don't Boycott Israel because israel isn't a war criminal.

don't boycott Israel because israel isn't a war criminal.

• yes

• no

• don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you talking about religious Jews or ethnic Jews? Ethnic Jews look white, not black, brown or Chinese.

I make no distinction, and you are wrong in your assumptions.

Define "archetypal middle east version". There are some olive skinned Europeans who look like Arabs, but Jews look totally white, not middle eastern in the slightest.

images

Also check this out...Jews of the Middle East | Jewish Virtual Library

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I make no distinction, and you are wrong in your assumptions.

images

Also check this out...Jews of the Middle East | Jewish Virtual Library

Which assumptions am I wrong about?

How can Ashkenazi Jews even be descendants of the Israelites of the bible? They look totally like white Europeans. Moses and Jesus and David and all the people living in the Bible were middle easterners who were probably light brown or tan, and looked like the Arab guy you posted in the photo above. Therefore, it's absurd to say Israel is their homeland, when most Jews today are descendants of Eastern Europeans. The Khazar theory makes far more sense than the Ashkenazi Jews, who look white, being middle eastern. Very few Jews today (except for Mizrahi Jews) are middle eastern.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's why I think the Khazar theory makes sense. The Jews of the Bible were middle easterners who probably looked light brown. The Jews today look like white Europeans. So how can you say Israel is their homeland? Im not being racist, im just being factual.

Have you ever been to Israel?

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, but I know some people who are Jewish.

I have traveled to Israel many times on business. I can categorically tell you that their skin color is widely diverse ranging from light to dark skin. I would call the average skin color as somewhat light to medium brown consistent with those from the Mediterranean countries.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have traveled to Israel many times on business. I can categorically tell you that their skin color is widely diverse ranging from light to dark skin. I would call the average skin color as somewhat light to medium brown consistent with those from the Mediterranean countries.

The Jews I know dont look middle eastern. They look white and European. So how can you say that Israel is the homeland of the Jews?

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Jews I know dont look middle eastern. They look white and European. So how can you say that Israel is the homeland of the Jews?

Your limited experience does not qualify you to question the ethnicity of the Jews. Second, the state of Israel was formed by UN resolution in 1948. They legally occupy their land.

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
the jews are always wrong in the eyes of some no matter what....they have a right as a democracy to defend there land a land promised to them by god.....im astounded at how many Christians are brainwashed by the Muslim brotherhood hang your heads in shame

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hamas needs to renounce violence.

When Arafat's people stopped shooting rockets at school buses, eventually the Israelis negotiated with them.

Hamas likewise needs to renounce violence and figure some theoretical way in their minds to coexist with Israelis, rather than seek their destruction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which assumptions am I wrong about?

How can Ashkenazi Jews even be descendants of the Israelites of the bible? They look totally like white Europeans. Moses and Jesus and David and all the people living in the Bible were middle easterners who were probably light brown or tan, and looked like the Arab guy you posted in the photo above. Therefore, it's absurd to say Israel is their homeland, when most Jews today are descendants of Eastern Europeans. The Khazar theory makes far more sense than the Ashkenazi Jews, who look white, being middle eastern. Very few Jews today (except for Mizrahi Jews) are middle eastern.

I get the impression that you are going to believe whatever you want to believe about the Jewish people, and no amount of information will make a dent in your assumptions...you feel free to fully embrace the Khazar myth, but maybe you will realize differently in years to come.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I get the impression that you are going to believe whatever you want to believe about the Jewish people, and no amount of information will make a dent in your assumptions...you feel free to fully embrace the Khazar myth, but maybe you will realize differently in years to come.

How can the Khazar theory be a myth when Jews look white?

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are you calling my experience limited?

Just having some Jewish friends in your native country does not mean that you know what Jews look like in Israel. I did not mean this as a pejorative but merely stating fact. I have several friends that are Native Americans and yet do not have the typical physical traits of Native Americans. that does not mean that they are not Native Americans. It is reasonable to expect a change in appearance, such as traditional skin color, from traditional expectations when the society in question has not lived in their native area for two thousand years.

Upvote 0
D

Digout

Your limited experience does not qualify you to question the ethnicity of the Jews. Second, the state of Israel was formed by UN resolution in 1948. They legally occupy their land.

Israel declared independence unilaterally without adhering to the complete resolution of the UN. Therefore, their occupation is illegal, and the state is unrecognized by many countries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
D

Digout

the jews are always wrong in the eyes of some no matter what....they have a right as a democracy to defend there land a land promised to them by god.....im astounded at how many Christians are brainwashed by the Muslim brotherhood hang your heads in shame

They have been wrong from God's view centuries after centuries. Because of their deception and ungodly ways, they were driven out by God for good!

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Israel declared independence unilaterally without adhering to the complete resolution of the UN. Therefore, their occupation is illegal, and the state is unrecognized by many countries.

Citation please.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here is a list of countries and their status regarding recognition of Israel. 83% of the countries of the world recognize Israel.

International recognition of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you read up on the history of the Zionist lobby that began over 100 years ago and the pressure they have put on Washington politicians, it is quite interesting. Truman, who was in office when Israel was formed, had many misgivings about the political pressure put on his office and with other politicians, from prominent Jewish lobbyists and citizens.

I have no problem with the US supporting Israel, but I do take issue with "blind support" based on pure politics and influential forces that at times used propaganda and threats to get that support.

Truman always opposed religious state but caved to Zionist lobby --Judis

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you read up on the history of the Zionist lobby that began over 100 years ago and the pressure they have put on Washington politicians, it is quite interesting. Truman, who was in office when Israel was formed, had many misgivings about the political pressure put on his office and with other politicians, from prominent Jewish lobbyists and citizens.

I have no problem with the US supporting Israel, but I do take issue with "blind support" based on pure politics and influential forces that at times used propaganda and threats to get that support.

Truman always opposed religious state but caved to Zionist lobby --Judis

The Israeli Government is actually pretty secular, there are even Muslims that are a part of the Israeli Government...

The Arabs that stayed when Israel became a country, became Israeli citizens...

Fact of the matter is, if people want the real reason why there isn't a Palestine, it is because the other Middle Eastern Countries invaded, and when they failed to wipe out the Israelis, they decided to keep the land that should have belonged to the Palestinians.

Nobody cared about the Palestinians and them having a country of their own, until after Israel took West Bank from Jordan, Gaza and the Sinai from Egypt, and the Golan Heights from Syria, back in the 60s. Then the Middle Eastern decided to demand the Palestinians have a country of their own.

Upvote 0