Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did he apologize?
Has he ever apologized?
No, Donald Trump is a man who doesn't feel the need to apologize, not even after it is pointed out to him that he has said horrible racist, sexist, hurtful things. This man is not a peacemaker and not a leader; he is sower of discord who sows seeds of anger and hatred day in, day out. By their fruits you will know them.

That's all he is, the Emperor With No Clothes: a reality-TV snowflake personality for whom personal ratings and profits trump everything. And he knows that the more outrageous things he spouts, the more airtime he will get, never mind how many people he hurts and never mind whether fostering hatred at home and abroad is good for the country he is supposed to work for. The United States of America under Donald Trump's presidency has turned into a country whose main commodity is hatred. That is the fruit of his presidency.

I hope you feel better now probably some type of release therapy??
If not maybe you could explain in a little more detail??
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope you feel better now probably some type of release therapy??
If not maybe you could explain in a little more detail??
M-Bob

I'm nobody. I'm not the President of the United States abusing my position of power and wasting my time as the highest representative of the American people to wage petty twitter feuds with private citizen-nobodies, spread gossip, cheap conspiracy theories, false testimonies, dish dirt and routinely call fellow people crazy, stupid, fat or ugly, or use racial slurs on US officials whom the American people have elected to represent them.

You seem very intent on holding me to a higher standard. I sincerely hope you hold your President to much higher standard than me, because unlike me, who represent only myself, he represents all of you when he casually calls people he disagrees with "crazy" and, if they are a woman, "fat." I may have disagreed with Bush's and Obama's policies yet I kept referring to them as President Bush and President Obama, because they deserved it. Neither stooped to the gutter and called their fellow people "crazy" when faced with opposition. Unlike indecent Trump, both stayed dignified and respectful, and I respect that. Decent people should not let indecency become the norm.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about the disabled reporter he mocked two years ago? Or the time he insulted Carly Fiorentina's looks? Or last year when he used 'crazy, low IQ Mika'?

How far back are we supposed to just ignore or not condemn?

Yep. The disabled reporter part was debucked, but the rest of it ? Yep.

I'm more interested in the actions and policies that effect the country.

You can read news and opinions pieces everyday of citizens and media doing the same thing to different people, and yet at the same time telling others they aren't allowed...and act all outraged, etc. It's noise to me personally. I tend to turn off the 'do as I say not as I do' types anyway.

I personally don't like him as a person. Just don't. I don't like the celebrities, media, and other loud mouths that act like shocked and appalled either. It's disingenuous. They really need to look in the mirror if they they are going to call out bad behavior first.

Their excuses as to why they shouldn't have to? Yep, they get all mad when they fall on deaf ears. That's the way the cookie crumbles at times. So, go ahead call names - and show a bunch of bad behavior in response. Sadly, that's what people do today - and then claim their higher moral ground. Talk about double standards.

If the citizens and media hyper-focused on every President like they seem to do today? They would have died of strokes or heart attacks a long time ago. This selective outrage is really stupid. It amazes me how little people know about their past Presidents, and their dark sides. Why no condemnation and so much ignoring there? Selective history doesn't do much either.

I want to see what he can do for the country. I want to see things happen that President's of the past claimed they would fix - and never did - and see if he can. If he has to call people names like the modern society does today to get it done? Okay. The polite and honorable (cough cough) ones of the past didn't, and it still needed.

Meanwhile, we will watch the bullies on the schoolyard get all upset because they don't like someone's else behavior. I'm going to watch how the government actions, and policies effect the country, and allow others to get all wound up over the noise.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yep. The disabled reporter part was debucked, but the rest of it ? Yep.

No it wasn't debunked. Trump first claimed he didn't even know the reporter. The reporter showed that not only were they on first name terms for years, but they'd met at least a dozen times. Then they tried to claim Trump always does that face when he's mocking people. So him pretending to be disabled to derisively impersonate non-disabled people somehow makes it better?!

If the citizens and media hyper-focused on every President like they seem to do today? They would have died of strokes or heart attacks a long time ago. This selective outrage is really stupid. It amazes me how little people know about their past Presidents, and their dark sides. Why no condemnation and so much ignoring there? Selective history doesn't do much either.

You really don't get it? The media would have done exactly what they're doing now if ANY president in the past had done this stuff in the way and the quantity that this current idiot is doing. He is not a normal president getting an unfair ride from the media, he is a wildly extreme
narcissistic sociopath who is ignoring the constitution, the law and every boundary of common decency and convention.

