Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This country doesn't need people like you who wish our presidents fail.
No, only Trump.

Like I said, he alone was the least deserving of winning the presidency. I'm not going to magically like and respect the guy just because a desperate quarter of the country gave him enough of their votes for him to technically win.

You want people to like the president, then elect a likable guy next time.

You're very un-American
According to Hal A Peno... Not sure I care to fit into your limited definition of an American.

you're on ignore.
That's okay. I still like your username, Hal. :)

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
what does it mean to hope that Trump "fails"?
What did it mean when Republicans hoped that Obama failed, opposing him at every turn?
It means that the opposition party doesn't want the policies of Trump to become law.

It means that Democrats don't want to see Trump's healthcare proposals become law. They don't want tax cuts for the top 1%. They don't want millions of undocumented workers sent home. They don't want to deport DACA kids.

Curiously, I think that more good legislation may be passed under Trump than would have been passed under Clinton. As I have said, the question was when Trump would realize that he needs Democratic votes and start negotiating with Democrats. Lots COULD be passed with 50 Republican votes. However, Republicans are split. They can't get 50 Republican votes on anything that isn't bi-partisan to start with.

BOTTOM LINE
Trump started negotiating these past few days.

Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
Donald Trump took $107 million promised to charities ... and kept it

By Mark Sumner
Monday Sep 18, 2017

Occupying the White House has proven lucrative for Donald Trump. He’s been able to charge the Secret Service hundreds of thousands for rental space and golf carts. He’s been able to turn his Washington Hotel into a place where the emoluments clause is put to constant test. But the AP reports that no other cash-in matches the one Trump took on day one.

President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee raised an unprecedented $107 million for a ceremony that officials promised would be “workmanlike,” and the committee pledged to give leftover funds to charity.
The $107 million is a massive amount for even the most lavish inauguration. It’s almost twice what Barack Obama took in for a celebration that was much more widely attended and which included many more events. Trump even cut back on the number of inaugural balls to only two, compared to the ten balls that the Obamas attended in 2009. With twice the money and one fourth the events, all but a handful of the $107 million gifted to Trump for the inauguration should be available for charitable giving.

It’s been eight months. How much has been given out? None. None at all.

Nothing has yet gone to charity.

What is left from the massive fundraising is a mystery, clouded by messy and, at times, budget-busting management of a private fund that requires little public disclosure.
Donald Trump wants attention for giving $1 million to those affected by recent hurricanes—donations that so far haven’t actually happened. But he’s still sitting on a massive heap of cash from January which, despite promises, hasn’t gone to help anyone but Trump.

What information has been provided on the fate of this huge pile of cash has been confusing, and simply unbelievable. Of particular interest: The $25 million Trump inaugural concert.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He's lowered the bar so much, it would take a real scandal to surprise me...

But I also feel that there's enough evidence out there to impeach him twenty times over. I'm sure Robert Mueller has enough but I think he wants to make sure he roots out all the corruption at one time--we want to catch all those who colluded with Russia, so that none of them will be around in 2020.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
He's lowered the bar so much, it would take a real scandal to surprise me...

But I also feel that there's enough evidence out there to impeach him twenty times over. I'm sure Robert Mueller has enough but I think he wants to make sure he roots out all the corruption at one time--we want to catch all those who colluded with Russia, so that none of them will be around in 2020.
He's just making room for a new batch of corrupt people.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married

By Mark Sumner
Monday Sep 18, 2017

Occupying the White House has proven lucrative for Donald Trump. He’s been able to charge the Secret Service hundreds of thousands for rental space and golf carts. He’s been able to turn his Washington Hotel into a place where the emoluments clause is put to constant test. But the AP reports that no other cash-in matches the one Trump took on day one.

President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee raised an unprecedented $107 million for a ceremony that officials promised would be “workmanlike,” and the committee pledged to give leftover funds to charity.
The $107 million is a massive amount for even the most lavish inauguration. It’s almost twice what Barack Obama took in for a celebration that was much more widely attended and which included many more events. Trump even cut back on the number of inaugural balls to only two, compared to the ten balls that the Obamas attended in 2009. With twice the money and one fourth the events, all but a handful of the $107 million gifted to Trump for the inauguration should be available for charitable giving.

It’s been eight months. How much has been given out? None. None at all.

Nothing has yet gone to charity.

What is left from the massive fundraising is a mystery, clouded by messy and, at times, budget-busting management of a private fund that requires little public disclosure.
Donald Trump wants attention for giving $1 million to those affected by recent hurricanes—donations that so far haven’t actually happened. But he’s still sitting on a massive heap of cash from January which, despite promises, hasn’t gone to help anyone but Trump.

