don't Boycott Israel because israel isn't a war criminal.

don't boycott Israel because israel isn't a war criminal.

• yes

• no

• don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
D

Digout

Jerusalem should be their capital, however, there are historical reasons why presently is not. Secondly, 83% of the word's countries recognize Israel as a sovereign nation. For the most part, nations that do not recognize Israel are muslim.

That is because of brainwashing done through free flow of money ably supported deluded Christians!

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Archbishop Desmond Tutu throws his weight behind the boycott

Tutu, a man who knows all about injustice and oppression, said the following

"Those who continue to do business with Israel fund the perpetuation of a profoundly unjust status quo.

"Those who withdraw their business are saying Israelis and Palestinians are equally entitled to dignity and peace. Gaza is going to test who believes in the worth of human beings."
Hands up who here shares Tutu's belief in the worth of human beings?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

naveed

Jun 23, 2007
✟33,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Can't see that happening...it is their life-blood.
I don't believe that anyone would disagree that Israel has the right to defend itself against attack, but too often Israeli retaliatory attacks are totally disproportionate. Israel has the best-equipped military in the region, in fact, one of the best-equipped military forces in the world for such a small nation. They also have a very sophisticated defence system to intercept rockets fired from Gaza rendering many of them ineffective. That is not to excuse rocket attacks on Israel or the suicide bombers intent on killing Isralies, but as I said before, too often Israel's response to such terror attacks have been totally disproportionate.
In 2014 Israel entered Gaza under operation Protective Edge, employing the full force of its military might, tanks, rockets, gunships and aircraft to devastating effect, razing large areas to the ground and killing thousands. The UN reported that 2104 Palestinians were killed of whom 1462 were civilians. The last figure included 495 children and 253 women. Sixty-six Israeli soldiers were killed and six Israeli civilians. These figures show just how disproportionate the Israeli response was on this occasion.
The UN on numerous occasions has had their own buildings attacked when civilians were sheltering inside. They have also reported that schools and hospitals have been hit by the Israelis.
Israel continues to build more illegal settlements, ignoring UN resolutions to stop doing so. If Israel gives the impression that it can act with impunity when conducting military operations and in claiming more illegal settlements, then it is hardly surprising that some get the impression that Israel is a rogue state.
One last thing. I honestly believe that but for the fact that Israel and the Jewish people play such an important part in Christianity's bible-based belief, many of the Christians supporting Israel would otherwise not give a rat's backside about that little country, or its people.

Upvote 0

The~Cerberus~Infinite

Nov 19, 2017
Americant
✟1,091.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Israel has been working with the Saudis and the Deep State to provoke war in the MidEast against Iran. Let Israelis die for Israel, it is not our concern. They supported ISIS, with our Deep State. We're all war criminals.

Upvote 0

The~Cerberus~Infinite

Nov 19, 2017
Americant
✟1,091.00
Country
American Samoa
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
45 senators bill that makes boycotting Israel a crime

The American Civil Liberties Union calls the bill a 'direct violation of the First Amendment'

www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/israel-boycott-crime-bill-settlements-senators-support-law-a7852101.html

I would rather see them driven into the sea than see my rights as an American compromised. And if Israel is the source of the degradation of my rights, then I'll be one of the ones to help drive them into the sea.

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They supported ISIS, with our Deep State. We're all war criminals.

Hhhmmnn, okay.

I would rather see them driven into the sea than see my rights as an American compromised.

Okay, calm down. You seem far too ready & keen to eradicate a nation because of how it affects your rights as an American. Seems like that volatility is part of the problem in America today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that anyone would disagree that Israel has the right to defend itself against attack, but too often Israeli retaliatory attacks are totally disproportionate. Israel has the best-equipped military in the region, in fact, one of the best-equipped military forces in the world for such a small nation. They also have a very sophisticated defence system to intercept rockets fired from Gaza rendering many of them ineffective. That is not to excuse rocket attacks on Israel or the suicide bombers intent on killing Isralies, but as I said before, too often Israel's response to such terror attacks have been totally disproportionate.
In 2014 Israel entered Gaza under operation Protective Edge, employing the full force of its military might, tanks, rockets, gunships and aircraft to devastating effect, razing large areas to the ground and killing thousands. The UN reported that 2104 Palestinians were killed of whom 1462 were civilians. The last figure included 495 children and 253 women. Sixty-six Israeli soldiers were killed and six Israeli civilians. These figures show just how disproportionate the Israeli response was on this occasion.
The UN on numerous occasions has had their own buildings attacked when civilians were sheltering inside. They have also reported that schools and hospitals have been hit by the Israelis.
Israel continues to build more illegal settlements, ignoring UN resolutions to stop doing so. If Israel gives the impression that it can act with impunity when conducting military operations and in claiming more illegal settlements, then it is hardly surprising that some get the impression that Israel is a rogue state.
One last thing. I honestly believe that but for the fact that Israel and the Jewish people play such an important part in Christianity's bible-based belief, many of the Christians supporting Israel would otherwise not give a rat's backside about that little country, or its people.

I'm not going to disagree with what you've posted, and I'm not going to soft soap the wrong actions and decisions Israel has made. However I will say that you can't approach that conflict without understanding the deeper forces behind the actions of both sides.
You highlight the very sad indeed examples where innocent Palestinians died due to Israeli retaliation, and yet forget that the Palestinians themselves are so hell-bent on killing every Israeli, that they have killed their OWN people, in an effort to kill a few Israelis. I was there during those times. That's a very twisted mentality to deal with.

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not going to disagree with what you've posted, and I'm not going to soft soap the wrong actions and decisions Israel has made. However I will say that you can't approach that conflict without understanding the deeper forces behind the actions of both sides.
You highlight the very sad indeed examples where innocent Palestinians died due to Israeli retaliation, and yet forget that the Palestinians themselves are so hell-bent on killing every Israeli, that they have killed their OWN people, in an effort to kill a few Israelis. I was there during those times. That's a very twisted mentality to deal with.
I am not going to disagree with you either. I don't believe Hamas is doing the Palestinian people any favours and unless it moves away from its entrenched position there will never be peace and I realize that dealing with people who are fanatical to the point that they would gladly blow themselves up, is difficult in the extreme. However, I believe that it is Israel, as the most powerful nation of the two, that needs to take the lead and attempt to organize meaningful peace talks. For those kinds of talks to work there will need to be comprimise, give and take, something in very short supply at the moment.
Look at Northern Ireland, a place where not too long ago, the idea of a peace settlement would have been thought impossible. But a settlement was reached. It took people to be brave, be prepared to take risks and give and take in order to broker a deal for the benefit of all. It wasn't perfect and the peace that ensued wasn't, and still isn't perfect, but I can assure you that things here are as near to normal as they can be.
I don't think to boycott Israel would serve any purpose other than make them dig their heels in even further. They need to be encouraged to stand up and show the world they are a true democracy and they could do that by going all out for peace with their Palestinian neighbours, difficult as that will be.

Upvote 0