those with sentimental attachments.

However, I did speak with one well dressed blonde lady (perhaps in her early 50s) who could have been the landlady or letting agent as I do not get the impression that we owned the place. I explained to her that I felt that the driveway and front garden could both do with ripping up and replacing, which considering the state of the rest of the property amounted to ‘all fur coat and no knickers!’

all fur coat and no knickers - Wiktionary

She then walked with me up to the front of the house where the bay window should have been and we both entered by pulling the ‘curtain’ back to find my wife sat on the floor in the middle of the front room surrounded on all sides by boxes.

End of Part 1:

Part 2: Oh nuts!

I’m not certain about the location of this part of the dream, however it could have been the back yard of the same property (295 LR) as I vaguely recall walking through the kitchen to the back of the house; however that could have just been a ‘subconscious conduit’ to get me to this part of the dream.

Grandparents (who do not live at 295 LR) were sat at a table out in the back yard shelling soaked butter beans to make Bonbon piment and my wife may (or may not) have been sat at the same table opposite them.

Bonbon piment — Wikipédia

On the table in front of Mamie (Grandma) was a half eaten sandwich with a brown filling. On closer inspection I realised that this was peanut butter. She looked at me and said “It’s mine!” in a sort of defensive manner.

I immediately looked for Daniel (my 3rd son) who was sat at the far end of the table with a similar sandwich in front of him (possibly the other half) and I instinctively knew that he had eaten some of it.

His breathing was shallow and he looked pale and somehow 2 or 3 years younger than he actually is (7). He was unable to talk or respond to me but was still conscious, I asked my wife to go and get the epipens (plural) and when she returned I attempted to administer the first one but could not get it to pierce his trousers (pants in the USA).

It was as though they were made of glass or toughened plastic (and they may also have been transparent) so I started to take them off him so that I could jab him in the thigh with the epipen, he started squirming in anticipation of this. I recall thinking at the time that I would need another epipen (maybe even more) as I jabbed him with the first one.

The dream then ended and I have no sense of the outcome i.e. whether Dan lived or died. I do not recall myself or anyone contacting the emergency services (as is protocol) during my dream.

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This Thread Has Been Moved

231058_ae34cf80d551c8320b3af617454a6170.jpg

Dreams are only to be discussed in Sign Gifts, so this is being moved here.

Please continue the discussion here, thank you.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Fur Coat and... Oh Nuts!

On 10th October 2017 I awoke to twin dreams, however I’m not sure if they are related to each other or separate entities. As yet I have no impressions/interpretation of either. Insight welcome.

In this part my wife and I were ‘occupying’ the house where I spent 13 years of my childhood and adolescence (to be referred to as 295 LR). The place was very run down and shabby both inside and out, not at all like it was when I lived there.

Inside was cluttered and stacked up with cardboard (packing) boxes, the paint and wall paper was peeling, the place was cold, damp and I suspect smelly due to this (as my olfactory sense does not operate in dreams, it’s not great at the best of times).

Outside the brickwork and tiles were in a poor state of repair, crumbling, black and dirty. The whole of the front bay window and brickwork beneath it were missing and covered by a large canvas or tarpaulin like curtain that you had to pull back to one side to gain access. (I did not try to use the main entrance/door on the side of the house as I suspect it was in some way broken).

There were various people milling around on the street out front who I took to be tradesmen touting for business. However, I paid them very little attention as I’m just not interested in fixing up ‘money pits’ even those with sentimental attachments.

However, I did speak with one well dressed blonde lady (perhaps in her early 50s) who could have been the landlady or letting agent as I do not get the impression that we owned the place. I explained to her that I felt that the driveway and front garden could both do with ripping up and replacing, which considering the state of the rest of the property amounted to ‘all fur coat and no knickers!’

She then walked with me up to the front of the house where the bay window should have been and we both entered by pulling the ‘curtain’ back to find my wife sat on the floor in the middle of the front room surrounded on all sides by boxes.

End of Part 1:

I’m not certain about the location of this part of the dream, however it could have been the back yard of the same property (295 LR) as I vaguely recall walking through the kitchen to the back of the house; however that could have just been a ‘subconscious conduit’ to get me to this part of the dream.

Grandparents (who do not live at 295 LR) were sat at a table out in the back yard shelling soaked butter beans to make Bonbon piment and my wife may (or may not) have been sat at the same table opposite them.

On the table in front of Mamie (Grandma) was a half eaten sandwich with a brown filling. On closer inspection I realised that this was peanut butter. She looked at me and said “It’s mine!” in a sort of defensive manner.

I immediately looked for Daniel (my 3rd son) who was sat at the far end of the table with a similar sandwich in front of him (possibly the other half) and I instinctively knew that he had eaten some of it.

