Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Today it's official, I had my last physical therapy session. She said I'm strong enough that I don't need to continue at this time. She did a test and I am stronger than I was when she did the first test 3 months ago. I wanted to continue but insurance has certain requirements that I don't meet. It is good news that I've made progress though. My glutes still need some work though.

I will continue Aqua jogging twice a week along with strength training once a week. And try to fill in with some of the physical therapy exercises she gave me. My Hope is my February to be able to do walking as exercise. For aqua jogging I'm up to 116 leg strokes in 1 minute. I'm pretty nervous about the day that I can start activity outside of the water. I just pray that I can work out my core and back side, as they are very important for balance. Also the discipline of stretching.

sampa
sampa
Goal for December. Three times a week workouts at the YMCA as long as I'm not in a plow truck. If I end up having to plow, sleep, nutrition and water intake will be my focus for the week. Nutrition wise I will try to watch watch my water intake and minimize the sugar.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟96,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Alright, I’m finally not wheezing as much when I breathe so it’s time to get back on the wagon!

Goals for December:
-finish the Bible (I’m currently ahead of schedule, woohoo!)
-push myself to be social with my small group. A lot of introverts in there so I’ve been pushing myself to organize weekly lunches and making people feel welcome and wanted at the holiday parties. I’m even thinking of hosting a New Year’s Eve party.
-eat the food I have (my pantry is overflowing so I need to make more meals with what I have instead of always seeking new things)
-finish the year with one last mile run that beats my beginning of year time. The RSV/flu I got last month did a number on my already asthmatic lungs, so I imagine my running has totally backslid. Still… I think if I work at it I can beat my start of year time.

Let’s go!!

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,469.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Looks like everyone has quit whatever they are doing.
Quitting, is unfortunately, not really my thing. I can't quit eating too much, can't quit cursing, can't quit doubting, can't quit jumping to conclusions, can't quit being lazy, can't quit procrastinating... I really am terrible at this whole concept of quitting : p. Lol, kidding.

In all seriousness, being stubborn and "never giving up" can be a major character flaw-- I probably would be a lot happier had I quit my job a long, long, long, looooooong time ago. Long before I became the manager.... but alas...

So all my goals are going to be the same as last month. Get my lazy rear out of bed, do not eat out, do not get sugary lattes, do workout, do read my Bible, do carve out time to walk while at work. Just hopefully this month, I can be more consistent.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,933.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
In all seriousness, being stubborn and "never giving up" can be a major character flaw-- I probably would be a lot happier had I quit my job a long, long, long, looooooong time ago. Long before I became the manager.... but alas...
Stability is a good thing. Could have been worse if you quit earlier. It's a gamble.

I on the other hand quit more than is necessary and the consequences were never good.

Reactions: mojoboy31
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Row machine today before strength training. Quads are definitely feeling it. Worked time back and shoulders. Had a little help with the EZ bar in the free weights room and figuring out how to hold it to pull it up. They don't have the same equipment as the other YMCA that I did my training at.

I was given an alternative since there was no wall space for me to bounce the medicine ball off of... I was supposed to have a 5 lb medicine ball to bounce off the wall and twist turn bounce off the Wall catch and twist turn right. But instead I laid out on my mat in the aerobics room and took the 15 lb medicine ball, the only one they have, and did a bounce and twist on the floor to each side. That was a fun workout.

A side note, I think I embarrassed some of these younger guys. I remember when I was younger and just starting out how it took some time to build muscle. But I've also got some fat under there through the years. I felt like Amazon woman standing next to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: mojoboy31
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟241,469.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Top four file on the row machine today before strength training. Quads are definitely feeling it. Worked time back and shoulders. Had a little help with the EZ bar in the free weights room and figuring out how to hold it to pull it up. They don't have the same equipment as the other YMCA that I did my training at.

I was given an alternative since there was no wall space for me to bounce the medicine ball off of... I was supposed to have a 5 lb medicine ball to bounce off the wall and twist turn bounce off the Wall catch and twist turn right. But instead I laid out on my mat in the aerobics room and took the 15 lb medicine ball, the only one they have, and did a bounce and twist on the floor to each side. That was a fun workout.

A side note, I think I embarrassed some of these younger guys. I remember when I was younger and just starting out how it took some time to build muscle. But I've also got some fat under there through the years. I felt like Amazon woman standing next to them.
Impressive!

