Dec 29, 2013
✟347,296.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I like this idea. Unfortunately the system is very unlikely to be changed due to the need for a Constitutional amendment to change it and as you point out the Twoparties would not be in favor of being less in control after all the trouble they have gone through to monopolize political power in the US. Voter turnout in states where one party dominates might be much different if the voters knew they might have some actual influence by voting. If that is the case, there is no way of knowing how the change would affect the outcome of elections as there is no way of knowing which group would be more inclined to vote under new rules, those that do not vote now because they feel disenfranchised as the opposite party has a stranglehold or those that don't vote now as they feel safe because they are assured that their side will always win anyway .
Actually what tulc suggests wouldn't require an amendment, though it would need to be implemented on a state by state basis which is both easier and more difficult.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
like I said it is easy to lie and decieve Americans....
...is it worth pointing out that this would probably explain how President Trump managed to get elected in the first place? :sorry:

just talked to a person from Caolifornia.....
Nice! Just talked to a bunch of people myself! :)

Coudnt believe that all you have to have is a drivers licese to vote...
He said it is true
Cool story bro. ;)

....read the articles
Did, they don't prove anyone voted illegally, they do prove people apparently don't need any actual proof, just a plausible paranoid scenario and they seem to think that's all the proof they need. pssst...just so you know? it isn't

According to the law and a report by the Washington Times, “The New Motor Voter Act automatically registers to vote all eligible voters when they OBTAIN or renew their drivers licenses at the Department of Motor Vehicles instead of requiring them to fill out a form.
uhmmm...the wrong word was emphasized in the above, it should have been eligible not OBTAIN. :wave:
tulc(will look forward to the proof for all those illegal voters) :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...is it worth pointing out that this would probably explain how President Trump managed to get elected in the first place? :sorry:

Nice! Just talked to a bunch of people myself! :)

Cool story bro. ;)

Did, they don't prove anyone voted illegally, they do prove people apparently don't need any actual proof, just a plausible paranoid scenario and they seem to think that's all the proof they need. pssst...just so you know? it isn't

uhmmm...the wrong word was emphasized in the above, it should have been eligible not OBTAIN. :wave:
hey great arguement

you have finally convinced me to believe the fake media....

I finally get it...that nearly 1 million illegals have drivers license in california alone and they could have voted but not even 1 voted....

I think I will become a democrat because they never lie or decieve anyone and they have the best policies I have ever seen!!!!!!

cant believe Trump lied to me when he said 3 million illegals voted because even though they had the oportunity to vote they wouldnt do it...

because they are law abiding citizens....other than being illegal.....

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Some questions.
1) How does California decide who is or is not eligible to vote under the system being discussed?
2) Who does California contend is eligible to vote?
3) How does California ensure that those being registered through the Motor Voter program are eligible to vote?
4) How does one prove something if one isn't allowed to check whether it happened? If there is no check for proof of eligibility to vote at the polling place, how can one prove ineligible voters did or did not vote?
5) As California is a sanctuary state, why should the rest of the country believe that California politicians and bureaucrats would not be happy to have illegal aliens voting in elections and would have little motivation to see to it that they do not?

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some questions.
1) How does California decide who is or is not eligible to vote under the system being discussed?
2) Who does California contend is eligible to vote?
3) How does California ensure that those being registered through the Motor Voter program are eligible to vote?
4) How does one prove something if one isn't allowed to check whether it happened? If there is no check for proof of eligibility to vote at the polling place, how can one prove ineligible voters did or did not vote?
5) As California is a sanctuary state, why should the rest of the country believe that California politicians and bureaucrats would not be happy to have illegal aliens voting in elections and would have little motivation to see to it that they do not?

Aside from the fact that voter fraud as having any impact is a myth, it seems to rear its ugly head on occasion. Ultimately federal, state, and various independent investigations have definitively demonstrated that voter fraud is rare and constitutes no significance in election results. I believe that voter fraud has been shown to represent between .0003 and .0025 percent. (In fact Kobach, trump's ill advised choice to investigate fraud, can be proud of his investigation...not: https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article77519827.html

Instead of asking questions do a little research:
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-me-pol-ca-motor-voter-law-20151016-html-htmlstory.html

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
like I said it is easy to lie and decieve Americans....

just talked to a person from Caolifornia.....
Coudnt believe that all you have to have is a drivers licese to vote...
He said it is true ....read the articles

According to the law and a report by the Washington Times, “The New Motor Voter Act automatically registers to vote all eligible voters when they OBTAIN or renew their drivers licenses at the Department of Motor Vehicles instead of requiring them to fill out a form.

