DOJ closes investigation of 9 discarded ballots in PA for insufficient evidence of criminality

The Ant

Oct 25, 2020
Brisbane
✟15,378.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Opinions vary on both of those statements. Neither statement is truth or lie. It's all about opinion. And each of us outside the loop form our opinion based on what news sources we expose ourselves to and who's opinion we trust.

Wrong. Either something is true, or it is not. Either there was widespread electoral fraud, or there was not. We’re not talking about your preferred ice-cream flavour here. We’re talking about facts. It is a knowable fact as to whether the election was fraudulent.

Upvote 0

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wrong. Either something is true, or it is not. Either there was widespread electoral fraud, or there was not. We’re not talking about your preferred ice-cream flavour here. We’re talking about facts. It is a knowable fact as to whether the election was fraudulent.
I agree with the part I bolded. However, as I pointed out previously, when it comes to the constitutionality of a thing, it doesn't stop the supreme court from presenting us with MANY 5/4 decisions. Have you ever been in a courtroom? It doesn't deal in truth. It deals in facts. They are not the same thing, though facts can be used to get to the truth.

Church deals in truth.

I'll leave this thread here. I stated what I needed to in post 43. The rest of my posts are just amplifications of it regarding specific points. This is my first day here and I didn't really come here to discuss politics. I still need to get a feel for this site and specific members. I think you understand where I'm coming from, and I understand (I think) where you are coming from on this issue, so I'm good. :)

Upvote 0

The Ant

Oct 25, 2020
Brisbane
✟15,378.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the part I bolded. However, as I pointed out previously, when it comes to the constitutionality of a thing, it doesn't stop the supreme court from presenting us with MANY 5/4 decisions. Have you ever been in a courtroom? It doesn't deal in truth. It deals in facts. They are not the same thing, though facts can be used to get to the truth.

Church deals in truth.

I'll leave this thread here. I stated what I needed to in post 43. The rest of my posts are just amplifications of it regarding specific points. This is my first day here and I didn't really come here to discuss politics. I still need to get a feel for this site and specific members. I think you understand where I'm coming from, and I understand (I think) where you are coming from on this issue, so I'm good. :)

You didn’t come here to discuss politics?? What forum do you think you’re in?

Upvote 0

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You didn’t come here to discuss politics?? What forum do you think you’re in?
I'm in Christian Forums

Thing is, when you click on "new posts", which is what I do when I am new to a site (to see what people are talking about), I see a lot of political posts, which surprises me, since I thought this was a "Christian" forum. In most of the "non-political" forums I frequent, Political posts are not even allowed. I'm not complaining. Just observing. I've found it's hard for non-political sites to moderate political sub-forums so they tend to just avoid it, which I personally think has merit. ;)

But like I said, this is my first day here and I'm getting a feel for the lay of the land. :)

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟265,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

Church deals in truth.

This is demonstrably false. This study shows that since at least 1986, it was more likely a Supreme Court decision was 9-0 rather than 5-4.
What Percentage of U.S. Supreme Court Cases are Decided 5-4, and Which Justices Vote Together Most Often? A Review of Historical and the 2017-2018 Term Data · Yiqin Fu
And that doesn’t include cases the Supreme Court didn’t bother taking because the answer was so obvious.

Upvote 0

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is demonstrably false. This study shows that since at least 1986, it was more likely a Supreme Court decision was 9-0 rather than 5-4.
What Percentage of U.S. Supreme Court Cases are Decided 5-4, and Which Justices Vote Together Most Often? A Review of Historical and the 2017-2018 Term Data · Yiqin Fu
And that doesn’t include cases the Supreme Court didn’t bother taking because the answer was so obvious.
What is demonstrably false? I said that the supreme court presents us with "many 5/4 decisions". That was not a false statement.

