Trump allegedly revealed sensitive info about nuclear submarines, according to reports

shadowhunter

+collaboratively study, ~ debate, -fight.
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2008
✟60,940.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Trump and/or the most vehement MAGA adherents talks about news being a "hoax" or "fake", I believe they're not actually arguing these things aren't true. It's my opinion that they know these stories are true, or more than likely true.
I can't speak for all, We are so accustomed to complete fabrications that get debunked that we are willing to give him the benefit of doubt. The press has tried and convicted him.... yet again. POTUS declassifies things by simply sharing them. He needs no other permission. Do you know for a fact that this information was not shared previously elsewhere?

Do you know that it is not in the documents he took home when he left office? Yes, he legally could do that. I am just not willing to hear another accusation tried in the press. And you should be ashamed that you are so willing to condemn without a trial.

One side seems right until the other is heard. Pr 18.17 paraprhrased.

I simply stated that POTUS declassifies on a whim, and look how many are triggered. I didn't say he was innocent. My statement is true. For all the press and debate about it, the law states that anything classified can be declassified by the supervisor to the one who classified it. The President is the supervisor of all. You can put policies in place anywhere you want. You can pass laws; but any law that is unconstitutional is defacto null and void on it's face. So says the Supreme Court.

So I am a fanatic for not using the press and cancel culture to throw someone in prison? I think not.

Pr 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth [it], it [is] folly and shame unto him.

Much shame....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't speak for all, We are so accustomed to complete fabrications that get debunked that we are willing to give him the benefit of doubt. The press has tried and convicted him.... yet again. POTUS declassifies things by simply sharing them. He needs no other permission. Do you know for a fact that this information was not shared previously elsewhere?

Do you know that it is not in the documents he took home when he left office? Yes, he legally could do that. I am just not willing to hear another accusation tried in the press. And you should be ashamed that you are so willing to condemn without a trial.

One side seems right until the other is heard. Pr 18.17 paraprhrased.
He revealed classified information to a cardboard magnate after he left the Office and was just (President) private citizen Trump, when he wasn't “allowed to”.

Upvote 0

shadowhunter

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2008
✟60,940.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He revealed classified information to a cardboard magnate after he left the Office and was just (President) private citizen Trump, when he wasn't “allowed to”.
Thank you for displaying your shame. You convict on gossip. How do you know he didn't also share it while president? You don't. I am willing to wait and see. But foaming at the mouth fanatics are not. Do you use a rake or pitchfork?

Pr 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth [it], it [is] folly and shame unto him.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
How is this not basically treason? If this guy's really sharing American military secrets with whomever, how's this any different than someone like Robert Hanssen (the CIA's most infamous turncoat during the Cold War) sharing military secrets with the Soviets, and later the Russians (Hanssen didn't stop spying for them until he was arrested in 2001)? He did it for capitalistic reasons, too (they paid him a boatload of money over the years). He was also sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Well...?

Upvote 0

shadowhunter

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2008
✟60,940.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is this not basically treason? If this guy's really sharing American military secrets with whomever, how's this any different than someone like Robert Hanssen (the CIA's most infamous turncoat during the Cold War) sharing military secrets with the Soviets, and later the Russians (Hanssen didn't stop spying for them until he was arrested in 2001)? He did it for capitalistic reasons, too (they paid him a boatload of money over the years). He was also sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Well...?
You said it "IF". But thanks for piling on based on gossip. It is no longer a secret if he had shared it also while president.

Upvote 0

shadowhunter

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2008
✟60,940.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On paper, any discussion of U.S. nuclear forces would appear to be highly detrimental and likely involving classified information. Except that concern over classified material requires a practical prerequisite. Namely, that hostile actors are not already aware of what the classified material would otherwise tell them. It is thus noteworthy that special counsel Jack Smith was made aware of these submarine allegations but did not indict Trump in relation to them. That in mind, here are some things that the Russian navy and the People's Liberation Army Navy (thanks largely to the Russian navy) already know.

• They know that U.S. nuclear attack submarines can get within a few feet of their own submarines without being detected. Indeed, they know that their first counter-detection can come with collision.
  • They know that the U.S. has 14 nuclear ballistic missile submarines. They know that each of these submarines carries 20 Trident missiles and that those missiles are each loaded with between five to eight warheads (with a capacity for 12 warheads per missile). That's 100-160 warheads per submarine. They know that were U.S. Strategic Command to fear war, it would surge its ballistic missile fleet out to sea and load each submarine's missile to its max 12-warhead capacity.

• They know that nearly every time one of their own nuclear ballistic missile submarines departs Hainan Island, Qingdao, Vladivostok, or Murmansk, a U.S. nuclear attack submarine will attempt to shadow that submarine for the duration of its patrol. They know the U.S. will hold their missile submarines at risk of immediate destruction in the event of war.

