Married
Dr. Fauci Accused of Hatch Act Violations

"A complaint against Dr. Anthony Fauci alleges that the director of the
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) violated
the Hatch Act—which prohibits government employees from “us[ing]
his official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with
or affecting the result of an election.”

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,803.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Is that where you get your news from? PJ Media?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They don't say much about who they are but every picture they posted of someone they'd exposed was a Democrat.

Non-partisan? No.

Dr. Fauci truly was non-partisan. He served presidents in both parties.

But in his work on COVID he needed to protect the public from deception and danger. So when the former president promoted false information and quack cures, promoted quacks to positions of responsibility, held unmasked contagion fests, and almost died himself due to arrogance and unsafe practices, Dr. Fauci's telling it like it is was not partisan. It was courageous, bold, and principled.

PPT? Now that's partisan.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"Dr. Fauci nevertheless offered his evaluation of the Biden campaign’s approach to the COVID-19 pandemic relative to the approach taken by President Trump and connected differences in the nation’s likely health outcomes to the different approaches."

Sounds like an expert giving expert opinion on his area of expertise. There was no endorsement of a candidate or campaigning on anyone's behalf.

But since Erode (er, Protect) the Public's Trust has existed for less than three months, they are probably new at this and need time to develop some expertise of their own.

Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ethics Watchdog Accuses Trump Officials Of 15 Hatch Act Violations During Conventions

CREW has already alleged multiple violations of the Hatch Act by Trump officials for their roles in the GOP convention but now they are citing 15 instances of “illegal activity” by 9 top administration officials that have “flown under the radar.”

Allegations against Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, White House senior adviser Jared Kushner, trade adviser Peter Navarro, economic adviser Larry Kudlow, Vice Presidential chief of staff Marc Short and senior counselor Kellyanne Conway center on interviews they gave in their official government capacities in which they made political statements.

"I Don't Really Care. Do U?"

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="Fantine, post: 76061881, member: 114159"
But in his work on COVID he needed to protect the public from deception and danger. So when the former president promoted false information and quack cures, promoted quacks to positions of responsibility, held unmasked contagion fests, and almost died himself due to arrogance and unsafe practices, Dr. Fauci's telling it like it is was not partisan. It was courageous, bold, and principled.

[/QUOTE]

Fauci does have some serious faults, however, that did lead to a certain amount of deception and obfuscation of some true situations.

For instance, he should have told this truth from the outset: That everyone needed to be using N-95 (or KN-95) masks right away. I had figured that out early--logic dictated it. He said otherwise because he was trying to protect the supply for the medical community. But that was not his call to make. If he had told the truth about masks up front, it would have created a national impetus to convert industries to make as many masks as needed. Instead, he actually destroyed the market that would encourage industrial conversion to mask production.

The second thing he did wrong was to characterize "flattening the curve" as the goal for government and citizen action. Of course, flattening the curve was another attempt to protect the medical community. It was essentially a lateral pass, a holding action, not a movement toward the goal.

And that was the third thing he did wrong, actually an essential misunderstanding of his actual role. His particular role, as a direct advisor to the president, was to give the president the best advice in how to achieve the goals of the president...which is to keep the country in operation. Fauci was far too tunnel-visioned in thinking that meeting the needs of the medical community was identical to meeting the needs of the nation.

Let me put this into a military context: We have medical people in the military who are experts on biological weapons. If they had the same mindset as Fauci, their advice to the commander about operating in an environment of biological weapons would be, "Make sure all the doctors have all the masks, and don't fight the war until we have defeated the biological danger."

Except that's exactly what the enemy wants you to do. They want you to stand still while they overrun your position and occupy your territory. So the military doctors advise the commander of how can continue to fight in the midst of the contagion while keeping his troops as safe as possible at the same time. Not continuing the fight is not an option.

In the same way, it was clear to my by February of last year that the actual goal was implementation of an effective vaccine, and that would not happen for at least a year, maybe two. It was also clear that there could not be a complete shut-down for that long. Fauci did not give the proper advice for operating the nation in the midst of the contagion.

I think his same tunnel-mindedness has led to his implication in what might have been problems in the Wu Han facility. I don't think he ever really understood that the Chinese scientists he was working with were, first and foremost, operatives of the totalitarian Chinese government, operating within their control, not pure science, and that they would lie to him about their shortfalls in order to support the Chinese government.

• Informative
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Fauci does have some serious faults, however, that did lead to a certain amount of deception and obfuscation of some true situations.

For instance, he should have told this truth from the outset: That everyone needed to be using N-95 (or KN-95) masks right away. I had figured that out early--logic dictated it. He said otherwise because he was trying to protect the supply for the medical community. But that was not his call to make. If he had told the truth about masks up front, it would have created a national impetus to convert industries to make as many masks as needed. Instead, he actually destroyed the market that would encourage industrial conversion to mask production.

The second thing he did wrong was to characterize "flattening the curve" as the goal for government and citizen action. Of course, flattening the curve was another attempt to protect the medical community. It was essentially a lateral pass, a holding action, not a movement toward the goal.