His breathing was shallow and he looked pale and somehow 2 or 3 years younger than he actually is (7). He was unable to talk or respond to me but was still conscious, I asked my wife to go and get the epipens (plural) and when she returned I attempted to administer the first one but could not get it to pierce his trousers (pants in the USA).

It was as though they were made of glass or toughened plastic (and they may also have been transparent) so I started to take them off him so that I could jab him in the thigh with the epipen, he started squirming in anticipation of this. I recall thinking at the time that I would need another epipen (maybe even more) as I jabbed him with the first one.

The dream then ended and I have no sense of the outcome i.e. whether Dan lived or died. I do not recall myself or anyone contacting the emergency services (as is protocol) during my dream.
What a great dream! I hope you get some good answers but I just had to stop and admire it. From my point of view it looks like your subconscious is working overtime on some issues of who you are.

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

This Thread Has Been Moved

231058_ae34cf80d551c8320b3af617454a6170.jpg

Dreams are only to be discussed in Sign Gifts, so this is being moved here.

Please continue the discussion here, thank you.

MOD HAT OFF

Sorry, my bad, I honestly thought I had posted it in the correct place.

Still getting to grips with the new CF format (new to me anyway).

If this happens again I may need some assistance/direction in how to post dreams in the correct place.

Thanks

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a great dream! I hope you get some good answers but I just had to stop and admire it. From my point of view it looks like your subconscious is working overtime on some issues of who you are.

Hi Christie

Thanks for replying, I think I know who I am (I think:confused:) although I'm not sure who everyone else is most of the time (although that could be an age thing)?

My subconscious has been on overtime recently for some reason, so I too hope I get some ideas as at present this one (or two) has got me a bit stumped.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am glad you know who you are. What I have learned about houses in dreams is that they can represent the self. Maybe you need to up the self-care? I was taught to say "If I had that dream I might think--" because I am not am expert, just someone who likes to ponder.

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am glad you know who you are. What I have learned about houses in dreams is that they can represent the self. Maybe you need to up the self-care? I was taught to say "If I had that dream I might think--" because I am not am expert, just someone who likes to ponder.

OK, I'll run with that premise "If I had that dream I might think -- especially seeing as how I did have this dream.

Houses for me represent security and as I have never actually owned one, (only rented) one from my childhood is perhaps as secure as it gets.

The fact that it was very run down and needed lots of repair could reflect how I feel about my own personal or possibly financial security at present and the fact that there was a gaping hole where the window should be may suggest that I feel as though my security has been breached in some way by something or other? (Maybe the front door was locked/barricaded from within rather than broken so it had to be breached elsewhere?)

My ignoring the tradesmen waiting to fix the place up, suggests that I am not interested in repairing my security anymore (perhaps because it now resides somewhere else other than in bricks and mortar or finances etc.) so I distracted the well dressed lady (I don't think she was wearing a fur coat but possibly) by focusing on the driveway and garden. i.e. the superficial exterior features.

However, she went inside regardless (and I went with her) to find my poor wife surrounded by packing boxes, which might signify moving house thus getting out of this broken down security.

Perhaps the Lord is trying to show me that whilst I am no longer concerned about my own security (as it is now in Him) my wife is not quite there yet and I need to be sensitive to this?

Thanks Christie you have helped enormously.

Part 2 I fear is of more concern and I will get to that in due course.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fur Coat and... Oh Nuts!

End of Part 1:

Regarding the second part of your dream, ... does your son have a peanut allergy ?

I'm assuming so, because because you are familiar with the use of Epipens.

If so, that part of your dreams is just dealing with your anxiety about shielding/administering aid to your son from an allergic reaction.

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Regarding the second part of your dream, ... does your son have a peanut allergy ?

I'm assuming so, because because you are familiar with the use of Epipens.

If so, that part of your dreams is just dealing with your anxiety about shielding/administering aid to your son from an allergic reaction.

Hi A_Thinker, thanks for contributing.

Yes he does and I've had to administer the epipen on a couple of occasions now, both times at Grandparents house, which as previously stated is not the one in my dream.

At first I too thought that this was merely an 'anxiety' dream about managing this, as it is, as I'm sure you can appreciate, a daily challenge for both him and us as a whole family.

What I am curious about with this dream is it's connection to the previous one, if indeed it is connected at all and if so the interrelationship between the two. Also the symbolism/meaning of the glass or plastic trousers (pants) which in some way seemed to be a barrier (or shield as you put it) to administering life saving care. Also his age, why he would appear to be younger than he actually is?

What concerns me most of all about this one is that I did not see him recover, no one called 999 (911 in the US) and I do not have any impression about whether he lived or died. Again that may just be my anxiety but could mean something more?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes he does and I've had to administer the epipen on a couple of occasions now, both times at Grandparents house, which as previously stated is not the one in my dream.

At first I too thought that this was merely an 'anxiety' dream about managing this, as it is, as I'm sure you can appreciate, a daily challenge for both him and us as a whole family.