What information has been provided on the fate of this huge pile of cash has been confusing, and simply unbelievable. Of particular interest: The $25 million Trump inaugural concert.

Trump conning the marks. Sound like just another day in the USA.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
White House: All The Women Who Say Trump Sexually Harassed Them Are Liars

Jenna Amatulli HuffPost October 27, 2017

“Obviously sexual harassment has been in the news. At least 16 women accused the president of sexually harassing them throughout the course of the campaign. Last week, during a press conference in the Rose Garden, the president called these accusations ‘fake news.’ Is the official White House position that all these women are lying?”

White House: All The Women Who Say Trump Sexually Harassed Them Are Liars
-------------

compare Trump with Weinstein

0ecd935af88629e822c95a90dbaff689.jpg

0ecd935af88629e822c95a90dbaff689.jpg

Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
Americans have worse perceptions of Ivanka Trump and Trump Hotels than almost any other brand in the US

11/1/2017

Americans have an extremely low perception of Trump family brands.

Both Ivanka Trump's fashion line and Trump Hotels fell to the bottom 10 of more than 1,600 brands analysed in a YouGov consumer perception survey, Axios reports. YouGov surveyed 4,800 people in a representative national sample to arrive at the result.

Americans have worse perceptions of Ivanka Trump and Trump Hotels than almost any other brand in the US

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
He at least has something to be proud about when it comes to life accomplishments.

Really?
What would that be?

Inheriting a fortune?
Letting a bunch of his companies go bankrupt, which enabled him to evade paying taxes for more then a decade?
Getting a super model to marry him?
Grabbing women by the kitten?

What?

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't like it that Trump is doing disastrous things to the environments of the world with policy changes, for immediate gains for certain businesses which will have disasterous results in the future, affecting future generations long after him, and he also always appoints individuals to important high positions in government for self interest, regardless that there isn't qualifications for the purpose or requirements there are for the positions. Trump is doing things that have him very anti-earth.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was reading about this in Newsweek.

"The President is committed to making sure this gets done. We know that the wall and other security measures at the border work. We've seen that take place over the last decade, and we're committed to making sure the American people are protected. And we're going to continue to push forward and make sure that the wall gets built."

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders doesn't say anything about Mexico -- probably because there is nothing to say. She also makes no mention -- at least in this first answer -- of the shutdown and how far Trump is willing to push it to secure wall funding. "We're going to push forward and make sure that the wall gets built" is saying nothing while trying to appear like you are saying something.

"Once again, the President is committed to making sure this happens, and we're going to push forward."

So, in summary: The President is going to make sure this happens. Also, forward-pushing.

"I certainly don't think any efforts have been abandoned."

This Sanders response come after a question by CBS' Major Garrett about whether Trump's threat to shut down the government over wall funding means he has given up on making Mexico pay for the wall. Her wording is interesting: No "efforts" have been abandoned. The Trump administration then continues to push to make Mexico pay for the wall? How so? When is the last time Trump or someone in his administration spoke to Peña Nieto about paying for the wall? And what was Mexico's response? Are our efforts paying dividends? Is Mexico more likely to pay for the wall now than they were earlier this year?

"Again, this is something the President is committed to. He's committed to protecting American lives. And doing that through the border wall is something that's important. It's a priority, and we're moving forward with it."

Sanders has a story -- and she's sticking to it. Trump is committed to building the wall. Things are moving forward. But, the most interesting part of this question-and-answer comes when the reporter presses Sanders on the fact that Trump has stopped saying publicly that Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

"He hasn't said they're not either," she retorts.

Ahem.

To reiterate: Trump spent two years promising at, literally, every rally that he was going to build a wall and Mexico was going to pay for it. Now suddenly, he is issuing a threat to shut down the government unless Congress allocates money to build the wall. And he's stopped mentioning the whole Mexico-will-pay-for-it thing.

Now that reporters are pointing out that obvious change in rhetoric, the best the White House can muster is the delicious double negative that Trump hasn't not said Mexico is paying for the wall.

OK then!

The simple fact is that no president can make a sovereign foreign government do something they believe to be disadvantageous for them. Trump can bring pressure to bear on Mexico -- particularly in regards trade -- to attempt to extract money for the wall from them. But he just can't make them pay up.

Sanders' answers are part of the White House's ongoing attempt to cloud that reality. Why? Because, for Trump, that promise to make Mexico pay for the wall was so fundamental to his appeal as a candidate that to openly acknowledge it isn't going to happen (and never was) is hugely politically problematic.

But all of the spin in the world can't polish this turd of a campaign promise. Sanders knows that. Trump does too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
The Trump Organization is set to distance itself from one of its biggest headaches in the Russia probe

Natasha Bertrand

The Trump Organization will end its contract with the real estate investment firm that owns the Trump SoHo hotel in New York, effectively ending Trump's relationship with the troubled hotel.