This guy attacks anyone and everyone who he perceives as even slightly critical to him. He humiliates men and women based on looks, intelligence, disability or anything else he can think of, and has a long and twisted history of trying to destroy the lives of anyone who crosses him. He's a monster by any reasonable estimation, and yet you tell us HE'S the one being bullied? Wow..

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You really don't get it? The media would have done exactly what they're doing now if ANY president in the past had done this stuff in the way and the quantity that this current idiot is doing. He is not a normal president getting an unfair ride from the media, he is a wildly extreme
narcissistic sociopath who is ignoring the constitution, the law and every boundary of common decency and convention.

You don't get I'm allowed get my point of view - which is part of the problem today. If it doesn't go along with the hating, name calling theme today? I'm dismissed. Look down your nose if you must. (shrugs)

If he is ignoring the constitution we have remedies for that. So, just throwing out there? It really doesn't validate anything.

The Culture has trampled on many boundaries of common decency and convention - and yet that seems to be okay. You point that out? The labels and name calling - and calls for how you are HATE are used. That tends to invalidate their moral superiority complex. Sadly, they don't see it - its called denial.

I look past both groups - your group and Trump - and both of your trampling on boundaries of common decency and convention - and look to how the policies (not personalities, and name calling) are going to effect the country.

I have no choice but to live with both groups, and I will watch how legislation, policies, etc effect our way of life. You want to concentrate more on the melodramatics of the day? More power to you.

Bullies tend to use labels and name calling. They tend to think only their POV counts, and everyone else's is laughable..and should be mocked. There have been individuals that have had their life's destroyed, because they disagreed with things. The media piles on - the society piles on - and you naively think its only Trump. Okay then.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You don't get I'm allowed get my point of view - which is part of the problem today. If it doesn't go along with the hating, name calling theme today? I'm dismissed. Look down your nose if you must. (shrugs)

I'm not looking down my nose or trying to dismiss you, and I'd like to apologize if I came across like that.

If he is ignoring the constitution we have remedies for that.

The concern at present is that those remedies are not being used. They require Republican's to enforce them against a Republican president, and they appear to be refusing to do so.

I look past both groups - your group and Trump - and both of your trampling on boundaries of common decency and convention.

Excuse me? What exactly is 'my group'? If you're going to accuse me of trampling on common decency then I think I at least deserve an explanation of what I'm supposed to have done.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did he apologize?

Has he ever apologized?

No, Donald Trump is a man who doesn't feel the need to apologize, not even after it is pointed out to him that he has said horrible racist, sexist, hurtful things. This man is not a peacemaker and not a leader; he is sower of discord who sows seeds of anger and hatred day in, day out. By their fruits you will know them.

That's all he is, the Emperor With No Clothes: a reality-TV snowflake personality for whom personal ratings and profits trump everything. And he knows that the more outrageous things he spouts, the more airtime he will get, never mind how many people he hurts and never mind whether fostering hatred at home and abroad is good for the country he is supposed to work for. The United States of America under Donald Trump's presidency has turned into a country whose main commodity is hatred. That is the fruit of his presidency.

As a general rule, folks who are over the top narcissists, have difficulty apologizing.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's unthinkable that a President of the United States of America would repeatedly mock a senior Jewish American Senator who lost family in Holocaust as a "crier" and ahead of the International Holocaust Rememberance Day no less.

But this is what Trump does and the timing is not an accident. "Cryin’ Chuck Schumer" is a catcall to Trump's anti-Semitic neo-nazi base. An indecent man is as an indecent man does and Donald Trump is not a decent man.

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I would also like to add the fact that many of you don't "get" Trump.
He is playing 3d chess while so many are trying to compete at checkers. He is always 3 or more moves ahead.

Take all the news stories about Trump going after Jay Z

How many realised he was having fun and the tweet was a rap

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If I were to compare the accomplishments of most of the Trump bashers on this thread to my President... They would come out as losers.

And yet they feel the need to correct ... I guess your house is clean?

You mean the guy who started out in business with 'a small loan' from his father of $1 million, tried to become a real estate mogul by borrowing vast sums from banks (underwritten by his father) and failed horribly, took over his fathers company worth many tens of millions and proceeded to fail so many times (including mulitple bankrupcies) that he reached a point where no banks would lend him money any more. He finally worked out he could make money by licensing his name, yet continued to make wild and provably untrue statements about his involvement in real estate deals and his own wealth. He even sued a reporter for saying he lied about his financial worth, and lost after embarrassing himself utterly in a deposition where he was forced to admit he'd wildly exaggerated and sometimes downright lied about how much money he had. Oh and of course Trump university, another great Trump venture that ended up with lawsuits and an eventual Trump surrender.

So many achievements! So much winning! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What he said was very different from what he's doing.