• They know that U.S. nuclear attack submarines can operate undetected in their territorial waters. They know that these submarines can secretly deploy and extract special operations or intelligence personnel onto or from their soil.
  • They know that U.S. nuclear submarines can access, lay, and retrieve highly sensitive intelligence, communications, and surveillance devices on the seafloor deep inside their territory.
  • They know that U.S. submarine forces are unparalleled in skill and capability but increasingly weakened by a mismanaged industrial base. Both China and Russia are advancing their own submarine forces so as to take advantage of this vulnerability.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you for displaying your shame.
My naked honesty isn’t the topic.

You convict on gossip.
Here’s the facts: Mister Anthony Pratt is not an American citizen
American Broadcasting Company said:
Months after leaving the White House, former President Donald Trump allegedly discussed potentially sensitive information about U.S. nuclear submarines with a member of his Mar-a-Lago Club -- an Australian billionaire who then allegedly shared the information with scores of others, including more than a dozen foreign officials, several of his own employees, and a handful of journalists, according to sources familiar with the matter.
emphasis mine
How do you know he didn't also share it while president?
Sharing sensitive information with a private citizen of another nation? Not “illegal” if he was President, true. But how would that make it better?
You don't. I am willing to wait and see. But foaming at the mouth fanatics are not. Do you use a rake or pitchfork?
Again I’m not the topic of the thread, please do not attempt to make me it.
Hurling insults and innuendo, and then finishing up with a Bible verse isn’t sending the message you’re thinking of.
#bebest

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
How do you know he didn't also share it while president?
Thank you for displaying your shame.

If someone illegally bought alcohol when they are under 21, that crime is not magically eliminated if they later buy alcohol legally when they are over 21.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He doesn't understand the text of the Presidential records act and neither do many of his followers.

Note some of the statements in the Act:

Specifically, the PRA:​
  • Establishes public ownership of all Presidential records and defines the term Presidential records.
  • Requires that Vice-Presidential records be treated in the same way as Presidential records.
PUBLIC ownership - the Presidential documents are not the private property of the President, but of the nation.

• Requires that the President and his staff take all practical steps to file personal records separately from Presidential records.
  • Allows the incumbent President to dispose of records that no longer have administrative, historical, informational, or evidentiary value, once the views of the Archivist of the United States on the proposed disposal have been obtained in writing.
"once the views of the Archivst ....have been obtained in writing.

• Establishes that Presidential records automatically transfer into the legal custody of the Archivist as soon as the President leaves office.
The presidential records from his term in office do not belong to him. They belong to the country.

Trump is wrong in saying he can do anything he wants with the documents. He cannot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This was valuable intelligence for the Russians and Chinese, and makes it easier for the to defend against and destroy Navy nuclear submarines in the event of war. For the rest of his life, Trump will continue to blather classified information to anyone near him whenever he feels the need to make himself look important.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And let's all be honest with each other here. If Biden had done anything remotely like this, the republicans would be calling for his summary execution.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is untrue. President's have a lot of leeway and power to declassify, but they still have to go through the process in order for the document to be unclassified. Even if true, it wouldn't apply in this case as Donald was no longer President.
No, he could not. An ex-President can make the case that some documents are personal, rather than Presidential, but they cannot make that argument about matters of national security like our nuclear submarines.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist
Treason only occurs if aid and comfort is provided to an enemy. Australia not only isn't an enemy, it's part of Five Eyes.
Nevertheless, there are things we don't share with five eyes. Whether this is one, I don't know. I can tell you that the navy is mighty uptight about it's secrets.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nevertheless, there are things we don't share with five eyes. Whether this is one, I don't know. I can tell you that the navy is mighty uptight about it's secrets.
Indeed. I was merely answering the question of whether this constituted treason or not. This definitely is a big deal and looks bad for Donald. Who knows who else he shared stuff like this with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Pratt recounted that he told Trump during their conversation that Australia should buy submarines from the U.S., and an excited Trump "leaning" toward Pratt as if to be discreet, told him two pieces of information about American submarines, ABC reported, citing the anonymous sources.

You're going to hear more and more fake news, like never before, in order to distract away from Joe (Joe just reversed course on a border wall) and to smear President Trump. Elitists are furious at people who don't automatically vote for Democrats. If they can get away with electing Joe, when Joe has created so many disasters, they can get away with anything.
Allegedly. Uh huh. Trump seems to be the origin of all bad things, yet so many of these things turn out not to be true. We've had eight years of watching this happen.
Get back to us when he irrefutable DID do (whatever they are saying today).