And that was the third thing he did wrong, actually an essential misunderstanding of his actual role. His particular role, as a direct advisor to the president, was to give the president the best advice in how to achieve the goals of the president...which is to keep the country in operation. Fauci was far too tunnel-visioned in thinking that meeting the needs of the medical community was identical to meeting the needs of the nation.

Let me put this into a military context: We have medical people in the military who are experts on biological weapons. If they had the same mindset as Fauci, their advice to the commander about operating in an environment of biological weapons would be, "Make sure all the doctors have all the masks, and don't fight the war until we have defeated the biological danger."

Except that's exactly what the enemy wants you to do. They want you to stand still while they overrun your position and occupy your territory. So the military doctors advise the commander of how can continue to fight in the midst of the contagion while keeping his troops as safe as possible at the same time. Not continuing the fight is not an option.

In the same way, it was clear to my by February of last year that the actual goal was implementation of an effective vaccine, and that would not happen for at least a year, maybe two. It was also clear that there could not be a complete shut-down for that long. Fauci did not give the proper advice for operating the nation in the midst of the contagion.

I think his same tunnel-mindedness has led to his implication in what might have been problems in the Wu Han facility. I don't think he ever really understood that the Chinese scientists he was working with were, first and foremost, operatives of the totalitarian Chinese government, operating within their control, not pure science, and that they would lie to him about their shortfalls in order to support the Chinese government.

Is this your professional medical opinion?

And also, what does any of this have to do with accusations of Fauci violating the Hatch act?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this your professional medical opinion?

That's my point: The issues Fauci was weighing against were not medical. They were logistical and economic. For instance, he himself now admits that he lied about masks to protect N-95 masks for the medical community. Solving the ppe logistical problem was not his call...it was his call to state the true enormity of the problem and let the people who could actually control the logistics do so.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ethics Watchdog Accuses Trump Officials Of 15 Hatch Act Violations During Conventions

CREW has already alleged multiple violations of the Hatch Act by Trump officials for their roles in the GOP convention but now they are citing 15 instances of “illegal activity” by 9 top administration officials that have “flown under the radar.”

Allegations against Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, White House senior adviser Jared Kushner, trade adviser Peter Navarro, economic adviser Larry Kudlow, Vice Presidential chief of staff Marc Short and senior counselor Kellyanne Conway center on interviews they gave in their official government capacities in which they made political statements.

"I Don't Really Care. Do U?"

And also, what does any of this have to do with accusations of Fauci violating the Hatch act?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, most the time not continuing the fight can be the best option all around.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, most the time not continuing the fight can be the best option all around.

It's not an option for the commander.

My point is that chief executives have a goal and mission, which is their job. The advisors to the chief executives have the job of helping them get their jobs done. Fauci did not give the president the straightforward information the president actually needed, but slanted his information for the benefit of the medical community.

• Informative
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I don't think so... We can accuse Fauci of quite a lot very legitimately, but I don't think he can be accused of that.

Well, I take that back he can be accused all day long, but I don't think it will hold weight legally.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

It has to do with Republicans suddenly caring about things like Hatch Act violations when they didn't care AT ALL before. So, yeah, my post has everything to do with the OP.

But again:

"I Really Don't Care. Do U?"

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Pointless, but common complaint. Citizens complain about me every election, regardless of who wins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not an option for the commander.
Of course it is. Why do you think we are out of Viet Nam and Afghanistan? It is the commander's decision.

My point is that chief executives have a goal and mission, which is their job. The advisors to the chief executives have the job of helping them get their jobs done. Fauci did not give the president the straightforward information the president actually needed, but slanted his information for the benefit of the medical community.
I believe you are sorely mistaken - it was and is the good doctor's job to give his advice for the health of the nation, which means keeping the hospitals up and running during a nationwide epidemic, a global pandemic.

It's not like anyone is omniscient. To blame someone for not knowing everything about a novel disease that was killing vast numbers of citizens is ridonculous.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When you get paid more than the President does it can make for a huge ego which Fauci had and showed it when he was fired his ego was hurt so he went shopping to the left media for attention and turned on Trump.
Dr. Fauci was not fired. He is still working the same post he had during the previous administration. Where do you get these things?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

This is clearly a political witch hunt.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Fauci is a hack....... more of a bureaucrat than a doctor the reason he served so many presidents was because he was paid way too much and would do whatever was needed to keep his cushy job where he was the big IT.
When you get paid more than the President does it can make for a huge ego which Fauci had and showed it when he was fired his ego was hurt so he went shopping to the left media for attention and turned on Trump. If he had
been fired by Obama he would have turned to the right media for attention. I think the jerk even wrote a book like almost everyone that gets mad at Trump does.
Yet another admission that Trump was unable to hire anyone good and in this case unable to fire someone he believed was bad. Trump was apparently not strong at all when it came to things like putting good people into positions of power.

Upvote 0