Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You are free to believe that the Nixon administration was unreasonably accused. I believe The House at the time of resignation was held by Republicans.
That doesn't change anything I referred to.

If you are merely taking about rhetoric, then the Republican rhetoric against Clinton and Obama was just as bad, as well as Democratic rhetoric against Reagan.
Well, you again are trying to change the subject to what Democrats in general and Republicans in general have said against any president of the other party, and this is not what I was speaking to.

Upvote 0

mark46

Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟830,815.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That doesn't change anything I referred to.

Well, you again are trying to change the subject to what Democrats in general and Republicans in general have said against any president of the other party, and this is not what I was speaking to.
I agree that there are Democrats who criticized Nixon who now see him in a different light. Time and intervening presidents to compare with have been instructive.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I agree that there are Democrats who criticized Nixon who now see him in a different light. Time and intervening presidents to compare with have been instructive.
You give them much more credit than is deserved IMHO. It's much more likely that they simply go after the opponent of the moment and then use him as an example of someone who was 'not so bad after all' when attacking the new opponent.

Doing that certainly 1) makes the speaker sound reasonable and 2) the new adversary seem unbelievably awful to be compared unfavorably with the one who had earlier been so roundly denounced.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald trump doesn't seem like a humbled human being..do you think he lacks humility? It seems like he is always praising himself the way he talks sometimes.
Yes, he appears to be a very prideful person. But what difference will it make to talk about it? I am finding a lot of negativity in this forum (see Philippians 4:8).

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, he appears to be a very prideful person. But what difference will it make to talk about it? I am finding a lot of negativity in this forum (see Philippians 4:8).
I was just asking...

Reactions: Bicycle Larry
Upvote 0

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The four bankruptcies were not Trump going bankrupt; they were four out of many, many corporate transactions and were done for sound business reasons, just as all sorts of companies file for bankruptcy for strategic reasons.

"Strategic reasons" meaning getting court protection from your creditors. Why? Because the company is either failing due to mismanagement or obsolescence or because it is simply not profitable enough. Who suffers? The creditors and the workers. Who comes away smiling? The CEO and his/her executive team. They will probably collect bonuses for a well managed bankruptcy while the workers are stiffed for their back pay and their pensions.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you were doing more than just asking. My advice to you is to focus on Jesus, not the faults of others.
..like I said I was just asking...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟143,395.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Donald trump doesn't seem like a humbled human being..do you think he lacks humility? It seems like he is always praising himself the way he talks sometimes.

Narcistic psychopaths, tend to engage in such behaviour.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If he would of been a homeless Vet I doubt he would have been elected. I'm thankful he's president, and very thankful Hillary didn't get in!
And I'm just thankful he's so far turned out to be an ineffective leader and hasn't gotten much in the way of his agenda through the legislative process. It's hard to say if Hillary would have been any better in that regard considering the Republican majority in Congress would have been hell-bent on opposing her at every turn.

• Agree
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you hoping he fails?
A good question indeed! And one that has already been answered by people who can't seem to find anything better to do with their time than to say hateful things about those who do not agree with their politically correct views.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you hoping he fails?
Yes.

Of all the terrible candidates from last year's freak show we called an election, he is the absolute least deserving of a successful presidency. The least. He doesn't come anywhere close to deserving or having earned the incredible honor it is to be President of the United States.

So yeah, I hope he's remembered as an absolute failure of a President.

I'm for everyting he stands for.
Hopefully not everything.

Hopefully you don't stand for greed and love of money and empty vanity. For his proud arrogance and his opportunism and deliberate use of the fears and division in our society to his personal benefit. Hopefully you're not okay with a grown man who's publicly joked about a woman's period on a national debate stage or fat shamed a former contestant of one of his beauty pageants or joked about dating his own daughter.

He's doing the right things.
None that I can see.

Hillary is far too much into the evils of mob politics, and Bill and his loyal buddies are the most evil.
Had she been elected, would you have hoped for her success?

I pray for Trumps success, especially when it comes to how he handles Islamic terrorism.
I think our first responders, police and military do much more to help with that problem than the president ever could.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

Of all the terrible candidates from last year's freak show we called an election, he is the absolute least deserving of a successful presidency. The least. He doesn't come anywhere close to deserving or having earned the incredible honor it is to be President of the United States.

So yeah, I hope he's remembered as an absolute failure of a President.
You do realize that if he fails it will result in hurting the economy and the American people, right? How immature and foolish it is for a citizen to hope that his or her President will fail!

• Agree
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You do realize that if he fails it will result in hurting the economy and the American people, right?
Nonsense. I think his proposed policies are much more hurtful to the American people. If I thought otherwise, I'd be a Trump supporter. The economy will run itself independently of the man sitting in the Oval Office. Congress is the one to blame when the economy takes a nose dive.

How immature and foolish it is for a citizen to hope that his or her President will fail!
You couldn't expect much more with such an immature example leading the nation.

Just out of curiosity.... How many times has President Trump shown any support for former President Obama?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm independent, or WAS, and how embarrassing, I voted for Obama twice, how foolish of me. But it did some good. I'm no longer an independent and now a Republican. I gave the left a chance and they've continually gone the way of free liberlism. I want the Islamic immigration to America to STOP.
BTW, I love your username! :)

Upvote 0