In walking away early from the deal, the Trump Organization will also distance itself from the controversial firm it worked with nearly a decade ago to develop the troubled hotel: Bayrock.

Bayrock and its cofounder, Felix Sater, are now under scrutiny by special counsel Robert Mueller, who is examining Trump's business dealings as part of his investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Moscow during the 2016 election.

The Trump Organization is set to distance itself from one of its biggest headaches in the Russia probe
------------------

The Trump SoHo Hotel in New York City Is About to Drop the ‘Trump’ Bit
Fortune November 23, 2017

The election of President Trump has had at best mixed results for the business. Basketball star LeBron James refused to stay at the hotel in December last year, the kind of political gesture that has been echoed this year in, for example liberal boycotts of products endorsed by Trump’s daughter Ivanka. And in June 2017, Koi Restaurant–which was located at the bottom of Trump SoHo–shut its doors, explaining to Money at the time that “before Trump won, we were doing great.”

Watch Trump Announce on ‘The Apprentice’ the SoHo Hotel His Company’s Now Dumping (Video)
-----------------------

• Winner
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald trump doesn't seem like a humbled human being..do you think he lacks humility? It seems like he is always praising himself the way he talks sometimes.

Trump is the president of the USA and as such deserves the respect that befits his office. In a world where the American - European alliance has been the basis for global security and stability for 70 years ,as Americas president, he is the de facto leader of the free world. Humility and glaring character flaws are less important to me than sober minded good judgment in his actual decisions and doing the right thing in practice. Comparing him and Obama in that respect he seems a better president to me however well adjusted, consensual and unembarrassing Obama strove to be. Obamas soft diplomacy foreign policy has been a long term disaster in the ME for instance he facilitated the rise of ISIS and withdrew too quickly from Iraq. He also turned a blind eye to North Koreas nuclear programme. I actually welcome the refreshing sincerity of an outspoken president when compared to the stifling political correctness that preceded it. I believe that America actually needs a president to shake things up a bit within reason and one who is not beholden to most of the lobby groups that have been driving America into the ground in recent years and especially the health / Big Pharma lot. This president seems to be a friend of Christians even if the jury is still out as to whether he actually is one himself. He may well understand economics better than most presidents since Bill Clinton though I do not know if America first is a good strategy for the world as a whole.

But I do not understand the need to raise defence spending when the deficit is so high and the existing budget so adequate. Do not understand the alliance with the Saudis given their track record on human rights, the liberal view towards gun laws that clearly need to be properly enforced, global warming is a fact and America would lose nothing by working with other nations to reduce its worst effects. Also while freeriders in NATO definitely needed a wake up call he needs to be careful he does not break the alliance from which America and the world benefits so hugely. IN Europe the press and establishment are universally against him and this worries me deeply as a split between America and Europe threatens the very basis of our security and prosperity and indeed the constructive moral perspective and critique that both partners can give each other. Right now both sides are not talking and are blindly and arrogantly dismissing what the other has to say.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist

Natasha Bertrand

The Trump Organization will end its contract with the real estate investment firm that owns the Trump SoHo hotel in New York, effectively ending Trump's relationship with the troubled hotel.

In walking away early from the deal, the Trump Organization will also distance itself from the controversial firm it worked with nearly a decade ago to develop the troubled hotel: Bayrock.

Bayrock and its cofounder, Felix Sater, are now under scrutiny by special counsel Robert Mueller, who is examining Trump's business dealings as part of his investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Moscow during the 2016 election.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He's just making room for a new batch of corrupt people.
Like Roy Moore. I hope that Alabamians of good faith--and good common sense--come out in force to defeat this pedophile who combines bad character with a history of bad policies and shouldn't win an election for dogcatcher.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
mindlight said "Humility and glaring character flaws are less important to me than sober minded good judgment in his actual decisions and doing the right thing in practice."

I agree with you on Trump's narcissism and glaring character flaws, but what bothers me most is his complete LACK of judgment, based on total ignorance of the facts of the situation.

Case in point--recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Afterwards he seemed completely clueless as to why world leaders, including Pope Francis, leader of 1.6 billion Catholics, condemned him. He seemed clueless as to why Middle Eastern nations were offended. He feigned innocence when a supporter of ISIS detonated a bomb in Port Authority, NY, this morning, which, had the attack been completely successful, could have destroyed a building with 250,000 daily travelers.

He couldn't figure out why a "supporter of ISIS" would turn to violence because of Trump's misguided decision which has been condemned worldwide.

• Winner
Upvote 0