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Allegedly. Uh huh. Trump seems to be the origin of all bad things, yet so many of these things turn out not to be true. We've had eight years of watching this happen.
Get back to us when he irrefutable DID do (whatever they are saying today).
Just think of all of the hours and hours Trump has been recorded, yet the sources relay these incredible stories of what Trump said--but never is there a recording to back them up!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Speaking of things Trump allegedly said...
Former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly on Monday confirmed past reports that then-President Donald Trump insulted wounded veterans in private conversations with staff and called fallen troops “losers” for sacrificing their lives for their country.

In a statement provided to CNN, Kelly — a former Marine Corps general who also served as Trump’s Homeland Security secretary — expressed disgust for the former commander-in-chief’s past actions and recent comments attacking outgoing Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley.

The 73-year-old Kelly told CNN that Trump is “a person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’”

He also said that Trump did not want to be photographed in public with military amputees, with the former president reportedly saying, “it doesn’t look good for me.”

Reports of Trump skipping out on military cemetery visits, banning wounded troops from official White House events and mocking prisoners of war and troops killed in action have circulated for years, but not with any confirmation from an official as high ranking in Trump’s inner circles as Kelly.

With Trump vying for a return to the White House next year, Kelly called him “a person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.”

The news comes less than two weeks after Trump took to social media to attack Milley, who retired from the military this weekend, for speaking to Chinese authorities in the tumultuous days following the 2020 presidential election.

Milley has said the conversations were routine interactions to keep lines of communications open during a presidential transition. Trump labeled them “an act so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been death.”

Milley said publicly last week that he had to contract extra security for his family following Trump’s comments. In his departure speech, the Army general reminded troops that “we don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator” and urged them to stay focused on their responsibilities to the country.

He despises us. Every veteran, every man and woman who served/was wounded/was killed in action. To him we're suckers and losers.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's not the first time Trump exposed secret documents to others.

Trump tweeted an image from a spy satellite, declassified document shows

After he tweeted the image, Trump said that he did nothing wrong. "We had a photo and I released it, which I have the absolute right to do," he told reporters at the time. The president has ultimate authority over what material is classified, and Aftergood says that he was probably within his legal rights to publicize the image.

And now the Iranians (and everyone else) know how good our satellite imagery can be. Oh, and they also know which satellite it is:
Amateur satellite trackers say they believe an image tweeted by President Trump on Friday came from one of America's most advanced spy satellites.

The image almost certainly came from a satellite known as USA 224, according to Marco Langbroek, a satellite-tracker based in the Netherlands. The satellite was launched by the National Reconnaissance Office in 2011. Almost everything about it remains highly classified, but Langbroek says that based on its size and orbit, most observers believe USA 224 is one of America's multibillion-dollar KH-11 reconnaissance satellites.

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of things Trump allegedly said...
Former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly on Monday confirmed past reports that then-President Donald Trump insulted wounded veterans in private conversations with staff and called fallen troops “losers” for sacrificing their lives for their country.

In a statement provided to CNN, Kelly — a former Marine Corps general who also served as Trump’s Homeland Security secretary — expressed disgust for the former commander-in-chief’s past actions and recent comments attacking outgoing Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley.

The 73-year-old Kelly told CNN that Trump is “a person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’”

He also said that Trump did not want to be photographed in public with military amputees, with the former president reportedly saying, “it doesn’t look good for me.”

Reports of Trump skipping out on military cemetery visits, banning wounded troops from official White House events and mocking prisoners of war and troops killed in action have circulated for years, but not with any confirmation from an official as high ranking in Trump’s inner circles as Kelly.

With Trump vying for a return to the White House next year, Kelly called him “a person that has nothing but contempt for our democratic institutions, our Constitution, and the rule of law.”

The news comes less than two weeks after Trump took to social media to attack Milley, who retired from the military this weekend, for speaking to Chinese authorities in the tumultuous days following the 2020 presidential election.

Milley has said the conversations were routine interactions to keep lines of communications open during a presidential transition. Trump labeled them “an act so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been death.”

Milley said publicly last week that he had to contract extra security for his family following Trump’s comments. In his departure speech, the Army general reminded troops that “we don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator” and urged them to stay focused on their responsibilities to the country.

He despises us. Every veteran, every man and woman who served/was wounded/was killed in action. To him we're suckers and losers.
Yet Biden abandoned American soldiers in Afghanistan with a botched withdrawal, including hundreds of allies that had helped us as well - and left billions in weapons for the Taliban.

I guess you have to decide which is worse, "alleged" rude, obnoxious comments or death to 13 soldiers, many allies, and billions in weapons to the Taliban,

Upvote 0