Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure where to post this, I chose this forum as this has more specifically to do with a dream I had years ago that I will post here.

"Back in 2014, I had a dream in which ISIS invaded the US from the south. Four ISIS fighters, wearing black Islamic militant garb pulled by hand a giant cannon into the heart of the country as me and 2 friends watched from a distance. They fired sporadically as they went and the news began reporting the conflict soon after the shots started. Well in Houston, ISIS fighters suddenly emerged and began multiplying rapidly, capturing men, women, and children. Those who resisted were rounded up in a big town square, stripped naked, and executed by beheading. People were cursing violently, women and children were being raped and sold into slavery. Towards the end of the dream I was presented with an opportunity to take up arms and fight against ISIS or lay them down and live a peaceful life, one that I somehow knew would bring hardship and suffering. I chose to lay down the weapons. An overwhelming feeling of despair took hold of me. That feeling lasted for several days."

Now what does this dream have to do with Israel, and why is it causing me so much grief?

True, my dream has a number of differences from reality. It's not ISIS but Hamas. It's not in America, but in Israel. But truthfully, that's about where the differences end.

What do we know?

Hamas attacked Israel, secretly from the south, pre-empted by a massive artillery bombardment. They captured men, women, and children suddenly and massacred many of them. Many times, God uses symbolism in dreams to represent actual events, and we need interpretation to see the meaning.

I just feel overwhelmed that I was warned about this and did nothing. Now truth be told, what could I do? Nothing, besides pray, which I have been. Actually, just a few weeks ago, this dream came back to memory after years of dormancy and I wasn't sure why. I suppose I know why now, but perhaps there's more meaning to it than just the Israeli conflict?

• Prayers
Reactions: tturt

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The difficulty with prophecy sometimes, is knowing what is 'the timing' of things that one is being shown.

What happened in Israel sounds very much like the events in your dream.
Perhaps your application is accurate, in that the dream was about Israel and not America.

But, 'what if' your dream really IS about America?
(And that it just hasn't happened yet?)

(... No response necessary; just something you might want to consider.)

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Many times, God uses symbolism in dreams to represent actual events, and we need interpretation to see the meaning.
Anything that GOD has shown you can be understood by Him if we ask.

I wouldn't automatically think that dream has some sort of connection with current events. That's something entirely different.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi brother and so good to see familiar faces in this post as well. Blessings to all of you. :wave:

I re-read your thread in the Spirit Filled section of CF and came across this one here. What I wondered when I re-read your dream was what was going on in your personal life back in 2014 (no need to answer here - maybe continue to take to the Lord - but this was what came to mind for me)? Both back in 2014 and so far this year, things have been challenging for believers so it will be interesting what the Lord reveals to you concerning bringing this dream back front and center for you.

I've again been brought back to Ephesians 6 with the black robed ISIS terrorists representing the principalities and powers/spiritual warfare and the choice given to you of picking up a weapon and fighting/not fighting maybe linked to by Eph 6:17, namely the sword of the Spirit or the Word of God to fight this warfare. But ultimately this will be something for you to take back to the Lord.

I have only had 1 dream linked to what was currently going on in the world and that was around the time when ISIS entered Syria and slaughtered so many Christians and Yazidis. I woke up in tears and remember logging it on CF back in 2013/2014, calling for prayer. Interestingly I've not had one since as the rest of my dreams tends to be instructional or personal to me.

These kinds of dreams are definitely something we need to take to the Lord, especially when it leaves such a strong imprint on waking up - & I agree with what Arbiter01 said to continue to press into the Lord to ask Him for discernment with it.

Blessings to you guys :hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: ss51
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Not sure where to post this, I chose this forum as this has more specifically to do with a dream I had years ago that I will post here.

"Back in 2014, I had a dream in which ISIS invaded the US from the south. Four ISIS fighters, wearing black Islamic militant garb pulled by hand a giant cannon into the heart of the country as me and 2 friends watched from a distance. They fired sporadically as they went and the news began reporting the conflict soon after the shots started. Well in Houston, ISIS fighters suddenly emerged and began multiplying rapidly, capturing men, women, and children. Those who resisted were rounded up in a big town square, stripped naked, and executed by beheading. People were cursing violently, women and children were being raped and sold into slavery. Towards the end of the dream I was presented with an opportunity to take up arms and fight against ISIS or lay them down and live a peaceful life, one that I somehow knew would bring hardship and suffering. I chose to lay down the weapons. An overwhelming feeling of despair took hold of me. That feeling lasted for several days."

Now what does this dream have to do with Israel, and why is it causing me so much grief?

True, my dream has a number of differences from reality. It's not ISIS but Hamas. It's not in America, but in Israel. But truthfully, that's about where the differences end.

What do we know?

Hamas attacked Israel, secretly from the south, pre-empted by a massive artillery bombardment. They captured men, women, and children suddenly and massacred many of them. Many times, God uses symbolism in dreams to represent actual events, and we need interpretation to see the meaning.

I just feel overwhelmed that I was warned about this and did nothing. Now truth be told, what could I do? Nothing, besides pray, which I have been. Actually, just a few weeks ago, this dream came back to memory after years of dormancy and I wasn't sure why. I suppose I know why now, but perhaps there's more meaning to it than just the Israeli conflict?
I do not believe this dream has anything to do with Israel. As related in the dream it is America, and daily we observe the southern border an open gate for terrorists and murderers to enter.

ISIS in the dream represents all Islamic terrorists including Hamas.

Your laying down your arms represents the apathy of the church which refuses to take responsibility for the spiritual health of the nation.

We are called to war, spiritual warfare as a spiritual army bold and strong, but the church has bred an army of indifference.

Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What do we know?

Hi ByTheSpirit,

When we are given dreams, the Holy Spirit is the one Who is getting us prepared for something we must do or something we need to be aware of. The revelation of dreams don’t always come automatically, and sometimes takes some time based on events that might need to take place. But when the Holy Spirit is ready to reveal all to you, you will not need to ask anyone. You will know without a doubt.

I can assure you that the Holy Spirit does give us answers. I had dreams and by the time the Holy Spirit revealed to me the meaning of the dream, through what I thought was a delay in answering, He was working in me to give me the strength I needed to follow His guidance.

May God bless you! You are blessed!

Upvote 0