Pretty much the opposite as a matter of fact.

Example: "I will replace Obamacare WITH SOMETHING BETTER." Every medical group in the country, AARP, consumer groups agree it's much much worse. Hold him accountable for his blatant lies.

Give him time. It's hard to drain the swamp when you're up to your buttocks in alligators (even friendly ones).

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
The World's Ugliest American

Richard North Patterson,HuffPost• January 23, 2018

One year into the Trump administration, as our president prepares for his trip to address the annual World Economic Forum in Davos, here is the dynamic abroad: No foreign enemy could have degraded America’s global standing so completely in so short a time.

In word and deed, Donald Trump personifies the American ignoramus abroad. He insults foreign leaders in tweets, then melts in their presence. He switches positions based on personal flattery. He parades his ignorance of geopolitics. His erratic behavior and bellicose boasts provoke alarm in a nuclear age.

The World's Ugliest American

Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
inappropriate content Star Was Reportedly Paid to Stay Quiet About Trump
By MEGAN TWOHEY and JIM RUTENBERGJAN. 12, 2018

A lawyer for President Trump orchestrated a $130,000 payment to a inappropriate contentographic-film actress in October 2016 to prevent her from going public with claims of a consensual sexual encounter with Mr. Trump, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

The reported payment came shortly before the presidential election and as the actress, Stephanie Clifford, 38, was discussing sharing her account with ABC’s “Good Morning America” and the online magazine Slate, according to interviews, notes and text messages reviewed by The New York Times.

Jacob Weisberg, editor-in-chief of the Slate Group, said on Friday that in a series of interviews with Ms. Clifford in August and October 2016, she told him she had an affair with Mr. Trump after meeting him at a 2006 celebrity golf tournament. She told him that Michael D. Cohen, a lawyer for Mr. Trump, had agreed during the presidential campaign to pay her the $130,000 if she kept the relationship secret, Mr. Weisberg said, adding that Ms. Clifford had told him she was tempted to go public because the lawyer was late in making the payment and she feared he might back out of their agreement.

inappropriate content Star Was Reportedly Paid to Stay Quiet About Trump
------------

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
Trump's Deputy Drug Czar Is A 24-Year-Old With A Flimsy Work History
HuffPost
Dominique Mosbergen,HuffPost• January 22, 2018

A 24-year-old appointed to a top position in the White House drug policy office has come under scrutiny in recent days for his scanty résumé and lack of qualifications.

A new Washington Post report reveals that one of Taylor Weyeneth’s few previous jobs ended ignominiously. Weyeneth was “let go” from a New York law firm in 2015 because he didn’t show up to work, the paper reports.

Weyeneth was appointed last year as deputy chief of staff of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, or ONDCP, which coordinates federal drug-control efforts, and questions have recently been raised about his fitness for the role.

Prior to his work for the Trump administration, the only job he’d held since graduating from college in 2016 was working on President Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, the Post reported earlier this month. As a high schooler, Weyeneth worked for a family firm that processed health products; and as an undergraduate, he had a job as a legal assistant at the New York law firm O’Dwyer & Bernstien.

Trump's Deputy Drug Czar Is A 24-Year-Old With A Flimsy Work History

Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
'President for life' not a bad idea, Trump says of China proposal
By Amy Lieu | Fox News
3/4/2018

"He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great. I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."

- President Donald Trump, referring to China's President Xi Jinping
Trump's remarks were reportedly met with laughter and applause during a luncheon for Republican donors at his Mar-a-Lago estate.

'President for life' not a bad idea, Trump says of China proposal

Upvote 0

katsung47

Mar 8, 2011
✟31,385.00
Faith
Atheist
Fight Over Trump’s CIA Nominee Who Helped Oversee Torture May Hinge On Democrats

Igor Bobic,HuffPost •March 21, 2018

WASHINGTON ? Democrats find themselves in a conspicuous position on the nomination of Gina Haspel to lead the Central Intelligence Agency. For once, they may have the power and the moral high ground to derail one of President Donald Trump’s high-level appointments.

The question is whether they can stick together long enough to do so.

As the head of a clandestine base in Thailand in 2002, Haspel oversaw the interrogation of one terror suspect that reportedly included techniques like waterboarding. Another suspect, Abu Zubaydah, was waterboarded 83 times in one month at the same facility, although Haspel had not been put in charge of the base yet when he was questioned.

The torture sessions were videotaped, and Haspel also reportedly played a part in the tapes’ destruction in 2005. The CIA has disputed this, saying her superior was responsible for the decision to do so.

Fight Over Trump’s CIA Nominee Who Helped Oversee Torture May Hinge On Democrats

Upvote 0