Today went pretty alright. Didn't snooze like there's no tomorrow, didn't get sugary coffee, DID eat out for lunch, but chose the most healthy option, did walk on my break, though I only carved out time for one. Need to workout and make something healthy for dinner, read my Bible, and get to bed at a semi-decent hour. Wish me luck.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Mountain biking is my main form of exercise. Unfortunately, it can be tough to get out there in the off season. It gets dark earlier, the trails can be covered with leaves, and this year has been particularly rainy. Wet trails are closed around here. Fortunately, there are hilly gravel roads near where I work that are usually open the main trails are closed. However, those gravel roads run through a forest that is now closed on weekdays for deer hunting. This means I can't just bring my bike to work and ride during my lunch break. When the deer hunt ends in a couple weeks, that's what I'll start doing.

Nevertheless, I do what I can to stay active. I have another bike on a trainer in my garage, which is basically stationary bike now, but rather be out on the trails. I also have a small gym in my basement with a weight bench, rowing machine, kettle bell, and ab roller but that isn't enough in and of itself. This is where VR dancing enters the picture. At least I can do something fun while exercising when I can't be outside.

sampa
sampa
VR dancing?
Upvote 0
Miles
Miles
@sampa, I'm not sure how to reply to comments that aren't replies but here goes. I'm talking about dancing games where you earn points by accurately performing moves. Also, just dancing in front of a virtual mirror can be fun. At some point, I might like to take dance lessons in VR.
Upvote 0
sampa
sampa
@Miles that sounds like fun and a good workout!
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tough workout yesterday. Usually Thursdays I don't work out but I was planning on going to a Christmas concert tonight at a church at a distance.

So I bumped my Aqua jogging to that day but my quads were still sore from Wednesday's indoor rowing machine. I still had a pretty good pace and got up to 110 in a minute. I think some parts are a little bit sore today. I've decided I'm not going to the Christmas concert and keep things simple since I still have to work on my Christmas cards at labels.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟241,469.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Buried in work, but I brought coffee from home, so let's go!

20221209_132844.jpg

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟96,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Put a meal plan in place to follow until family gets here for Christmas- it’s a last push to be a little healthy before holiday celebrations cause me to gain 5-10lbs.

Breakfast: coffee
Lunch: smoothie or bag salad
Dinner: protein and roasted veggies
Dessert: fruit popsicles

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
✟241,469.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Put a meal plan in place to follow until family gets here for Christmas- it’s a last push to be a little healthy before holiday celebrations cause me to gain 5-10lbs.

Breakfast: coffee
Lunch: smoothie or bag salad
Dinner: protein and roasted veggies
Dessert: fruit popsicles
Nice!

I really, really, really, really, really ought to meal plan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been successfully working out every day. I didn't today because I was playing with my nieces and that was a workout in itself lol. I do think I need heavier weights though.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The regular trails were closed on Saturday, so I took a fire instead road. It started off with a downhill section, and I did the climb on the way back. Usually, I do it the other way around with climbing first, but it had to do with where I aprked. Thankfully, I upgraded the cassette from 11-42 to 11-46 which gives me additional climbing power when I need it.

I've been successfully working out every day. I didn't today because I was playing with my nieces and that was a workout in itself lol. I do think I need heavier weights though.

Nice. Nieces and nephews are fun.

I recently ordered more weight plates for my home gym, and feel kind of bad for the delivery driver. Not that I ordered a lot or they're unusually heavy, but thin boxes full of cast iron are probably annoying to ship.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hopefully, it's okay to double post. I rode again yesterday afternoon despite riding the day before. Usually, I'll allow for a recovery day between rides but I wanted to take advantage of the dry weather. Tonight, I'm planning to lift weights in my home gym. Alternating between cardio and resistance. If it rains tomorrow, I'll do more dancing in VR and maybe ride the indoor bike.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rest for this week except maybe one workout. I feel I overdid it Wednesday and Thursday back to back and my shoulder was hurting over the weekend and body in general that I need some more rest. I will focus on some of the Christmas stuff I have to get done and make sure that I stay healthy as a lot of sicknesses going around.

sampa
sampa
I threw out my third workout for the week. My body and mind is telling me I need some kind of reset and I have to get things ready for hosting Christmas dinner this Sunday. Also a possible big snow storm will be coming in and that could throw all my plans out the window.

Everyone take care of yourself as this is the season a lot of people get sick from so much hustle and bustle.
  • Agree
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0
Upvote 0