don't Boycott Israel because israel isn't a war criminal.

don't boycott Israel because israel isn't a war criminal.

• yes

• no

• don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you read up on the history of the Zionist lobby that began over 100 years ago and the pressure they have put on Washington politicians, it is quite interesting. Truman, who was in office when Israel was formed, had many misgivings about the political pressure put on his office and with other politicians, from prominent Jewish lobbyists and citizens.

I have no problem with the US supporting Israel, but I do take issue with "blind support" based on pure politics and influential forces that at times used propaganda and threats to get that support.

Truman always opposed religious state but caved to Zionist lobby --Judis

The author of the article you posted should have done better research.

From the Truman library:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Truman's decision to recognize Israel was one of the most difficult decisions of his Presidency. Many on his staff and in his Cabinet argued against recognition, in part because it would anger the surrounding Arab nations and threaten access to the vast oil reserves they held. In the end, though, Truman decided to recognize Israel to provide for a Jewish homeland. The decision was largely personal, stemming from his understanding of the Bible and from his interpretation of historical texts. He was also swayed by the advocacy of longtime Jewish friends like his fellow World War I soldier and early business partner Eddie Jacobson.
[/FONT]
Truman and Israel - Truman Library

Upvote 0

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Originally Posted by andy b
the jews are always wrong in the eyes of some no matter what....they have a right as a democracy to defend there land a land promised to them by god.....im astounded at how many Christians are brainwashed by the Muslim brotherhood hang your heads in shame

They have been wrong from God's view centuries after centuries. Because of their deception and ungodly ways, they were driven out by God for good!

That is utter nonsense...yes they have been scattered over the face of the earth, but G-d always spoke about their redemption, first to the land and then to Himself.

Ez 37:11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are completely cut off.’12 “Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel.13 “Then you will know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people.14.“I will put My Spirit within you and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the LORD, have spoken and done it,” declares the LORD.’”

Upvote 0
D

Digout

Originally Posted by andy b
the jews are always wrong in the eyes of some no matter what....they have a right as a democracy to defend there land a land promised to them by god.....im astounded at how many Christians are brainwashed by the Muslim brotherhood hang your heads in shame

That is utter nonsense...yes they have been scattered over the face of the earth, but G-d always spoke about their redemption, first to the land and then to Himself.

Ez 37:11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are completely cut off.’12 “Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel.13 “Then you will know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people.14.“I will put My Spirit within you and you will come to life, and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the LORD, have spoken and done it,” declares the LORD.’”

There is no point in quoting obsolete and out of context verses from the OT. Many prophecies of the Ezekiel have remained unfulfilled and some of them can never be fulfilled! Some of them were meant during their exile when the book was written.

Upvote 0
D

Digout

The author of the article you posted should have done better research.

From the Truman library:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Truman's decision to recognize Israel was one of the most difficult decisions of his Presidency. Many on his staff and in his Cabinet argued against recognition, in part because it would anger the surrounding Arab nations and threaten access to the vast oil reserves they held. In the end, though, Truman decided to recognize Israel to provide for a Jewish homeland. The decision was largely personal, stemming from his understanding of the Bible and from his interpretation of historical texts. He was also swayed by the advocacy of longtime Jewish friends like his fellow World War I soldier and early business partner Eddie Jacobson.
[/FONT]
Truman and Israel - Truman Library

The only democratic president of USA ever who danced to the tune of a half enlightened people ignoring the NT revelation.

Upvote 0

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is no point in quoting obsolete and out of context verses from the OT. Many prophecies of the Ezekiel have remained unfulfilled and some of them can never be fulfilled! Some of them were meant during their exile when the book was written.

Obsolete....:doh:

Yes there are prophecies that talk of the return of exiles from Babylon, but other prophecies talk of a return from the the whole of the world and also talk of the Jewish people never again being uprooted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Obsolete....:doh:

Yes there are prophecies that talk of the return of exiles from Babylon, but other prophecies talk of a return from the the whole of the world and also talk of the Jewish people never again being uprooted.

Replacement theology is bunk but some obstinately persist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please don't utter this before a Jew; he may snub you because they have been claiming Jerusalem as their capital since inception of unrecognized state of Israel!

Jerusalem should be their capital, however, there are historical reasons why presently is not. Secondly, 83% of the word's countries recognize Israel as a sovereign nation. For the most part, nations that do not recognize Israel are muslim.

Upvote 0