United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article:

US President Donald Trump has ordered the creation of a "National Garden of American Heroes" to defend what he calls "our great national story" against those who vandalise statues.

His executive order gives a new task force 60 days to present plans, including a location, for the garden.

He insists the new statues must be lifelike, "not abstract or modernist".

A number of US statues have been pulled down since the police killing of an unarmed black man, George Floyd in May.

Monuments linked to the slave-owning Confederacy during the Civil War in America have been especially targeted in the nationwide protests ignited by the death of Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota, after a white police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

President Trump has defended Confederate symbols as a part of American heritage.

Continued below.
Trump orders creation of 'national heroes' garden

Reactions: jacks

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,295.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
For the most part I'm actually ok with this. I feel it might be a bit redundant with the National Statuary Hall Collection, but I don't think it's a deal breaker. I do have a problem with religious figures being honored with statutes, as well as a little troubled by the initial selection of statutes. All the people are worthy of being honored, but it's really telling how partisan some of the choices are. Only one modern President, and it's Reagan. But the man who brought the US out of the Great Depression and then won WWII was not considered worthy of being honored on the initial list. Same thing with the fact out of 114 Supreme Court Justices the only one included in the original list is Antonin Scalia. As influential as he was, I don't see why he was considered worthy of including in the initial list but John Marshall, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Earl Warren, Benjamin Cordoza etc... were not. But as a whole I actually like this idea, especially if it's not in DC.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From the article:

US President Donald Trump has ordered the creation of a "National Garden of American Heroes" to defend what he calls "our great national story" against those who vandalise statues.

His executive order gives a new task force 60 days to present plans, including a location, for the garden.

He insists the new statues must be lifelike, "not abstract or modernist".

A number of US statues have been pulled down since the police killing of an unarmed black man, George Floyd in May.

Monuments linked to the slave-owning Confederacy during the Civil War in America have been especially targeted in the nationwide protests ignited by the death of Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota, after a white police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

President Trump has defended Confederate symbols as a part of American heritage.

Continued below.
Trump orders creation of 'national heroes' garden

An excellent idea by President Trump.
M

Upvote 0