What I am curious about with this dream is it's connection to the previous one, if indeed it is connected at all and if so the interrelationship between the two. Also the symbolism/meaning of the glass or plastic trousers (pants) which in some way seemed to be a barrier (or shield as you put it) to administering life saving care. Also his age, why he would appear to be younger than he actually is?

What concerns me most of all about this one is that I did not see him recover, no one called 999 (911 in the US) and I do not have any impression about whether he lived or died. Again that may just be my anxiety but could mean something more?

To me, the first part of your dream might indicate that you are contemplating some kind of change in your life, ... one that includes all of the members of your family.

The tine-in to the second part of the dream might be your mind's realization that, no matter what the change, you will continue to deal with the anxiety associated with keeping your son safe from allergic reaction.

The inpenetrable pants are an illustration of that anxiety, ... that, despite your best efforts, you fear that you will face challenges to keeping your son safe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Kids often appear younger in dreams than they really are. They can appear to be any age at which you remember them. The ambiguousness of the result of the dream to some extent represents the fact that you know that this can be a life or death situation. Also, for me, many times dreams end when I am awakened by something external to my sleep (i.e. an alarm, my wife moving in the bed, my dog wanting me to let her out, etc.). My point is dreams often end in an unresolved manner simply because their time has run out.

P.S. I should warn you that these are just my impressions, based upon my experience with dreams, and how I feel they have impacted my life. I have and make no claim to any particular expertise in this area. I think that dreams are, for the most part, .... your unconscious (i.e. sleeping) mind going over stuff that your conscious mind is dealing with ... or has dealt with in the past.

For instance, in the past I have had a bit of a problem getting to appointments on-time. Given that I am now almost 60, I do much better now, and really, did not do horribly in my past life. Hoewever, I was often in the "last minute" mindset, ... not KNOWING if I was going to make my appointment on-time or not. My wife would say, "If a stray dog crosses your path, ... that's going to make you late."

As a result, many of my dreams have to do with trying to get "to places" or appointments ... before I incur some type of penalty for lateness or absence (i.e. I flunk the test, the train/car/bus leaves me, the show is over, etc.).

All this to say that the significant issues/thoughts/anxieties which occupy the conscious mind ... will often also show up in your dreams (your unconscious mind).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To me, the first part of your dream might indicate that you are contemplating some kind of change in your life, ... one that includes all of the members of your family.

The tine-in to the second part of the dream might be your mind's realization that, no matter what the change, you will continue to deal with the anxiety associated with keeping your son safe from allergic reaction.

The inpenetrable pants are an illustration of that anxiety, ... that, despite your best efforts, you fear that you will face challenges to keeping your son safe.

I think the correct expression is "You've hit the nail on the head!" with this.

I am indeed contemplating (and as a family we have been discussing) some major changes due to a recent change in my circumstances, which has the potential to render us homeless (although not until the New Year hopefully) which also ties in with the first part of the dream.

One option for us would be to move in with Grandparents at their house, which is perhaps why I was uncertain about the location of the 2nd half of this dream and is perhaps why they were waiting in the back yard of our broken down security of the first dream.

This does fill me with anxiety, especially as I have had to administer the Epipen to Dan twice whilst there, largely due to Mamie's love of nuts (peanuts and others), an influx of foods from other not so well regulated cultures (e.g. the Bonbon Piment) and perhaps in part a lackadaisical or careless attitude to what is ultimately a very serious issue (i.e Mamie saying "It's mine!" defensively).

"Impenetrable Pants" I love that phrase although may have to change it to Troublesome Trousers for a UK audience. I think that they may well represent the challenges as I am concerned that the whole place might be contaminated and am on high alert whenever we are there (which is often).

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the correct expression is "You've hit the nail on the head!" with this.

I am indeed contemplating (and as a family we have been discussing) some major changes due to a recent change in my circumstances, which has the potential to render us homeless (although not until the New Year hopefully) which also ties in with the first part of the dream.

One option for us would be to move in with Grandparents at their house, which is perhaps why I was uncertain about the location of the 2nd half of this dream and is perhaps why they were waiting in the back yard of our broken down security of the first dream.

This does fill me with anxiety, especially as I have had to administer the Epipen to Dan twice whilst there, largely due to Mamie's love of nuts (peanuts and others), an influx of foods from other not so well regulated cultures (e.g. the Bonbon Piment) and perhaps in part a lackadaisical or careless attitude to what is ultimately a very serious issue (i.e Mamie saying "It's mine!" defensively).

"Impenetrable Pants" I love that phrase although may have to change it to Troublesome Trousers for a UK audience. I think that they may well represent the challenges as I am concerned that the whole place might be contaminated and am on high alert whenever we are there (which is often).

I pray that things work out for you and your family.

Reactions: Christie insb
Upvote 0