Dream interpretation required

Sharon10

Feb 25, 2012
✟15,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Recently, one of our family friend's grandson had to undergo an eye surgery. My mom insisted that we visit them that evening. That afternoon, I took a nap, and had a dream about them. In the dream, the old lady had come to my house and was handing over photos of her dead husband (I have never seen or me her husband when he was alive). It was like a person who was full of fire and only his face was visible. I saw his spirit. It was scary. Then in that dream that lady was showing her husband's funeral photo to my mom. I got scared, and I woke up from my dream and told my mom not to visit their home that day. Just before 5 minutes, my dad who was in another city, called home and told my mom not to go there.

Can anyone please interpret this dream for me. Sometimes my dead grandfather comes in my dreams. Why do dead people appear in dreams? Does it indicate spiritual warfare, enemy attacking us?

Thanks,
Sharon

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟24,698.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
In the dream, the old lady (the grandmother of the person who had the operation I assumre) had come to my house (Inside the house or just greeted at the door?) and was handing over photos of her dead husband (She is holding on to something of her husband. In this cintext, probably some kind of spiritual connection) (I have never seen or me her husband when he was alive). It was like a person who was full of fire (consumed by a destructive force) and only his face was visible (Showing you an influence behind the scenes/face. This may be symbolic of judgement). I saw his spirit. It was scary (The image commumicated something spiritually to you). Then in that dream that lady was showing her husband's funeral photo to my mom (I think this is where the timing of the dream is significant & you obviously picked up on this when you warned your mother not to visit. ). I got scared, and I woke up from my dream and told my mom not to visit their home that day. Just before 5 minutes, my dad who was in another city, called home and told my mom not to go there. (Given what happened here, you consciously or unconsciously correctly interpreted the dream as a warning dream)

Sometimes my dead grandfather comes in my dreams. (I'd suggest you post in a separate threads as much detail as you can remember from the dreams)

Why do dead people appear in dreams? Does it indicate spiritual warfare, enemy attacking us?

It can be a number of things, the context of the dream & feelings you have can help determine this:
1. Your subconscious creating an image of them to symbolize something.
2. The Lord giving a dream or vision to symbolize something
3. Demonic/familiar spirits posing as them - this can be an overt attack or deceptive in nature to try & make people believe lies
4. The Lord allowing some kind of communication with the the person in their after-life (I haven't seen any cases where I am convinced this has occurred, but I wouldn't rule it out)

I know at least one person on this forum who believes it is only ever #3. But I believe it could be any of the 3 above & possibly the 4th, but I think for #4, the dream/vision would need a lot of other significant signs to indicate this.

Sometimes #1 & #2 can be so dramatic it can seem like a demonic entity.

Sometimes something we are doing or about to do can bring us into contact with a demonic spirit associated with what we are about to do. And I think it's often not easy to discern between the Lord showing an image that represents the demon as a warning vs experiencing something of the entity itself. I think your dream above is an example of this.

I think the bottom line tho is getting the message, which I think you did in the case of the dream you posted.

It would be interesting to hear your father's thoughts on why he gave the warning.

Is there anything from the lifestyle of this family that might ring warning bells - eg occult involvment, rebellion, manipulation, freemasonry, new age practices, firey temper/anger? Sometimes things which happen to our bodies/houses can be symbolic of things going on in our family's lives. eg grandson's eye surgery - needing help to see something.

Last edited:
Reactions: parsley
Upvote 0

WeWillSeeHimWhenHeAppears

Every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him
May 8, 2012
✟7,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can anyone please interpret this dream for me. Sometimes my dead grandfather comes in my dreams. Why do dead people appear in dreams? Does it indicate spiritual warfare, enemy attacking us?

The presence of a dead person does not in itself indicate spiritual warfare. But the imagery can. In this case, you and your dad both gave the same advice. I would take this dream as most likely being a warning from God in that case, not to go there.

Your reaction to the dream was to immediately tell your mom not to go there. So, in a way, the actual contents of the dream were not as important as the final result --- that you told your mom not to go there. You might want to think of it this way: The Lord knew "just the right dream" to give you so that you would tell your mom not to go there. He gave you that dream (spooky as it was), and in turn, you told your mom not to go there. Wow! It worked!

End result: Your mom did not go there (I presume).

Reactions: parsley
Upvote 0

humblewatchman

Two greatest commandements are to love.
Nov 13, 2011
West Coast...USA
✟18,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good things spoken here. I would only add that there are several reasons we sometimes see people in our dreams that we love and that have passed on. Could be simply that because we miss them. In your case you dream of your grandfather. Grandfathers can symbolize supreme wisdom sometimes too, as they are older and wiser than our earthly fathers. If your grandpa was, for example, a reliable source of comfort and love for you, then he could be appearing in your dreams when you need some extra love in real life. If he was a dedicated hard worker, he may be in your dream to tell you to get busy working harder.

So, you see, those who have passed on are seen as symbols for us in our dreams, just like people who are still alive are. This is true with one exception...if you have dreams of them that result in real emotional tears and turmoil, it means that you have not fully accepted and dealt with their passing away. I am sorry to hear of his passing and that you probably do miss him. I miss mine too.

I too, would love to hear how your father was inspired to call your mom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
HW said:
there are several reasons we sometimes see people in our dreams that we love and that have passed on.
FW said:
1. Your subconscious creating an image of them to symbolize something.
The symbolism is the most common one I see. The person might have been a favorite, a comfort even when they weren't around. Or they might represent fear and anxiety, authorities that don't make sense, bringing up feelings of deprivation or being loved.

The whole feeling that accompanies that person showing up, is the whole message that fits the dream situation. Meaning conveyed without needing so many words.

When I try to write out split-second dreams, it takes pages. The symbols contain a lot of information.

(Or maybe I just like to chatter on and on through writing, lol.)

So, in a way, the actual contents of the dream were not as important as the final result --- that you told your mom not to go there. You might want to think of it this way: The Lord knew "just the right dream" to give you so that you would tell your mom not to go there. He gave you that dream (spooky as it was), and in turn, you told your mom not to go there.
That does sound likely.

The focus should have been on the boy getting the eye surgery.
So true! They probably did express that in waking hours.

Upvote 0