Illegals are Not Eligible.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Illegals are Not Eligible.

thank you for that ^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aside from the fact that voter fraud as having any impact is a myth, it seems to rear its ugly head on occasion. Ultimately federal, state, and various independent investigations have definitively demonstrated that voter fraud is rare and constitutes no significance in election results. I believe that voter fraud has been shown to represent between .0003 and .0025 percent. (In fact Kobach, trump's ill advised choice to investigate fraud, can be proud of his investigation...not: https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article77519827.html

Instead of asking questions do a little research:
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-me-pol-ca-motor-voter-law-20151016-html-htmlstory.html
The LA Times article says it all. Thanks for finding and posting it. :)

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. I have voted more for Republicans than Democrats in my state. BUT I hate to be misinformed and I hate conspiracy theories.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The LA Times article says it all. Thanks for finding and posting it. :)

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican. I have voted more for Republicans than Democrats in my state. BUT I hate to be misinformed and I hate conspiracy theories.
Republicans disbanded their voter fraud commission investigation into illegal immigrants voting after there was no proof. Trump was lying to deceive the public. Some people do not like being lied to.
https://www.economist.com/democracy...emise-of-donald-trumps-voter-fraud-commission

Trump has given out so much misinformation, rudeness and dishonesty that people have been turning away from the Republican party in state and local elections since he took office. The Democrats may prevail for a time. Trump used foreign assistance to win an election. That is illegal according to Federal law.

It is typical for US voters to swing back and forth between Democrat and Republican from time to time as both sides make mistakes. Obama had said he was never a Muslim before the election. Later he changed his statement to he used to be a Muslim. Voters gave the Republicans the White House and Congress after Obama's term ended.

Judge Roy Moore was running in a US Senate special election. He had been accused of asking teenage girls in a mall for dates when he was a 30 year old district attorney. Alabama voted for a Democratic Senator for the first time in 30 years. Doug Jones represents Alabama in the Senate. Trump also has a history of sexual immorality that does not impress some voters who are Christian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump has given out so much misinformation, rudeness and dishonesty that people have been turning away from the Republican party in state and local elections since he took office. The Democrats may prevail for a time. Trump used foreign assistance to win an election. That is illegal according to Federal law.
Why should I vote for a Democrat to be Governor of my state because Trump is a Republican?

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"If Phillips does release a more detailed report, we will consider that information. But for now, this claim is inaccurate. We rate it False."
Ok? Snopes says it is unproven.

Two sources. Two outcomes.

Upvote 0

ladodgers6

Know what you believe and why you believe it
Site Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Los Angeles
✟192,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trumps-questionable-claim-electoral-college/

tulc(President Trump's 189th false, his 75th false since becoming President) :wave:
Trump, Putin morph into one person on TIME cover.
TRUMP.jpg

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My wise old dad always told me that the electoral college favors democrats because it's based on higher density populations and city people tend to vote democrat, especially blue collar union workers, nearly forced by unions to conform or starve.

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
facts or facts....
lies inn the fake media

All you need in California to vote is a drivers license.......

NO ONE KNOWS how many illegals voted???????

but close to 1 million have drivers licenses

https://www.americanthinker.com/art..._licenses_eligible_to_vote_after_april_1.html

Since January 2015, according to the California DMV, A.B. 60, a law passed by the California Assembly, "allows illegal immigrants to the United States to apply for a California driver's license with the CA Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)" [emphasis original]. As of December 2016, more than 800,000 California driver's licenses were issued to illegal aliens under the A.B. 60 law.

Starting on April 1, 2018, illegal aliens in California who have recently obtained state driver's licenses legally, or obtained them previously by lying about their immigration status, will automatically be registered to vote.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ible_to_vote_after_april_1.html#ixzz5LjtKhwiN
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/art...ible_to_vote_after_april_1.html#ixzz5Ljt1RwgB
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wise old dad always told me that the electoral college favors democrats because it's based on higher density populations and city people tend to vote democrat, especially blue collar union workers, nearly forced by unions to conform or starve.
I hate to say it but your dad sort of missed the whole point of the Electoral college, it was designed specifically to defeat that very thing. :sorry:
tulc(and as has been pointed out: only Republicans have ever won through the Electoral college while losing the popular vote) :wave:

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hate to say it but your dad sort of missed the whole point of the Electoral college, it was designed specifically to defeat that very thing. :sorry:
tulc(and as has been pointed out: only Republicans have ever won through the Electoral college while losing the popular vote) :wave:

Why do you suppose it is that states like CA are worth so many more EC votes? CA is worth more than many states combined. It's because of population density, which is mostly accounted for by large cities. Personally I am fine with changing the system from EC winner to popular vote winner, despite some people's confidence in Democrat candidates. Better yet, how about winner of the most states wins...thinking back to states rights.

Upvote 0