From the chart in your link, I would say that many decisions were 5/4. I also see this as a deflection from the point I was trying to make when I mentioned the SCOTUS decision splits:
votesplit.png

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Accountable - in descending:
1. Individuals who committed crimes
2. The POTUS who lied to them and led them to believe they could actually turn over the election results if they came to DC.
3. Senator Ted Cruz and other congressional leaders who repeated the lies
4. Media outlets who repeated the lies
5. People (like yourself?) who continue to spread the lie online, and apparently, come up with new ones.
Opinions vary on both of those statements. Neither statement is truth or lie. It's all about opinion. And each of us outside the loop form our opinion based on what news sources we expose ourselves to and who's opinion we trust.
I look at records to try and determine who is telling the truth. The sworn affidavits detailing election wrongdoing are shocking to read.

• Agree
Reactions: Direct Driver
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
I look at records to try and determine who is telling the truth. The sworn affidavits detailing election wrongdoing are shocking to read.

You need to review your records, as you appear to be under the misconception that Trump is telling the truth.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
For the life of me, i don't understand why anyone would choose a politician as someone to fawn over and idolize.
It’s America, we loves our “rags-to-riches” stories, or in this case “riches-to-Power”.
Say what you like about President Trump’s “style” but he did manage to become President, beating insurmountable odds in doing so, that’s something to admire.
Had he been a tad less authoritarian and willing to allow his underlings free reign to do their work without constant meddling from the Chief Executive, he’d’ve garnered a second term easily.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm in Christian Forums

Thing is, when you click on "new posts", which is what I do when I am new to a site (to see what people are talking about), I see a lot of political posts, which surprises me, since I thought this was a "Christian" forum. In most of the "non-political" forums I frequent, Political posts are not even allowed. I'm not complaining. Just observing. I've found it's hard for non-political sites to moderate political sub-forums so they tend to just avoid it, which I personally think has merit. ;)

But like I said, this is my first day here and I'm getting a feel for the lay of the land. :)

You might be more comfortable in the non-heathen politics forum?

Upvote 0

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's a difference? I'm getting a weird feeling that a lot of "non-Christians" may come to this particular sub-forum to talk politics because they can, and there seem to be a lot of people actively reading and posting. Is that what I'm actually seeing here?

I'm asking because the "majority viewpoint" I'm getting a feel for here is the exact opposite of the "majority viewpoint" I get when talking with Christians both on line and face to face.

Or am I just getting a wrong impression?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Too bad the judges didn’t seem to think so.

Though, I have to admit, I read them, and they were shocking to me, as well - it’s hard to believe anyone thought a judge wouldn’t toss that stuff out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
There's a difference? I'm getting a weird feeling that a lot of "non-Christians" may come to this particular sub-forum to talk politics because they can, and there seem to be a lot of people actively reading and posting. Is that what I'm actually seeing here?

I'm asking because the "majority viewpoint" I'm getting a feel for here is the exact opposite of the "majority viewpoint" I get when talking with Christians both on line and face to face.

Or am I just getting a wrong impression?

There’s about 70-80 core posters of all stripes here in forum 909 with another oh, 100 or so who pop in from time to time.
As I cannot post to forum 1250 I don’t read it much.
As far as I can see 909 is a bit more “lefty”.

I, myself, got here in ‘08 to check out what Christians thought of the choice of Sarah Palin as the VEEP candidate when Senator McCain was still in the good graces of the GOP, and their champion against that Obama fella.

I come and go, sometimes with years off in between.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There’s about 70-80 core posters of all stripes here in forum 909 with another oh, 100 or so who pop in from time to time.

I, myself, got here in ‘08 to check out what Christians thought of the choice of Sarah Palin as the VEEP candidate when Senator McCain was still in the good graces of the GOP, and their champion against that Obama fella.

That McCain was something. Originally (Snopes is wrong) the press called him "songbird" and after he hooked up with John Kerry they made him out not just to be a hero, but the tales the press told kept getting larger and larger.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That McCain was something. Originally (Snopes is wrong) the press called him "songbird" and after he hooked up with John Kerry they made him out not just to be a hero, but the tales the press told kept getting larger and larger.
Good job burying Caesar!

Upvote 0

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Heh. Back in January of 2009 my wife and I got to have a nice 45 minute private conversation with Sarah. Very nice and ridiculously smart woman. I was rather surprised.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0